Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 03:32:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders  (Read 11318 times)

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
Re: Saunders
« Reply #30 on October 02, 2012, 10:54:30 pm by coppsisgod »
Why should we be forgetting about performances if we have won or not? Because eventually, no matter what the result, if we carry on playing like we have this season we will start getting beat. When teams realize how dogshit we actually are.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 02, 2012, 10:56:06 pm by dickos1 »
You've been to 4 games out of 9. So you have no idea how we've been playing.
We have probably the 2nd best away record in the league.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 02, 2012, 10:57:51 pm by RoversAlias »
In fairness, you can't say he has "no idea" if he's been to half our games nearly.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 02, 2012, 10:59:35 pm by Viking Don »
Someone yelled at him to make a change, and Saunders decided to start mouthing back at his own fans. Sorry Dean, but when your team puts in a shift like that and you just stand there gormless, then you have to expect some stick.

And if you've got even one bollock you're gonna give some back, so problem is?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 02, 2012, 11:01:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
We have been doing good away from home but we cannot play like that at home.  That's why our home performances and results have been poor. Also the manager keeps reverting back to the wrong players at home. But he will say that's all he as, bless him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 02, 2012, 11:02:37 pm by dickos1 »
Someone yelled at him to make a change, and Saunders decided to start mouthing back at his own fans. Sorry Dean, but when your team puts in a shift like that and you just stand there gormless, then you have to expect some stick.

Exactly.
I've moved seats this year and I'm near the dugouts. Some of the shite people come out with is embarrassing.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 02, 2012, 11:03:16 pm by dickos1 »
We have been doing good away from home but we cannot play like that at home.  That's why our home performances and results have been poor. Also the manager keeps reverting back to the wrong players at home. But he will say that's all he as, bless him.
Harper was injured and Hume wasn't allowed to play???

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 02, 2012, 11:03:25 pm by MrFrost »

Point being, it was probably the only time Saunders opened his gob all evening. Maybe if he was being vocal towards the pitch, the players might have responded a bit better.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 02, 2012, 11:03:40 pm by MrFrost »

Point being, it was probably the only time Saunders opened his gob all evening. Maybe if he was being vocal towards the pitch, the players might have responded a bit better.

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 02, 2012, 11:04:22 pm by coppsisgod »
I have also been to the two cup games but yeah I can't comment on away games this season. I have heard we were pretty poor against colchester and blades but they were good results on paper so can't really grumble. We actually have the third best away record in the league which again is ok, we have had a pretty good run of fixtures but you can only beat what is put in front of you so again can't really grumble about that. I have every right to comment on the games I have attended though and quite frankly I have been appalled at what I have seen.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 02, 2012, 11:04:32 pm by MrFrost »

Exactly.
I've moved seats this year and I'm near the dugouts. Some of the shite people come out with is embarrassing.

Not half as embarrassing as the performance tonight.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 02, 2012, 11:06:19 pm by steve@dcfd »

I know that's why it's never his fault, we need more players to cut out his excuses.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 02, 2012, 11:07:20 pm by Viking Don »

Easy said but there's no accounting for what other teams will come here playing like. Having just come down we're still seen as a side to go get a draw against away from home, and try and beat at home.

We're an away side this season, go get your away tickets and see us win a few.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 02, 2012, 11:09:44 pm by dickos1 »

I know that's why it's never his fault, we need more players to cut out his excuses.

Do you know the meaning of an excuse?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 02, 2012, 11:24:00 pm by hoolahoop »
If any of the other interviews are like those on Redio Wendy i.e like a script from the Office .......then In will throw up.

pubteam

« Reply #45 on October 03, 2012, 12:46:06 am by pubteam »
Knee jerk nonsense. We lose a match and all of a sudden the whole club is caving in around us. Jesus christ. Some people should be banned from posting until the day after the match when they've had a chance to gather their thoughts a bit.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 03, 2012, 12:47:25 am by eastender »
Woods should not play again because in every performance this season, he prances around, gives the ball away, doesn't make a tackle, doesn't win a header, he was their best player tonight.
Saunders has to drop him for harper on sat.
I would have brought husband on for woods, after about 15 mins

Would you ...I would've  brought him on from the start  :)

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 03, 2012, 08:20:34 am by ctay »
I really am concerned about our tactics at home...or lack of them to be honest. That was certainly a bad night at the office. I didnt understand the lack of subs...I dont understand why he didnt pick Husband infront of Kyle - who has either lost his confidence, or not interested.

Some of the players really worry me too. Quinn, not seen him have a good game. McCombe is dreadful. M Woods not played well this year, lets hope Barnsley are keen on him. Cotterill is the one ray of hope for me.

The football is dreadful. The goalkeeper situation is still not sorted (and its been this way for 3 years), and I dont see how this team will score goals.

Apart from that I am happy!!

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #48 on October 03, 2012, 08:56:18 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
It was an awful game to watch whatever the result

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 03, 2012, 09:21:28 pm by ravenrover »
Think our weakness is now clear, centre mid.

If only we could have got Wellens instead of Blades.

Has Goulon got a club?[/quote
You are taking the p*ss surely?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 03, 2012, 09:42:32 pm by dumbroofer »

Exactly.

Exactly.

and were you as quick to defend poor dean there as you are on here?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 03, 2012, 09:46:32 pm by dickos1 »
I think he can look after himself cocker.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 03, 2012, 10:04:43 pm by dumbroofer »
hope so miducks

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 03, 2012, 10:20:34 pm by River Don »
Why should we be forgetting about performances if we have won or not? Because eventually, no matter what the result, if we carry on playing like we have this season we will start getting beat. When teams realize how dogshit we actually are.

I hate to say it but SoD always ignored results and concentrated on what we could take from the performance.

My heart sank when Saunders started talking about results being more important than all else.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 03, 2012, 10:52:25 pm by dickos1 »
Results are the most important aspect in football. Good performances bring good results that's what sod meant, if you keep playing well the results will take care of themselves.
But if you can get in the habit of winning without playing well then that's just as good. How many times did we used to get beat by the odd goal against sides that we had outplayed?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 03, 2012, 10:59:44 pm by River Don »
Results are the most important aspect in football. Good performances bring good results that's what sod meant, if you keep playing well the results will take care of themselves.
But if you can get in the habit of winning without playing well then that's just as good. How many times did we used to get beat by the odd goal against sides that we had outplayed?

If you continually playing badly the habit of winning will surely go.

If you keep doing the right things and playing well the results will come right.

Football is a game of low scores and close games. Often results go against the run of play. It makes sense to concentrate on the performance.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 03, 2012, 11:06:02 pm by Not Now Kato »
Knee jerk nonsense. We lose a match and all of a sudden the whole club is caving in around us. Jesus christ. Some people should be banned from posting until the day after the match when they've had a chance to gather their thoughts a bit.

Well, I've sat on this for 24 hours and so this is no knee jerk reaction............

An honest appraisal?  Yesterday's performance rates as low as last years game at Barnsley.

No quality, no commitment, nothing; either from the players or from the manager who sat hiding in his dugout throughout the game.

It's hard to single out who was the worst player and it's unbelievable that the manager made no substitutions in an attempt to rectify something that all supporters could see wasn't working.  The selection of any Rovers player as Man of the Match last night was an affront to all paying supporters.

A disgrace and an affront to all supporters who turned up last night and paid good money to watch such garbage.  How much are these people being paid?

JR may well criticise the Doncaster public for not turning out to support the Rovers; perhaps he would be well advised to turn some of that criticism on the manager and players who by such abysmal performance would deter all but the most hardened supporter.

Shame on the manager and the team in equal measure.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 03, 2012, 11:07:57 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
we need to start with Harper / Husband and Hume if they are available for selection.

If not we may have a problem with Mr Saunders !

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 03, 2012, 11:46:26 pm by Barmby Rover »
....and another three yellow cards, good to see a Rovers team getting stuck in as i have been told, pity half of them will be suspended soon. All playing to instructions remember.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 04, 2012, 02:03:27 am by Sammy Chung was King »
That's the difference between us and Preston,a player like Stuart Beavon would have been an ideal signing for us,but we couldn't afford him,Preston are one of the better teams in the league,most of the time this season when we face the better teams we are going to get edged out,Richie Wellens now that's a player,love it if we got him back,just what we need in midfield that bit of class,we've had a steady start up to now,at home we've played a few of the top teams,and got edged out,we look to prefer playing away,looking at our record but we have played poorer side's away,it will start balancing out when we play some of the poorer teams at home,it won't be easy but i see us getting three points against Shrewsbury,on Saunders not making sub's,were the players on the bench carrying slight injuries?,if not then i don't understand why if your losing a game,get some changes made,i think Saunders has the right to answer back if he's getting stick if you can hand it out,you've got to expect some back.
On the other hand we as supporter's pay a lot to watch and are entitled to moan if we don't like what we are seeing,in my opinion the Shrewsbury game was an ideal tenner game,they won't bring a big following and that maybe would have filled the stadium a bit more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012