Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 08:33:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Where will we finish at the end of this season

Top two
4 (3.8%)
Playoffs
28 (26.7%)
Just outside the playoffs
57 (54.3%)
Just above relegation zone
13 (12.4%)
Relegated
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: September 22, 2012, 11:10:03 am

Author Topic: Final league table  (Read 1552 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Final league table
« on September 02, 2012, 11:10:03 am by godlike1 »
Hi all

Seeing as yesterday's result has everyone feeling a little  :suicide: :suicide:

I thought I would put a poll up to see where people think we will genuinely finish.

I have to say that although I have seen a couple of chinks of light in the display against hull (eventually) the is nothing about the performance of the team to make me think that the players are really living up to how they should be doing on paper. 

Maybe I'm still smarting from the last couple of seasons and aware of the difficult task that sedan has ahead of him now that we have essentially got rid of last years entire squad who were clearly not good enough collectively for the championship.

I'm hopefull we will sneak into the playoffs, after all Deano is hopefully going to be allowed to bring some more players in on loan with a view to making them permanent and that will give us more of a chance with a bigger squad.

Essentially though as long as we do not get relegated again I happy, I just wish I could enjoy watching them as at the moment it is not the most enjoyable stuff and is essentially why I'm mnot going to the games until it improves no matter how much of a fan I am I cannot afford to throw what little money away on something that is essentially be boring me for an hour and a half at the min

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Final league table
« Reply #1 on September 02, 2012, 11:14:55 am by Red wizard »
I have enjoyed all the games bar the Crawley game. Couldn't go yesterday.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 02, 2012, 12:50:17 pm by stockyboy »
I'd say top 8, definitely battling for play offs and may even reach automatic but I'm trying not to sound too positive.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 02, 2012, 02:26:42 pm by MachoMadness »
We've beaten two poor sides and lost to two good sides. That to me says mid-table, though it is early days. I think with a few signings we can make the play-offs, if we keep shipping players out to bring them in we'll struggle to make mid-table. I'll be positive though and say play-offs.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 02, 2012, 02:29:43 pm by The Red Baron »
There was a missing category which was mid-table. I neither think we'll be just outside the play-offs (which implies somewhere from 7-10) nor do I think we'll just avoid relegation (17-20). I think we'll be somewhere around 12th-15th.

I'd have said that before a ball was kicked and nothing I've seen since has persuaded me otherwise.  There's some massive rebuilding to be done and hopefully 2013/14 will see us in a much better position to look upwards.

I do think we could do well in Cups this season, which is why the Norwich draw (very difficult to progress and not likely to make us much money) is disappointing.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 02, 2012, 03:00:50 pm by Chris »
Due to the lack of a 'mid-table' option I have gone for just outside the play-offs.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 02, 2012, 03:32:03 pm by dickos1 »
Why have we beaten two poor sides? Walsall haven't lost since.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 02, 2012, 03:44:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think we're a decent side but will take a while to settle. We've a good side and if we get on a run we'll be fine.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012