Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 08:01:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Capital One Cup Third Round ticket idea  (Read 2539 times)

donnybez

• Forum Member
Capital One Cup Third Round ticket idea
« on August 29, 2012, 03:08:49 pm by donnybez »
After going to last nights game and thinking about how many fans would potentially turn up to a bigger cup game, it struck me at how to improve future cup attendances slightly :

When people see the draw and its a big team there bound to go but why not reward those fans who've been previous, so say if you bought a ticket for Hull game and next games Manchester United at home, why don't we do it so ST holders and fans who have a ticket from the last round go first and therefore get rewarded for coming previously? Then the stay away fans who look at the draw and stick their noses up might think otherwise and see the potential next round deal and don't risk missing out?

Only a thought

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Capital One Cup Third Round ticket idea
« Reply #1 on August 29, 2012, 03:11:00 pm by DonnyNoel »
Did we do something similar with the Arsenal game? You could only buy a ticket for that game when purchasing a ticket for the league game due to be played a couple of games before?

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 29, 2012, 03:16:13 pm by Woodhead Passer »
I can remember a few seasons ago, Preston drew Liverpool in the cup at home, and we played them at their place a week earlier I think, and they had an offer on that if they went to the Rovers game, they would get a reward (think it may have been a discount) for the Liverpool game. This was a great idea as there was a good attendance for our game. Wondered if we could do something similar?

Probably get a crap draw anyway :lol:

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 29, 2012, 03:28:43 pm by uptonson »
ST holders will get theirs first anyway, like they do for any game.  See the idea behind those who went last night, but how many kept there stubs.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 29, 2012, 06:29:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I didn't go last night but I think it would be nice if the club could 'reward' those who did go last night, whether in the form of a priority for tickets or a discount off the ticket.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 29, 2012, 08:26:31 pm by bobjimwilly »
I know clubs such as Barnsley have done this quite a lot in the past. If we got a big club in the next round, they could, for example, say people would get priority if they kept their ticket from the Oldham game?

Saying that, not sure if that would be leaving it too late...  :huh:

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 29, 2012, 11:20:30 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Should do season ticket holders, fans who attended hull game then york game then general sale

Id be down as york as didnt go last night

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 30, 2012, 05:10:26 am by dickos1 »
Would we sell out though? Whoever were playing?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 30, 2012, 11:44:25 am by Mr1Croft »
Southampton did it similar for the League game last season, they could only buy the Pompey tickets with a Doncaster Rovers stub.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 30, 2012, 12:03:16 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
It would make sense to do what we've done previous, non season ticket holders have to buy another home ticket with the cup ticket. Then all the people who just want to see a big team come to town will then have to go to another game and the rovers get more cash.

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 30, 2012, 12:06:06 pm by DC- »
Not really fair on fans that can't get to games due to work though, is it. I suppose the only fair way is the England system. You get points on a database based on games you've attended; I think the idea is that the "worse" the game, the more points you get (but I'm probably wrong). High point members get the first choice of tickets and so on. I know we have a similar system with the Season Ticket holders having first choice.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 30, 2012, 01:29:03 pm by bobjimwilly »
I know what you mean DC about people being at work, but that isn't the fault of the fans who do attend all the games is it? The idea isn't that you're punishing those who simply couldn't make it because of "valid" reasons, but rewarding those that did come.

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 30, 2012, 06:41:48 pm by phllvslc »
Did we do something similar with the Arsenal game? You could only buy a ticket for that game when purchasing a ticket for the league game due to be played a couple of games before?

Yeah, you had to buy a ticket to the game beforehand against Swansea at the same time.  About 3,000 of the Arsenal crowd didn't turn up for the Swansea game.

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 30, 2012, 10:13:32 pm by donnybez »
But DC, why should mr and mrs bloggs who were working during Hull game but can find the time to reach say home to Arsenal get a ticket ahead of mr and mrs smith who found the time and money to turn up to the less glamour filled games?

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 02, 2012, 09:21:19 pm by DC- »
All I'm saying is, some people can't help their work commitments. Money doesn't grow on trees. I for one would love to be at more games.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 02, 2012, 09:22:16 pm by RedJ »
Maybe a ticket stub from any game within a certain time frame would do?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 02, 2012, 09:47:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
All I'm saying is, some people can't help their work commitments. Money doesn't grow on trees. I for one would love to be at more games.

I am fortunate enough to be able to go to all games but if the home games are owt like the Crawley match then you should be considered the fortunate one pal.

redrover10

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 02, 2012, 10:36:00 pm by redrover10 »
I Carnt really see us taking alot to Norwich so no need this season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012