Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:58:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: On the way home  (Read 4231 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
On the way home
« on September 01, 2012, 08:53:41 pm by Donnybax »
Very bored on the way home so thought of give my verdict. We were bad today in all areas attacking never really looked a threat and I recall only 2 shots on target one last kick of the game for our goal.
G. Woods 7 was good and solid
Quinn 5 very shakey and really has no clue how to attack
Mccombe 6 was decent but awful with ball at feet
Jones 8 motm no surprise that as soon as he went upfront we conceded was very strong today
Spurr 5 probably his worst game for us
Cotterill 3 absolutely terrible never a threat didn't do anything other than give it away
Syers 5 non existent in the game
M. Woods 4 made a few decent tackles but have the ball away all the time and was only passing sidewards
Bennett 5 also did nothing with the ball and too predictable with his cut back
Brown 5 had the touch of an elephant
Paynter 6 worked hard and had no service at all
But it is going to take time for this team to gel and web they do hopefully we can put a run together do althought we offered no threat going forward at all it's not all doom and gloom

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovin Reporter

Re: On the way home
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2012, 08:56:59 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Very much how it sounded on the commentary . maybe a 2 week break can only help focus minds on their job .

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2012, 09:04:52 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Not happy with Saunders why didnt he keep same team as Tues. We were shit against Crawley.
Husband not starting ridicious

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2012, 09:05:32 pm by grayx »
Very much how it sounded on the commentary . maybe a 2 week break can only help focus minds on their job .
[/quote

And strengthen hopefully, with the funds now available.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2012, 09:15:17 pm by RedJ »
Not happy with Saunders why didnt he keep same team as Tues. We were shit against Crawley.
Husband not starting ridicious

well Copps was gone and Harper may not be fit..

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2012, 09:23:15 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Hes been here how many weeks ? How long we got to wait ?

I dont get how these players aren't fit, aren't they supposed to keep themselves in shape during when they are out of contract/not training ??

To give themselves more chance of surviving a certain period during matchday

Professional footballers.. spoon fed too much

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2012, 09:27:26 pm by RedJ »
being fit and being match fit aren't exactly the same though are they now

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2012, 09:53:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Some I agree with but cotterill again was very good and twice denied goals by blocks on the line.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2012, 10:06:12 pm by streatham dave »
Just back home from my first game this season.. I thought we played well first half and although not finishing anything looked like the most likely team to score. 1st half none of the Yeovil players stood out except right back Jamie Ayling who was good. 2nd half Yeovil came out a different side as they had obviously had a rocket from manager at half time. Gary Johnson's teams are always a sum better than it's parts and 2nd half this was the case. Average players who were determined. They did not look as though they could hit a cows backside with a banjo until they scored. Hayter took his goal well. Byron Webster was given the official man of the match. He looks much more commanding than his time at Rovers as was clearly the leader of the defence second half in both display and being vocal. 2nd goal looked poor and I look forward to seeing it again. Striker who scored was sub for Hayter and he looked like Bambi on ice before and after the goal. Paynters goal was well worked but too little too late.

G woods played reasonably well although distribution still needs work
Quinn OK 1st half
Jones good 1st half
Spurr reasonable 1st half
McCombe poor game anonymous the entire game. looked like we were playing three at the back for large chunks of the first half but not sure this was intentional.
Bennett had no impact against Ayling who had an easy day.
M Woods poor game. Is never in a million years a central midfielder in this division. He is a right mid.
Cotterill and Syers both OK but nothing more than this. Cotterill gave the ball away too much. Syers for me slightly bigger threat of the two.
Brown did nothing to speak of but service to him was poor. On reflection this is being kind. He was awful.
Paynter well taken goal and tracked back to try to get ball. Shouldn't have had to as much as this. He needs ball played to him.
Hume good when he came on but playing too deep. Most promising of our players based on cameo today.
Harper didn't do much when he came on but was at least trying to show others (it seemed correctly where to go and what needed to be done.) Needs to get stuck in more. We lost this game in the centre of midfield where 2nd half we were badly dominated. We need someone who can get a foot in and break up play. Hopefully Harper or Keegan will be this player in future. Husband did not have the time to make any impact. Some positives today but we should have got at least a draw today. Yeovil's defence will be found wanting this season as with the exception of Ayling they are slow. Arial attack will not work any longer with Webster. Running at them at pace through the middle would have opened them up. We needless to say did almost none of this mainly because of issues centre mid already mentioned. Also we can't use the geling argument. I thought this at first but a Yeovil fan told me all but 2 players who played for them today were new this season but somehow they coped.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:11:07 pm by streatham dave »

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 02, 2012, 12:45:58 am by roverstillidie91 »
Anyone reckon saunders will actually start experimenting with a formation besides 4-4-2 now ?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 02, 2012, 01:01:16 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It could be seen as very commendable going in with such an attacking formation,but i do think with two wingers in the side,plus an attacking central midfielder,one up-front and an extra man in midfield away from home,especially with a new team would give us more control of the game.

RedViking1234

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 02, 2012, 06:25:48 pm by RedViking1234 »
Harper didn't do much when he came on but was at least trying to show others (it seemed correctly where to go and what needed to be done.) Needs to get stuck in more. We lost this game in the centre of midfield where 2nd half we were badly dominated by streatham dave

have to come in and have aword a bout Harper...he was the only palyer that could pick a pass ....he made a big difference when he came on.... 4 or 5 passes to the wing... which showed his class, as did Hulme ....harper looked a bit unfit... hence why he didint paly the 90...

WOODS in midfield ....needs a kick up the arse...gave the ball away...and didnt win it back...

We will get better....be patient...

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 02, 2012, 07:08:17 pm by PaulRover08 »
Anyone reckon saunders will actually start experimenting with a formation besides 4-4-2 now ?

He experimented against Hull with 5-4-1 and we went 2-0 down. He also played 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 in pre-season. Bit of a basic post to say he only plays 4-4-2.

pubteam

« Reply #13 on September 02, 2012, 07:10:40 pm by pubteam »

Well he tried 4-3-3 in the second half when Harper and Hume came on, and it didn't really work.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 02, 2012, 08:01:33 pm by streatham dave »
RE Harper you might be right about passes but not convinced . He was better than Woods but that that's not saying much. Yeovil ran straight through us. We need an enforcer. Games all about opinions. You will notice Donnybax and I don't agree on Syers. People see different things because it depends sometimes on the qualities you like in players or how you see the game or being in a different part of the ground. Hope I gave a bit of a flavour of the game for anyone who couldn't get to the game.

RedViking1234

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 02, 2012, 09:04:29 pm by RedViking1234 »
Streatham Dave .... dont get me wrong agreed with a lot of what you said, and that we all look at the game diffrently ....I like the passing game and an end result, but we went gunho at 1-0 with 30 mins to go.... were exposed at the back with both centre halfs out of position.

No one has mentioned Haytor... maybe if we had kept him rather than spend out on wages for Blake who he doesnt seem to want to use...might have been better.

Have a forward on the bench put c/half up front.....

Good job i only do fm2012... :thumbsup:

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 02, 2012, 09:09:33 pm by Donnybax »
Im not a fan of keegan but the game was crying out for him really it would have given syers much more freedom to get forward and play just behind or just off Paynter. Keegan could have broken up play and done the simple thing.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:38:20 pm by Donnybax »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 02, 2012, 09:10:14 pm by RedJ »
is it just me or is Keegan improving steadily with each game?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 03, 2012, 07:59:06 am by Colin C No.3 »

I dont get how these players aren't fit, aren't they supposed to keep themselves in shape during when they are out of contract/not training ??

Wayne Rooney came back to pre season training in 'not as good a shape as the other players'. Hence Fergie's decision not to start with him for their first game at Old Trafford.

Let's be honest, we've all gone to work on a Monday morning at some point with a 'slight hangover' still from the weekends excesses. I'll be the first to hold my hand up. Thank gawd they don't breathalise  Commercial Airline Pilots as a matter of course!

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 03, 2012, 01:37:01 pm by Sandy Lane »

Wayne Rooney came back to pre season training in 'not as good a shape as the other players'. Hence Fergie's decision not to start with him for their first game at Old Trafford.

Let's be honest, we've all gone to work on a Monday morning at some point with a 'slight hangover' still from the weekends excesses. I'll be the first to hold my hand up. Thank gawd they don't breathalise  Commercial Airline Pilots as a matter of course!

Oh dear, what airline do you work for?   ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012