Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 08:26:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Verdict  (Read 2555 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Verdict
« on September 01, 2012, 05:37:55 pm by dickos1 »
My first game today due to my honeymoon,
First half was disappointing, we did lump it quite a bit, seemed very defensive, but I can accept that away from home.
Started the 2nd half poorly, bad goal to give away. All the blame should be aimed at Bennett dreadful error.
Brought harper and Hume on, changed the game harper controlled midfield and hume was far more effective than bennett.
Camped in their half from then on, played a lot of football contrary to comments on here, too much at times. We will finish above them in the table, we looked good for last half an hour.

Woods- good game, couldn't be faulted for goals looked safe with crosses and made a couple of good saves.

Back 4- very impressed with Quinn and jones we looked a lot more solid than the last few years. Spurr had a poor game though with the ball.

Woods- shocking absolutely shocking, have the ball away countless times constantly hiding and not wanting the ball.

Syers- very quiet better than woods more energy and gets stuck in.

Bennett - a disgrace. Looked like he now thinks he's too good for us, didn't do a thing positive.

Cotterill - impressed. Our best attacking player by a long way. Much better than I expected.

Brown- very poor, pushed off the ball by Webster on numerous occasions. Didnt look fit.

Paynter - slightly better than brown, will come good and score goals.

Subs.
Hume n harper changed the pattern of the game definitely need to start with harper at Colchester far far better than woods.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Verdict
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2012, 05:44:21 pm by sha66y »
                                         Hume /  Paynter

Bennett                                       Syers                                         Cotterill

Harper

Spurr                           Jones                             big bloke                             Quinn

Woods (not Martin)

now that does look balanced,

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2012, 05:49:50 pm by Chris »
I'd go with three in the centre of midfield. Woods, Syers and Harper.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2012, 05:51:24 pm by sha66y »
woods the keeper??

not sure that would work, unless we threw Sulli back in goal!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2012, 07:04:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
When we play again in two weeks we may have Stocks replacement that Dean has been scouring the country for. Therefore if he wants to play three in centre midfield he could, without M Woods. He may need to look at that especially away from home. But we must get the right balance to get goals and be more fluid. We have 6 points from 4 games. Now the pressure comes on his team, we cannot spiral into a number of defeats otherwise the confidence will go again.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2012, 07:36:16 pm by dickos1 »
If we force ourselves onto sides like we did today in the final half hour there won't be many sides that will beat us.
Have to say it was very noticeable that the standard in this league is a mile away from what were used to. Both sides contributed to that.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2012, 07:41:47 pm by Red wizard »
We just need to win at home and win the shit teams away and we won't be far off the play-offs imo. No need to panic Harper will soon be in with Keegan and Syers in a 4-3-3. That the way forward imo.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2012, 08:12:43 pm by grayx »
My main concern is that we haven't played any of the "strong teams" yet.
Sheff U will be a real test & will give us a proper indication of where we are in this league. I'm sure  we need to have added to our squad before then, or it could be embarrassing.
Really concerned about Woods being so ineffective in his current midfield role, serious reservations about our keeper & not yet convinced by our strikers.  Early days but pretty obvious we need to strengthen.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2012, 08:25:03 pm by Barmby Rover »
My main concern is that we haven't played any of the "strong teams" yet.
Sheff U will be a real test & will give us a proper indication of where we are in this league. I'm sure  we need to have added to our squad before then, or it could be embarrassing.
Really concerned about Woods being so ineffective in his current midfield role, serious reservations about our keeper & not yet convinced by our strikers.  Early days but pretty obvious we need to strengthen.

Loans are a possibility, strengthening would cost too much though so it is doubtful that we will get more than a couple. Pointless getting midfielders, or blaming them when they arte not being used properly. If their only job is to pump the ball forward they can hardly play to their strengths. Tactics need seriously looking at, unless of course we have no other ideas....

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 01, 2012, 08:37:03 pm by dickos1 »
The main problem today was too much padding about in midfield and going backwards. So don't understand the point you keep making about hoof ball. We should have got it forward quicker today rather than padding sidewards and backwards.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 01, 2012, 08:38:07 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
we will lose alot more all about stability this year.

Forget promotion it wont happen!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2012, 08:56:30 pm by grayx »
we will lose alot more all about stability this year.

Forget promotion it wont happen!

Realistic assessment, wont fill the ground though.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2012, 10:39:21 pm by streatham dave »
Mostly agree although I thought we were better first half than 2nd. My verdict posted on thread someone put about on way home if you fancy a look. maybe threads could be merged if this is possible.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 01, 2012, 11:29:51 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
My opinion on the game,from listening to it on Radio Sheffield,it seemed a poor game,with Yeovil edging it first half,and being quite comfortably on top in the second,it sounded like we were always susceptible on the break,Dean seemed to go in to the game with a positive attacking line-up two wingers,and really two attacking central midfielder's,the players just didn't seem to do enough to get a result,according to the commentator's Kyle Bennett did nothing but moan about the service he was getting,which you could look at two ways he's either getting too big for his boots,or he's just frustrated because he wants to win,i prefer the latter.
Let's not be too negative on this result,we've got a very poor record at Yeovil whoever we've had in charge,and they are a decent team,just below mid table type of team for me,one positive is,Billy Paynter has hit ''The Barn door'',i think he went too attacking for an away game,we needed to go in a bit more solid,i would have started with Harper holding with Syers supporting the front players,or even three in central midfield with one up front,though by the sound of the game too many players were just simply off-form,so it might not have made a difference,i just think away from home while the team gets used to each other,start off with a solid base. :scarf:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 02, 2012, 12:11:17 am by Donnywolf »
Luckily Paynter did hit the barn door but from 2 yards out he managed to hit the roof of the net but at least he was in there (and hungry) even after 92 minutes

No matter - I am not having a go at him. I am glad he has scored as he has deserved something before now and probably will score lots more in the future. Hope so

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 02, 2012, 12:22:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Agree there Wolfie,strikers need goals for the confidence the more players that weigh in,the less pressure on Browny,touching wood,with all the games up to now,under Sean half the team would probably be injured now,i think Dean has used what he's got squad wise fairly good,i think we've got a few players that teams in this league won't like playing against,Hume will be a good signing for us,Harper as well add a few more to bulk the squad up and we will start to look very strong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012