Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 08:18:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: love it, I'd love it  (Read 7238 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: love it, I'd love it
« Reply #30 on September 01, 2012, 09:05:49 am by andysly »
Forest - horrible club, arrogant horrible fans, pity SoD chose to firstly manage them and secondly turn them into DRFC of Nottingham. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 01, 2012, 10:22:39 am by Sprotyrover »
reminds me of Laurie Mcmenemy or however you spell it,
coaches do tend to go scale and do need to move on after a time.
however I do forsee that our board will be getting a very rough ride if Forest achieve promotion with our exmanager and a team which includes a core of our former better players.

they will be sat in the board room like three laterday miss Havershams dreaming of what could have been done with a little bit of captial. :cool:

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 01, 2012, 11:12:37 am by Al4475 »
WELLRED:
All this kissing the badge crap and the rest of it is just rubbish. They all love the club etc etc until the next best offer comes along.

And no I don't blame them either.The only people loyal to any club are the fans.

I agree completely - especially the very last sentence. The FANS ARE THE CLUBS, everyone and everything else are merely the tools for the clubs to survive FOR THE FANS.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 01, 2012, 11:22:57 am by FuzzyDuck »
All the hatred is very sad.  Nottingham is a town of scabs due to events that occurred 25 years ago.  I suppose that makes Germany a country of Nazis die to the events of 70 years ago?

It's history with little and ever less to do with those around today.

Why the assumption that SOD has behaved badly towards the Rovers re Copps?  Could it not have been that he and Forest were only prepared to offer Copps a loan and so waited to see if he got a permanent deal?  In other words he was considering the player?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 01, 2012, 11:25:42 am by Wellred »
and maybe the moon really is made of green cheese.  :headbang: :headbang:

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 01, 2012, 11:33:27 am by dumbroofer »
and maybe the moon really is made of green cheese.  :headbang: :headbang:
please dont tell me it aint,next you will be saying there is no santa or easter bunny ....

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 01, 2012, 11:42:24 am by Wellred »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news  :crying: :crying:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 01, 2012, 11:47:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
All the hatred is very sad.  Nottingham is a town of scabs due to events that occurred 25 years ago.  I suppose that makes Germany a country of Nazis die to the events of 70 years ago?

We've been through this on this site a dozen times.

Germany apologised for their sins, prostrated themselves in the court of world opinion and started acting like civilized people.

We're still waiting for Maggie's Bitches to do the same.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 01, 2012, 11:48:09 am by Norfolk N Chance »
If Forest get promotion this year... Nottingham Rovers.  Now my second team , first result to look out for

Hope they lose every game .

Not bitter of course

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 01, 2012, 12:02:45 pm by Sprotyrover »

We've been through this on this site a dozen times.

Germany apologised for their sins, prostrated themselves in the court of world opinion and started acting like civilized people.

We're still waiting for Maggie's Bitches to do the same.

I don't think Nottingham Forest had anything to do with the systematic
destruction of heavy industry in South Yorkshire or in the subsequent puishment of the South Yorkshire Coalmining communities by taking away their livelyhood and not replacing it with anything comparable.

You would do much better if you directed your vitriol towards the real culprits, Thatcher her lacky's and that tosspot Scargill.

If I had my way I would string em up on the same Gibbett

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 01, 2012, 12:04:24 pm by Alickismyhero »
Wellred,
I totally agree with you on the crap about kissing the badge, I used to support the club as a kid, ect,ect.
A player/manager is only loyal to a club as long as they are paying their wages in my opinion, its a mercenaries game.

When it comes to Sean Its a side of the man I have never seen  "getting even" He is a very bitter man and I see his actions as taking a swipe at Deano  for all his derogatory comments made last season. I predicted, on another forum that Copps would go to Forest and I wasn't surprised in the manner it happened. Someone earlier said that he has spent a fortune well his last 3 signings are freebies and I agree if they are not in the play off's then yes he will be looking for a new job that's how football works.

I wish the old boys well and thanks for the memories it was a special period in our history but we have a team capable of getting back in the Championship so lets move on and show respect.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 01, 2012, 12:15:31 pm by IDM »
And just how many of the 20,000+ fans that go to Forest on a good day were actually amongst those miners who "broke" the strike of 28 years ago?  A couple of hundred, maximum, if that.  I know the deep emotions about the strike, and believe me I supported the Yorkshire miners regardless of the politics.

So to taint everything associated with Forest (and Notts County) as "scabs" is inappropriate, don't you think?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 01, 2012, 12:27:47 pm by Alickismyhero »
I never saw many of our supporters  angry about a certain solicitor on our board. Just to remind you he managed to get himself thrown out of the legal profession for his treatment of miners compensation claims. Where were these supporters, with strong principles, when he was on our board and putting dirty money in to the club?
Or is it OK because he was putting money in to the club?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 01, 2012, 12:42:01 pm by Filo »

He is a very bitter man

What`s he got to be bitter about? without DRFC, he would n`t be where he is today, JR took a chance on him, it worked, he eventually got the boot, like 99% of managers of football clubs, he`ll eventually get the boot from Forest, will he hold a grudge about that as well?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 01, 2012, 01:15:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Does everyone seriously think the scabs think is real vitriol?   At a football club who had nothing to do with the miners strike?

Jeez

It's football. It's tribal. It's called getting under your opponents skin,  by any and all means necessary.  It's about puffing your chest out and declaring your club is better than all the rest. It's symbolic. It's not literal.

I'm going to have a lie down now.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on September 01, 2012, 01:24:43 pm by IDM »
Does everyone seriously think the scabs think is real vitriol? 

Rob, having witnessed these chants at Forest then I would certainly say they were delivered with real venom and vitriol, far far removed from the "banter" we see such as goading Welsh clubs as "sheep sh***ers" etc.  I don't have a problem with the tribalism as such, but the "scab" stuff comes over as downright nasty.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 01, 2012, 01:33:05 pm by philsky »
WELLRED:
All this kissing the badge crap and the rest of it is just rubbish. They all love the club etc etc until the next best offer comes along.

And no I don't blame them either.The only people loyal to any club are the fans.

I agree completely - especially the very last sentence. The FANS ARE THE CLUBS, everyone and everything else are merely the tools for the clubs to survive FOR THE FANS.

The fans bit is so true.

I was born a fan and to a great extent so was my son.

However, Andy's head turned towards Everton and Liverpool when he was a nipper - too much grief for him in a North London school I think.

Anyway, once his head cleared and he matured a tad, he decided to 'feck them' and return to the promised land.

Poor lad's got several decades of pain ahead of him.

Its fascinating that once you take a team you stick for life; generally.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 01, 2012, 01:41:01 pm by Alickismyhero »
Filo,
As you say being sacked in football is almost inevitable and its not that what he found upsetting.
1. It was the manner the sacking took place.
2. JR's account of the meeting I don't think ties up with Sean's league managers statement.
3. Derogatory remarks by Deano directed at Sean. I am pleased to say Deano has now stopped and accepted that he was part of the problem leading to relegation.
4. Sean and the club had a very good reputation throughout football but we later became the laughing stock with the failed new regime but Donny was placing the blame firmly at Sean's door.

That's why I think Sean is a very bitter man who has something to prove.

Yes, he will get the sack if he fails to get promotion but if its done respectfully he is mature enough to accept that's the way of football. Sean espouses loyalty just look how keen his old boys are to get back under his management, he put his heart and soul in to Donny and he deserved better.

As I said in my post we have to move on. We have a team capable of getting us back to the Championship but I will, like others, be following Forest results.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 01, 2012, 01:53:03 pm by Filo »
Sean espouses loyalty

Aye he was immensely loyal to the Striker whose goals ensured our tenure in the Championship was n`t short lived, he only played him when we looked dead certs for relegation, the following season he snubbed him again!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on September 01, 2012, 02:01:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
. Derogatory remarks by Deano directed at Sean. I am pleased to say Deano has now stopped and accepted that he was part of the problem leading to relegation.

A bit sensitive there if you don't mind me saying. Firstly, I don't recall any particularly offensive remarks by Saunders. Secondly most football managers engage in expectation management when they come in. What do you expect them to say? "Everything is A1, the previous manager left me a belting squad and I want sacking if we don't win the Premier League within 6 months"?

O'Driscoll himself of course spent every opportunity in his first 12 months describing how he had to do a root and branch change of the "culture" at the club. If THAT wasn't a derogatory barb at the bloke who had won us two consecutive promotions, established us as a top 10 L1 club for the first time in half a century and taken us to 30 seconds from a national cup semi, I'm not sure what WOULD be.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 01, 2012, 02:16:42 pm by Alickismyhero »
Filo and Billy
Obviously I can't justify everything Sean did but when it comes to picking players it is very subjective. Picking players because you only liked them would be very short sighted and a sure way to get the sack. Sean's track record on treating players with respect is unquestioned.
Whenever there is a change of manager they bring in their own back room staff and change things the way they want them. I don't recall Sean making any bad comments about DP other than he was going to change things. When Sean came, I too said Sean who?, and could't see why DP was replaced, but I did later.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 01, 2012, 02:20:04 pm by nice one rovers »
Not ashamed to say I started looking out for forests results when Sean went there and now I'll be looking to see how Billy and Copps are doing. Probably the best manager we've ever had and now 2 of our best players of recent times all at the same club, people may have known them personally or just have huge respect for what they did for Doncaster Rovers, no shame in wishing them success.

I think we're all interested in how Sean will perform there, but I'm sad if our fans are calling them their "second team" .Speaking as someone who lived on fresh air , charity, and tinned Russian chicken bone soup for 366 days, I don't wish them f***ing good luck.

To the Original Poster, NO EYED DEER, says all it needs to really.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 01, 2012, 02:21:05 pm by Filo »
I don't recall Sean making any bad comments about DP other than he was going to change things.

By the same token, I don`t recall Saunders saying any bad things about SOD other than things had to change due to the losing mentality

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 01, 2012, 02:30:30 pm by Alickismyhero »

Filo,
I think we will have to agree to disagree on that point

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on September 01, 2012, 02:32:28 pm by Filo »

Filo,
I think we will have to agree to disagree on that point

Fair enough, but if you can show me where Saunders has been derogatory about him, then I`ll stand corrected

P.s. I understand that you`re very friendly with SOD, but I think your friendship is clouding your judgement a little

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 01, 2012, 02:34:57 pm by Alickismyhero »
I am just watching the West Ham game and thinking back to when we played them at their place. We should have beaten them easily in the 2 half. Look where they are now! funny old game football.

Filo I will send you a PM.

rabjohns

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on September 01, 2012, 10:05:42 pm by rabjohns »
Gillet MOM today.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 01, 2012, 10:22:15 pm by streatham dave »
To all those that say the Scab thing is inappropriate I put this to you. I have watched Donny at both Forest and County. When we played Forest they started to sing on mass "What's it like to have a job " and "we took  your jobs from you" . I'm not saying it was all but it was (or at least sounded) like a sizeable majority. I do not recall anything like that on my visit to County.

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 01, 2012, 10:59:19 pm by Mr Brightside »
I like their manager and I have an awful lot of respect for three of our ex-players, especially Coppinger. That's enough for me to hope they succeed.
Seconded

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 02, 2012, 05:35:22 am by andysly »
To all those that say the Scab thing is inappropriate I put this to you. I have watched Donny at both Forest and County. When we played Forest they started to sing on mass "What's it like to have a job " and "we took  your jobs from you" . I'm not saying it was all but it was (or at least sounded) like a sizeable majority. I do not recall anything like that on my visit to County.

Agree with that, and it's Forest not County who get the scab chants, Mansfield used to get it as well but that was a few years ago now and more relevant because of that.
Forest - horrible club, horrible arrogant fans, nothing to do with the stirke, in my view they are as bad as Leeds.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012