Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 12:52:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 5900  (Read 9700 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: 5900
« Reply #60 on September 24, 2012, 11:09:39 am by andysly »
What Rovers have always done these past few years is slowly build up the attendances by getting 2 or 3 decent results then play appallingly when there are decent numbers there, thereby scaring everyone away again.
Latest example Crawley.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on September 24, 2012, 12:26:04 pm by Donnywolf »
We were boring to watch yesterday, very boring! I can see there been no more than 3000 vs Chesterfield in JPT and then we may push 4500 vs PNE as I expect them to bring more than 500, then vs Shrewsbury I think we'll be back down to around the 3800 mark!

3800? So several hundred season ticket holders are going to stay away?

I know 4 that are on Holiday and several more who dont go to "nondescript" competitions like the JPT or even COC  (unless we make the latter stages of either of course)

I cant "speak" for other STH's but faced with a long journey from wherever @ a huge cost by train or car the exiles may give it a miss too

My heart leapt when I saw your reply as I thought it inferred this game was "part of the ST package"

The way I read it is that the poster reckons there will only be 3800 there against Shrewsbury.

Sorry Mr Frost - crossed wires.

I was hoping that your comment meant STH's would be getting in free !

However my main answer was I reckon that several hundred STH's WILL indeed stay away due to cost or commitments or the fact they think it is a meaningless competition (unless we get to Wembley)

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #62 on September 24, 2012, 02:36:24 pm by Rovin Reporter »
my last game was the crawley game wich bored me to death. so thats why i stayed at home and watched gillet soccer saturday.
Nice one. What did you have for tea?

Yep just cant be arsed tell you what lets all do that and we wont have a f***ing club!
Sounds like we are getting worse not better for our drop , Gillet would have made all the difference on Saturday ad supporters will vote with their feet so get real no one wants to see crap or let alone pay for it.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 24, 2012, 02:37:45 pm by grayx »
Could have been a good time for a tenner a ticket or a 2 for 1 offer (sorry season ticket holders).

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 24, 2012, 07:28:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Some folks have high expectations  :facepalm:

Early days but we've got the 7th highest average so far this season with 6231. Most clubs in this league are 10-20% down on last seasons averages. I reckon we're not doing too bad and the work being done to improve the match day experience will surely help.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on September 26, 2012, 10:47:48 am by mrfrostsdad »
Mike, I too was very disappointed with Saturdays gate. If I can travel from Scarborough every week, so called Rovers fans should be able to travel from Bentley, Balby etc etc.
But can you really expect anyone to go again after that total and utter shite we witnessed on Saturday? Fortunately i am in Cyprus next week so will get a break from it.
Jones is 1 booking away from a suspension, Woods is injured, Paynter is injured. We are down to 14 outfield players now. Tough times ahead if we don't get a couple of loan players in quickly

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on September 28, 2012, 10:19:24 am by mjg »
ive been a suporter for 40+ years matey, it hurts me like losing a pet dog when we get beat.
but against crawley i was not entertained and that is what i pay my money for(it was horribly boring) but i will be back at the next home game and if that is boring i will miss the next one

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on September 28, 2012, 11:00:46 am by Filo »
ive been a suporter for 40+ years matey, it hurts me like losing a pet dog when we get beat.
but against crawley i was not entertained and that is what i pay my money for(it was horribly boring) but i will be back at the next home game and if that is boring i will miss the next one

40+ years? you must have had your eyes shut for the first 30 years mate, because barring the odd year here and there, the majority of those thirty years were total shite, I can`t imagine you were entertained much in those 30 years

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on September 28, 2012, 12:03:07 pm by Jim Dobbin »
"like"

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 28, 2012, 06:17:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
In know 5 former ST holders who just basically ummed are arrred, and couldn't decide who would go to KM to get the tickets, particularly as buying 5 adult tickets in one go is a big ask for one person(even if they do get the money the next day etc)

None of them like buying online because of the additional admin charge per ticket which undermines the advance booking discount!

These are all factors in what happens when we lose ST holders - apathy sets in.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on September 28, 2012, 09:53:01 pm by mjg »
hi filo,in the40 odd years i have seen some bad games and teams . but a lot of good games. maybe i was more tollerant of the bordem in my younger days. or maybe i just enjoyed going to the old ground more than the keepmoat ,it still dont feel like home

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on September 28, 2012, 10:11:55 pm by DonnyNoel »

40+ years? you must have had your eyes shut for the first 30 years mate, because barring the odd year here and there, the majority of those thirty years were total shite, I can`t imagine you were entertained much in those 30 years

:aok:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012