Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 09:51:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats from today  (Read 6841 times)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
Stats from today
« on August 25, 2012, 05:55:41 pm by mjdgreg »
Rovers first:

Goals     0     1

Possession     51%     49%

Possession at half-time     66%     34%

Attempts on goal     10     14

Also first time Crawley have won away in League 1.

Oh dear. Poor effort all round. At least we just edged possession but a woeful 2nd half and we got what we deserved. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:54:06 pm by mjdgreg »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Stats from today
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2012, 05:56:44 pm by mushRTID »
Can you not keep these all to 1 thread?  :zzz:

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2012, 05:57:31 pm by PaulRover08 »
Can you not keep these all to 1 thread?  :zzz:

Or better still just stop them altogether. Really boring.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2012, 06:12:26 pm by RedJ »
Fat lot of good having most possession did us today.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2012, 06:27:38 pm by jucyberry »
And why sound so delighted?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2012, 06:32:30 pm by mjdgreg »
And why sound so delighted?

What makes you say that? I'm devastated.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2012, 06:35:05 pm by mjdgreg »
Can you not keep these all to 1 thread?

I would do, but my first 'stats from today got locked' and my second one got threatened with being locked, so I've assumed the moderators want me to do a new one every time.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2012, 06:36:55 pm by mushRTID »
Im sure they dont.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2012, 06:40:00 pm by mjdgreg »

Given that there is a margin for error of +/- 2% then I would call 51/49 pretty even. What is disappointing is that after having virtually twice as much possession in the first half we let them do the same to us in the second half. Great half-time team talk Saunders.

Also so much time in the second half without the ball led to the fatigue I've previously mentioned resulting in the inevitable late goal due to being knackered.

Saunders said in his post-match interview 'A few of the lads looked a bit jaded.' Precisely what happens when you let the opposition dominate possession.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:56:54 pm by mjdgreg »

pubteam

« Reply #9 on August 25, 2012, 06:42:19 pm by pubteam »
Why do people insist on feeding the troll?

Don't respond to his posts and he'll soon get bored and piss off.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:44:21 pm by pubteam »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 25, 2012, 06:42:47 pm by mjdgreg »

I think you'll find you are in a very small minority. I'm sure there are hundreds of fans out there that enjoy my objective analysis. Football can be such a subjective game that fans needs the voice of reason. I am happy to fulfil that role.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2012, 06:46:47 pm by Not Now Kato »

I think you'll find you are in a very small minority. I'm sure there are hundreds of fans out there that enjoy my objective analysis. Football can be such a subjective game that fans needs the voice of reason. I am happy to fulfil that role.

You know, I think people are wrong when they say your Mad Mick......................

You're actually Walter Mitty. 

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 25, 2012, 06:51:51 pm by mjdgreg »
You know, I think people are wrong when they say your Mad Mick......................

Yet another alias. Won't be too long before everyone is confused as to my identity. I've forgotten how many times I've corrected posters but the message just doesn't seem to be getting through.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 25, 2012, 06:57:05 pm by PaulRover08 »

Given that there is a margin for error of +/- 2% then I would call 51/49 pretty even. What is disappointing is that after having virtually twice as much possession in the first half we let them do the same to us in the second half. Great half-time team talk Saunders.

Do you seriously think Saunders instructed his players to relinquish possession. Get a bloody grip.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 25, 2012, 06:57:50 pm by Not Now Kato »

Yet another alias. Won't be too long before everyone is confused as to my identity. I've forgotten how many times I've corrected posters but the message just doesn't seem to be getting through.

Bang on time to prove my point.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 25, 2012, 06:58:39 pm by Wellred »
Some posters on here never learn do they?
I bet mjdgreg is a world champion fisherman.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 25, 2012, 07:01:06 pm by mjdgreg »
Do you seriously think Saunders instructed his players to relinquish possession. Get a bloody grip.

It's the only explanation I can offer. I think he told them that his preferred style of play is to let the opposition dominate possession and for us  to then convert 2 out of 3 of the shots on target like we did in the first 2 games. He needs to be made aware that you need far more attempts on target than that to score enough goals to win.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 25, 2012, 07:02:39 pm by mjdgreg »

?

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 25, 2012, 07:05:10 pm by PaulRover08 »

Don't care if he is a wind up merchant. I come on here to have a footballing debate. Problem with that?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 25, 2012, 07:05:42 pm by Not Now Kato »

Actually, I'm a fisherman of over 50 years standing, Walter has some way to go yet.  :P

You may choose to ignore his threads, (though you don't); others prefer to have fun.  It is after all, an open forum.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 25, 2012, 07:05:59 pm by mjdgreg »

Wellsed is obviously angling for a compliment. Well done on getting my name correct.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 25, 2012, 07:08:16 pm by PaulRover08 »

It's the only explanation I can offer. I think he told them that his preferred style of play is to let the opposition dominate possession and for us  to then convert 2 out of 3 of the shots on target like we did in the first 2 games. He needs to be made aware that you need far more attempts on target than that to score enough goals to win.

Your own stats prove they didn't dominate possession. Sure, you're talking 2nd half but if that was Dean's preferred method of playing why didn't we do that from the start. Plus, pretty sure we had more then 2 or 3 shots on target on Tuesday night. I recall 2 goals, a save from Bennett and a save from Syers for a start.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 25, 2012, 07:09:07 pm by Not Now Kato »

?

Cat got your tongue?   Or haven't you looked your namesake up yet?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 25, 2012, 07:11:32 pm by mjdgreg »
Don't care if he is a wind up merchant. I come on here to have a footballing debate. Problem with that?

I can assure you that I am not a wind up merchant. The views I express are perfectly logical and reasonable and honestly held. It would be far better if the people that had a problem with my views offered up counter arguments. Usually they don't, they just hurl abuse. I can live with that for the greater good of those that want to know the facts behind what's going on.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 25, 2012, 07:15:46 pm by dickos1 »
So you've started this post to confirm you've been wrong all the time. Possession is irrelevant. We also had more corners than them today but I see you missed that stat out.
He sounds delighted because he isn't a rovers fan

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 25, 2012, 07:16:39 pm by mjdgreg »
Your own stats prove they didn't dominate possession. Sure, you're talking 2nd half but if that was Dean's preferred method of playing why didn't we do that from the start.

I think what happened was that Saunders did tell them to concede possession from the start and try to hit them on the break. However the players thought that they'd take matters into their own hands and decided to try and dominate possession as deep down inside they know this is how the game should be played. At half-time he probably gave them a right bollocking and they played according to his instructions in the second half with the inevitable outcome.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 25, 2012, 07:19:43 pm by PaulRover08 »

I can assure you that I am not a wind up merchant. The views I express are perfectly logical and reasonable and honestly held. It would be far better if the people that had a problem with my views offered up counter arguments. Usually they don't, they just hurl abuse. I can live with that for the greater good of those that want to know the facts behind what's going on.

I can live with that but you do seem to have an agenda to your views though. That's the problem. If you were honestly critiquing each match based on being there and having stats to hand then fine, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For example, surrendering possession is a legitimate tactic and shouldn't be seen as a negative necessarily. We let Wallsall have the ball where they couldn't hurt us and that will have skewed the stat. The same today to an extent in the second half though nowhere near as comfortable. The goal itself had nothing to do with possession play. Tommy Spurr played an awful pass out of defence and they scored within 2 passes of that.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 25, 2012, 07:20:38 pm by PaulRover08 »
Your own stats prove they didn't dominate possession. Sure, you're talking 2nd half but if that was Dean's preferred method of playing why didn't we do that from the start.

I think what happened was that Saunders did tell them to concede possession from the start and try to hit them on the break. However the players thought that they'd take matters into their own hands and decided to try and dominate possession as deep down inside they know this is how the game should be played. At half-time he probably gave them a right bollocking and they played according to his instructions in the second half with the inevitable outcome.

Now that is why you get all the what you call abuse. That is a ridiculous comment and smacks of agenda.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 25, 2012, 07:21:01 pm by mjdgreg »
So you've started this post to confirm you've been wrong all the time. Possession is irrelevant. We also had more corners than them today but I see you missed that stat out.
He sounds delighted because he isn't a rovers fan

Just to clarify. I think we should be trying to dominate possession and have more attempts on goal than the opposition. 51/49% split in possession is piss poor to say we were the home side and had dominated up until half-time. We had less attempts on goal today.

I ignore the corner stats because very few goals statistically are ever scored from corners. Next you'll be wanting me to say how many throw-ins there were.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 25, 2012, 07:23:21 pm by dickos1 »
You only ignore them when we have more..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012