Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 07:33:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Copps off on loan to Dingles  (Read 10764 times)

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
Re: Copps off on loan to Dingles
« Reply #30 on August 22, 2012, 10:12:46 pm by bigbadjack »
Don't see what the problem is he was always gonna go somewhere be that hull, Ipswich, forest or as it seems the dingles, good luck to him, get over it, move on

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 22, 2012, 10:13:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Gutting but had to happen sooner or later and definitely could be worse.

I'm extremely grateful for what Copps has done for us and along with Greeny, a cornerstone looks to have played his last game....for now.

One of if not the most skilful players I have ever seen and what entertainment he's served up. Sure, not been all a bed of roses but the man deserves high praise for his ability, loyalty and attitude. 

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 22, 2012, 10:15:36 pm by mushRTID »
I'm absolutly certain of one thing. Copps won't want to go to Barnsley!

Forced out with a capital F!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 22, 2012, 10:17:28 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I'm absolutly certain of one thing. Copps won't want to go to Barnsley!

Forced out with a capital F!

needs to say that then ....this is a disgrace!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 22, 2012, 10:26:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Forced out with a capital F

Finance !!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 22, 2012, 10:30:06 pm by graingrover »
It's no disgrace... because he is not obliged to leave if he does not want to go. Barnsley will probably have to cover the entirety of his wages but if they can afford him  by January then they will have to pay a transfe fee or run the risk of us either recalling him or another club buying him . Meanwhile with his wages saved we can no doubt bring in both Weaver and another . Clever stuff Rovers.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 22, 2012, 10:30:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Ready to be smashed by you lot. But copps is hugely overrated, past his best and has too many average games. He was as much part of our shocking side than others last year. Time to move on to new players, cotterill and Bennett are now better prospects.

No time for sentiment imo, squad over one player any day. But coppinger has still been a great player for us and we don't forget that.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 22, 2012, 10:31:37 pm by RoversAlias »
I like how that air of positivity has just evaporated in an instant because a group of the fans have this bizarre hang up with Barnsley, or are surprised that Coppinger is leaving when it's been clear for a while now that he was probably off.

What does it matter that he joins Barnsley anyway? Grow up, so what if they're a local team? I hate to break it to you but there aren't any teams that consider Doncaster Rovers their hated main rivals, and Barnsley are a league above us. It'd be a good move for Copps cos he doesn't have to move far if at all, and it's good for us because it allows us to bring in more players. We've won two games pretty much without him this week anyway.

To say you lose respect for him if he goes there or say you won't even go and watch Rovers because of it is childish, stupid and pathetic.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 22, 2012, 10:32:05 pm by mushRTID »
What happens if he goes on loan, we sign 2 then he gets injured?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 22, 2012, 10:36:32 pm by wilts rover »
What happens if he goes on loan, we sign 2 then he gets injured?

Dunno and dont care, that's Gavin Baldwin and JR's problem, they agree the contracts. If those two who come in keep DRFC winning, thats fine with me.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 22, 2012, 10:37:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's no disgrace... because he is not obliged to leave if he does not want to go. Barnsley will probably have to cover the entirety of his wages but if they can afford him  by January then they will have to pay a transfe fee or run the risk of us either recalling him or another club buying him . Meanwhile with his wages saved we can no doubt bring in both Weaver and another . Clever stuff Rovers.

Thank you. The voice of reason.

Come on guys, we have to accept it and crack on with rebuilding the foundations.

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 22, 2012, 10:52:49 pm by donnybez »
Hey Big badJack, are we talking about the same player? Coppinger? Played for Arsenal of the North? Now you don't like him?
Amazing. Maybe he prefers life in the upper leagues or something?

State of Barnsley? That'll be the well run small club down your road. The one that DIDNT go down.

:crying: :woohoo:

The one whose owner is in court which the verdict will affect your finances?

Oh yes....'well run' indeed.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 22, 2012, 10:59:09 pm by WhiteyBFC »
Didn't expect to be back on this particular forum for a long time.  :thumbsup:

I think James Coppinger would be useful for us. He'd be another option, until we get Matty Done, Toni Silva and Jim O'Brien back from injury.

If he impresses during his initial spell, then perhaps he'd get an extended/permanent deal. Or, maybe a 'bigger' second tier outfit would take him on. I can certainly see the logic in such a move, and going on what I've read on here today, it seems it would free up some coin for yourselves...?
Surprised O'Driscoll didn't fancy him for the scabs, though...

Anyway, nowt against you lot. At all. I hope you're successful in your attempts to get back up. Think you've got a decent chance actually. That division looks weak this season.

Good luck with David Cotterill, too. Don't worry, you'll understand why I've said that in a few weeks time...

:byebye: laters

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 22, 2012, 11:05:41 pm by afro goal machine »
how selfish james coppinger !
Why cant you up sticks and move your family as far away from doncaster to keep us happy !
Whats the problem ?
Every player we've signed has came from a yorkshire side, grow up for f**ks sake and wish the man who has gave us great performances, memories and loyalty the respect and blessing he deserves
Good luck whatever you choose to do copps

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 22, 2012, 11:05:56 pm by Katesby »
Annoys me that he's going to Barnsley of all places. Lost a bit of respect for him to be honest, great player though!

why have you lost respect for Copps for going to Barnsley.
Not happy that he is going there myself but what is he supposed to do.
Frozen out here warming the bench when he should be on the pitch and it is quite obvious that he or his wages are surplus to our requirements.

Why have I lost respect? he's going to one of our biggest rivals despite playing for us for so long. Surely he has other offers on the table?! Where in my post did I blame him for leaving? That's not the point, it's that he's joining the dingles.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 22, 2012, 11:06:29 pm by WhiteyBFC »
Hey Big badJack, are we talking about the same player? Coppinger? Played for Arsenal of the North? Now you don't like him?
Amazing. Maybe he prefers life in the upper leagues or something?

State of Barnsley? That'll be the well run small club down your road. The one that DIDNT go down.

:crying: :woohoo:

The one whose owner is in court which the verdict will affect your finances?

Oh yes....'well run' indeed.
The verdict won't affect our finances, or our club.

I won't tell you why this is. I'll leave you to find out.

Or let you try and argue with a Barnsley fan.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 22, 2012, 11:18:59 pm by Barmby Rover »
I am glad for Copps, he gets to play Championship football, which despite BFYP's opinions is where someone with his skills should be, and he doesn't have to uproot his family and can stay where he likes living. If it means we have less to pay out in wages all very good, maybe we can get a few lesser players in that will fill in for the rest of a small squad and give us a chance to last more than a few weks before falling apart with injuries and suspensions.
Sad to see you go Copps.

:(

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 22, 2012, 11:58:18 pm by RedArmy »
cant believe it. surely they hate him for terrorising there left back for the last 9 years, anywhere but there.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 23, 2012, 12:14:15 am by hoolahoop »
Struggling to see why bfyp has such an opinion of Copps ; he's usually very knowledgeable on such things...........personally I am gutted by this decision and can only see a further drop off in our gates that would have paid for Copps anyway.
It's neither smart nor decent the way this club has conducted itself in regard to Copps, the move to the Dingles aside.  :mad:

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 23, 2012, 12:48:58 am by The Beast »
He was always going to leave, with the finances been so tight we can't justify 6-7 k?? on one player, especially one with no real re-sale value.
      He's a Championship player but he doesn't want to uproot his family, where's he going to go?
L9%ds; have better options
Wendys; have an embarrassment of riches attacking wise.
Hull; have probably got other irons in the fire with Brucey at the helm.
Barnsley; Bingo
Leeds players sign for Man U, Arsenal players sign for Chelsea, Southampton players sign for Pompey and visa versa and unfortunately sometimes Rovers players sign for Barnsley, get over it!
      So thanks Copps, I've genuinely enjoyed watching you over the years. Good luck this year with your new club, I hope you get relegated but no hard feelings!
 :rtid:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 23, 2012, 01:00:33 am by RedJ »
I for one am glad it was these over Hull or Leeds.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 23, 2012, 01:09:39 am by The Beast »
I for one am glad it was these over Hull or Leeds.

Me too, Leeds anyway, at least I don't have to see 12 fingered Dingles on a daily basis, unfortunately I own a house in a village full of vile repulsive Donny Shites!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 23, 2012, 02:06:45 am by dickos1 »
This won't effect the gates.. We always knew he'd be leaving. He won't be being forced out he's said himself from day one he wants to be playing in the championship he'll be delighted with the move.
Good luck to him

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 23, 2012, 06:21:59 am by idler »
I seem to remember us signing animal from Barnsley and everybody was happy. We also signed four from Rotherham
that helped us to promotion in the sixties.
There are 92 clubs and I don't care who we buy from or sell to if it's
good business and strengthens the team. :scarf:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 23, 2012, 07:45:12 am by jonnydog »
Bloody hell, we've just 'technically' signed The Decorator from Leeds so what's the problem.

I'd much rather him go to the Dingles than anywhere, especially to Ipswich and Paul Fkin Jewell. This is football, players come and go, just get over it and move on.

Cheers for the memories Copps, and good luck.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 23, 2012, 07:58:22 am by PaulRover08 »
Ready to be smashed by you lot. But copps is hugely overrated, past his best and has too many average games. He was as much part of our shocking side than others last year. Time to move on to new players, cotterill and Bennett are now better prospects.

No time for sentiment imo, squad over one player any day. But coppinger has still been a great player for us and we don't forget that.

Got to say, I agree with this. We had this debate at the game on Tuesday night. Who would you leave out for Copps at the minute? The only player anyone came up with was M Woods but you can't play Copps as one of the 2 in a 4 man midfield. Certainly wouldn't leave either of our wingers out at the moment and the 2 up top look like scoring every time we get in the box. Not something that could be said of Copps.

Anyway, those that are disgusted by this seem to be forgetting that its only a loan move. Copps may be only even considering it because its a loan. To those that love Copps so much and are disgusted by his proposed move, imagine the dream scenario that he plays there for a year on loan, they get relegated, we go up and have him back (as he will still be ours) to go along with the 3 players we signed while they paid for him. It could happen.

mina75

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 23, 2012, 08:10:31 am by mina75 »
How can any of you lose respect for him? this guy wants to stay he has made that clear however to benefit the club he has to go whether it be on loan to Barnsley or sold elsewhere. Maybe the club and him have come to this agreement so that he still gets a testimonial hopefully when the club go up next year.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 23, 2012, 09:06:47 am by Jim Dobbin »
What a change in forum.

"He terrorised their left back for 9 years l thought they'd hate him" - Rovers have barely won a game against them over the recent seasons.
"Forced out" - The wage bill had to be cut for the club to keep surviving, Rovers can't on the 2/3 million losses each season.
"Not in our starting 11" - comical, been injured pre-season
etc etc

Looking at their sites they seem to think it won't involve a permanent deal, just cover for their 3 injured wingers. A few comments on the challenge he made at Oakwell but wasn't he the Rovers players that one of their's put into the stand bottom?

At the end of the day Rovers were preparing for life without him so l doubt it will affect this season's plan much. His wages, depending on what % Barnsley pay could bring in 2 players at this level.

2 wins on the bounce, bit of positivity.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #58 on August 23, 2012, 09:12:06 am by DRFC MYERS »
Copps was my favourite player. But we all knew that he was off and it's probably best for us as well. But at end of day if a player is going he is going doesn't matter what team Barnsley hull or forest

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 23, 2012, 09:19:49 am by sheffieldROVER »
sounds like hes already gone the way every one on here is like"  yeah good luck an all tha copps" 

it might not even happen...     on dean saunder last interview he said he want copps to stay and was looking forward to the transfer window closing for that reason!!!!!!! so why the f**k would he send him on loan to barnsley?????????? :saywhat:    what a crock of shit :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012