Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 08:27:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats from today  (Read 2244 times)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
Stats from today
« on September 01, 2012, 06:18:21 pm by mjdgreg »
Rovers first:

Score              1          2
Possession     45%     55%
Attempts        7          12
Corners          4          4

Enough said.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
Re: Stats from today
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2012, 06:22:34 pm by PaulRover08 »
I was there and we had miles more than 4 corners. Your stats are wrong. Enough said

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2012, 06:26:07 pm by dickos1 »
Woods made 2 saves and we did have more than 4 corners,

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2012, 06:30:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
But Mick

On 85 minutes, the Sporting Life and BBC websites (which both use the same PA data) said that possession was 57-43 in our favour. At the end of the match, both said that the possession stats were 45-55 to Yeovil.

You've told me several times Mick, that your maths is better than mine, but even a dullard like me can work out (once you take 2 minutes injury time in the first half and 4 in the second half into account) that we must have had minus 71% of possession for the last 5 minutes of normal time and the 4 minutes of injury time.

Did well to score during that period then, didn't we?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2012, 07:02:07 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Portsmouth v Oldham stats make interesting reading

Portsmouth first just to save you the trouble of looking it up

possession  63%    37%

shots          13        11
on target      6           1
corners          4           4
 fouls             16        23

Final Score         go on look it up  :woot:

and I don't care whether its a one off or whatever it goes to show

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2012, 07:13:29 pm by mjdgreg »
Look, I wasn't there. If you think I'm travelling to Yeovil to watch that rubbish you're very mistaken. So we'll just have to rely on the reputable source for stats which is the BBC. OK they may have got the corners wrong, big deal. I'm only putting them up to keep Dickos happy. I do refuse however to put the throw-ins up for him as well.

One game on its own doesn't mean a lot. But the trend (which is the important thing) worryingly shows that Saunders has not taken my advice and we are consistently losing out in the possession stakes and on the attempts on goals. This will mean only one thing. A plunge down the table.

I am prepared to withhold my final judgement until 10 games have passed being the reasonable soul that I am. All I would ask is that Saunders reads my previous 'Stats for today' threads  so he can see he has got it badly wrong so far.   

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2012, 07:19:00 pm by MrFrost »
Look, I wasn't there. If you think I'm travelling to Yeovil to watch that rubbish you're very mistaken. So we'll just have to rely on the reputable source for stats which is the BBC. OK they may have got the corners wrong, big deal. I'm only putting them up to keep Dickos happy. I do refuse however to put the throw-ins up for him as well.

One game on its own doesn't mean a lot. But the trend (which is the important thing) worryingly shows that Saunders has not taken my advice and we are consistently losing out in the possession stakes and on the attempts on goals. This will mean only one thing. A plunge down the table.

I am prepared to withhold my final judgement until 10 games have passed being the reasonable soul that I am. All I would ask is that Saunders reads my previous 'Stats for today' threads  so he can see he has got it badly wrong so far.   

So, even before the game, you assumed it would be rubbish, and thus didn't go?

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2012, 07:32:04 pm by PaulRover08 »
In addition to the corners, again from being there, I can tell you we had miles more of the ball than they did. That was part of the problem, too much meaningless possession between our back four and M. Woods. I wish you'd said you got your stats from the BBC. They are nailed on wrong every week rendering your points even more ludicrously invalid.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2012, 07:39:47 pm by mjdgreg »
In addition to the corners, again from being there, I can tell you we had miles more of the ball than they did. That was part of the problem, too much meaningless possession between our back four and M. Woods. I wish you'd said you got your stats from the BBC. They are nailed on wrong every week rendering your points even more ludicrously invalid.

Whenever I've done my stats myself I've always found that they closely match the BBC's. End of argument. You obviously watch matches subjectively whereas I am always objective. It is even more of a damning inditement that of our 45 % possession, a lot of it was in the back four and goalie and not used to build from the back.

Watch the games more closely and you will realise that our back four have clearly been given the instruction to just boot it up-field where 60% of the time the opposition regain possession. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 01, 2012, 07:40:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
But Mick

We had 57% of possession for the first 87 minutes and were 2-0 down. Then we had -71% of possession for the last 9 minutes, while Yeovil had 171% possession and won that period 1-0.

What do you make of that?

I tell you what I make of it. I make of it that the possession stats for lower league matches are little more than a wild guess, made by someone who has to write text commentary, keep tabs on bookings, fouls, corners, shots etc and has little time to do anything than make a stab in the dark at what the possession figures are.

That's how they come up with impossible nonsense like the figures they did today for the possession change in the last 9 minutes.

But you know better than I do about so many things, so I'm sure you have a really well considered case for why you insist on boring the f**king pants off everyone, every week with this obsessive, infantile, purile bullshit.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 01, 2012, 07:41:14 pm by wilts rover »

You obviously weren't there as the possession stats at half-time would have been something like 60 - 40 in our favour, with most of that being across the backline before a hoof up to Brown, It was like watching a bad O'Driscoll team - possession for the sake of it with no end product - which yes appears to be exactly what you are advocating.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2012, 07:47:00 pm by PaulRover08 »

Whenever I've done my stats myself I've always found that they closely match the BBC's. End of argument. You obviously watch matches subjectively whereas I am always objective. It is even more of a damning inditement that of our 45 % possession, a lot of it was in the back four and goalie and not used to build from the back.

Watch the games more closely and you will realise that our back four have clearly been given the instruction to just boot it up-field where 60% of the time the opposition regain possession. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

You can't even read though. My post says M. Woods. He's a midfielder not a keeper. The defence were giving him the ball, thus doing what you crave and claim Saunders is against. Trust me, your stats are incorrect on this and probably previous occasions.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2012, 07:54:48 pm by MrFrost »
But Mick

We had 57% of possession for the first 87 minutes and were 2-0 down. Then we had -71% of possession for the last 9 minutes, while Yeovil had 171% possession and won that period 1-0.

What do you make of that?

I tell you what I make of it. I make of it that the possession stats for lower league matches are little more than a wild guess, made by someone who has to write text commentary, keep tabs on bookings, fouls, corners, shots etc and has little time to do anything than make a stab in the dark at what the possession figures are.

That's how they come up with impossible nonsense like the figures they did today for the possession change in the last 9 minutes.

But you know better than I do about so many things, so I'm sure you have a really well considered case for why you insist on boring the f***ing pants off everyone, every week with this obsessive, infantile, purile bullshit.

Amen.
He is nothing but a WUM.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 01, 2012, 08:54:29 pm by Donnylass »
So we'll just have to rely on the reputable source for stats which is the BBC.

Yes, because the BBC are so reliable that they actually have it that we have a squad of 42, two of them being Oster and Beye. WM is still going to try and keep us in the Championship and BS is not even our player. Glad that their facts are so reputable.  :suicide:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 01, 2012, 10:00:05 pm by silent majority »
I make absolutely no apologies for locking this infantile rubbish!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 02, 2012, 01:00:20 am by RobTheRover »
And,  can I add,  I want this to be the last of Madgregs after-match stats.

This is just a waste of everyone's time now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012