Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:29:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Oldham game postponed Apparently  (Read 5499 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Oldham game postponed Apparently
« Reply #30 on September 02, 2012, 02:34:10 pm by Dagenham Rover »
and they had a player sent off  yesterday, while probably within the rules they have certainly "flexed them"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 02, 2012, 10:00:57 pm by andysly »
First available Tuesday night is 9th October, which if chosen gives us 3 home games in a week.......

That's JPT second round week.

Didn't realise that. Next one available is 16th then.
So potentially
2nd Home v Preston
6th Home v Shrewsbury
9th Home in JPT ?
13th Away v Hartlepool
16th Home v Oldham
20th Home v Brentford

with
23rd Away v Tranmere
27th Away v Notts Co

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 02, 2012, 10:57:54 pm by Mr1Croft »
Another way of looking at it is that the next 3 games are:

Colchester (A)

Sheffield United (A)

Stevenage (H)

Still doesn't look any better and it means we are playing catch up (again) with the games in hand...

DancasterRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 02, 2012, 11:24:45 pm by DancasterRovers »
I understand it's under different cirumstances, but it really winds me up that this has happend , yet we had 14 injuries for a midweek game (that would be replayed during midweek so no revenue would have been lost) yet the opposite has happended here.. Due to the difference in attendances in weekend and midweek games, this really p*sses me off  :saywhat:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 03, 2012, 10:06:02 am by The Red Baron »
I understand it's under different cirumstances, but it really winds me up that this has happend , yet we had 14 injuries for a midweek game (that would be replayed during midweek so no revenue would have been lost) yet the opposite has happended here.. Due to the difference in attendances in weekend and midweek games, this really p*sses me off  :saywhat:

I didn't agree with us asking for the game at Norwich to be called off. If necesary, we should have fulfilled the fixture with youth players. That's life. However, the same should apply to Oldham. Having three players called up for internationals is no different to an injury crisis or a virus going through the squad.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 03, 2012, 10:40:42 am by DonnyNoel »
Whilst I'm annoyed about this both due to the fixture congestion it may cause in October and the fact it gives me an unwanted free Saturday, part of me wonders if we won't be a better team by the time the rearranged game comes around due - new faces gelling etc.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 03, 2012, 01:26:11 pm by The Red Baron »
Whilst I'm annoyed about this both due to the fixture congestion it may cause in October and the fact it gives me an unwanted free Saturday, part of me wonders if we won't be a better team by the time the rearranged game comes around due - new faces gelling etc.

I think there's something in that. By the time we play again a few of the players could be fitter (eg Harper, Blake, Hume) and we may have brought in a couple more bodies (loans or out of contract). Still very frustrating to have a blank weekend followed up by two away games and no home match for the best part of four weeks.

Also as an exile midweek games are harder to get to than Saturday ones.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 03, 2012, 05:35:31 pm by Filo »

I think there's something in that. By the time we play again a few of the players could be fitter (eg Harper, Blake, Hume) and we may have brought in a couple more bodies (loans or out of contract). Still very frustrating to have a blank weekend followed up by two away games and no home match for the best part of four weeks.

Also as an exile midweek games are harder to get to than Saturday ones.

Give over RB, since when has the the football world etc. ever given consideration to the fans?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 04, 2012, 01:55:45 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I'd take five points now out of the three mentioned by Crofty :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012