Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 12:43:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SOD having same problems at Forest  (Read 5090 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
SOD having same problems at Forest
« on October 04, 2012, 12:01:51 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Seems loads and loads of chances / shots but no goals.

Still no goals for Sharp and still limited opportunities for Copps.

look at these stats (forest first)

Shots
17 5
On target
1 1
Corners
9 6
Fouls
8 5

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: SOD having same problems at Forest
« Reply #1 on October 04, 2012, 01:27:42 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Wot, no possession stats??

:chair:

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 04, 2012, 08:58:03 am by djoftherovers1 »
Forest fans at my work already sick of the pretty possession in their own half with no end product, no cutting edge, no plan b and the old chestnut of im please with the performance when they lose. All sounds familiar. And copps had 5 mins again cnt see him staying there myself must have only played 90mins in total.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 04, 2012, 09:18:10 am by Filo »
Forest fans at my work already sick of the pretty possession in their own half with no end product, no cutting edge, no plan b and the old chestnut of im please with the performance when they lose. All sounds familiar. And copps had 5 mins again cnt see him staying there myself must have only played 90mins in total.

16 minutes in total + any injury time

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 04, 2012, 09:44:08 am by The Red Baron »
He played 83 minutes in the game at Leeds, his only start to date.

On the subject of SO'D, I can't see Forest fans, or their owners, being as patient as we were at Donny.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 04, 2012, 09:53:57 am by Filo »
He played 83 minutes in the game at Leeds, his only start to date.

On the subject of SO'D, I can't see Forest fans, or their owners, being as patient as we were at Donny.

Sorry, my mistake, I counted that he`d come on after 83 minutes, so the original answer is 92 minutes + injury time

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 04, 2012, 09:54:54 am by mjdgreg »
56% possession to Forest with a possession efficiency of 3.29. With stats like that it's only a matter of time before they are top of the league.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 04, 2012, 10:02:09 am by mjdgreg »
Forest fans at my work already sick of the pretty possession in their own half with no end product, no cutting edge,

That's because they are like the typical uneducated football fan. If their team doesn't win every game then they are straight on the back of the manager. I don't call 17 attempts 'no end product'. It's only a matter of time before Billy starts finding the back of the net. They're only 9 games into the season for crying out loud.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 04, 2012, 10:15:25 am by Filo »
56% possession to Forest with a possession efficiency of 3.29. With stats like that it's only a matter of time before they are top of the league.

You`d think a team with a seasons possession proficiency of 1.34 so far would be pissing the league would n`t you? instead of lying 16th in the table.

Source, Mick`s trusty BBC stats

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 04, 2012, 10:53:47 am by Alickismyhero »
I think everyone must accept that the likely outcome of any manager is the SACK.
I also think it is right and proper that Sean's critics come out and justify previous comments and opinions that he should have been sacked.

I admit a lot of the criticism made about Sean makes me laugh.
If he is given a season to prove his worth at Forest then he has no excuses for failure. I have indeed made that comment to him, his reply will remain confidential. What is considered failure is of course very subjective but Sean must get Forest in to the top 6.

Support and loyalty in football is generally fickle just look how Deano is beginning to suffer.

I miss the way we played under Sean and thanks for the memories. Now we have Deano  he had to move the old boys on and it was for more than financial reasons he had to do it.
I accept he has a small squad, limited budget, a team that missed pre season and has to play a league 1 style of football to survive but he will get my loyalty and support.

When it comes to Sean lets see where he finishes at the end of the season before the critics start sniping.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 04, 2012, 10:54:21 am by mjdgreg »
1.34!!! They'd be champions of the world with a stat like that. I'd put some new batteries in your calculator if I were you.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 04, 2012, 11:02:43 am by Filo »
1.34!!! They'd be champions of the world with a stat like that. I'd put some new batteries in your calculator if I were you.

Work it out Mick, the stats are there for you!

Total shots divided by the total %age possession, that`s the formula you use is n`t it?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 04, 2012, 12:09:36 pm by mjdgreg »
Work it out mjdgreg, the stats are there for you!

Total shots divided by the total %age possession, that`s the formula you use is n`t it?

No. I can see where you've gone wrong. It's the total of all possession % divided by total number of shots. So it should be 472 possession divided by 97 attempts = 4.86%.

In future, I'd leave the collating and interpretation of stats to experts like me if I were you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 04, 2012, 01:28:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

In future, I'd leave the collating and interpretation of stats to experts like me if I were you.

Aye. Even though we've established that you can't add up Tranmere's efforts on goal.

On which topic, are you still keeping an eye on their possession efficiency Mick? 6.6 at present. Relegation awaits, eh?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:19:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 04, 2012, 03:02:41 pm by mjdgreg »
Aye. Even though we've established that you can't add up Tranmere's efforts on goal.

On which topic, are you still keeping an eye on their possession efficiency mjdgreg? 6.6 at present. Relegation awaits, eh?

I didn't get my figures wrong. You did, more than once. Check the BBC stats again and you will see I'm right. I don't want to list all the games and add them up in public as I don't want to embarrass you.

I disagree that relegation awaits (Tranmere). As I've previously said, you need to allow a higher possession efficiency for the lower leagues. I'm still carrying out my expert analysis of what is a good p/e for League One.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 04, 2012, 03:15:42 pm by dickos1 »
Bbc figures are never correct. Thought you'd realised that now mick.
But your embarrassing yourself again by quoting them. Silly billy

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 04, 2012, 03:20:54 pm by mjdgreg »
BBC figures are never correct. Thought you'd realised that now mjdgreg.
But you're embarrassing yourself again by quoting them. Silly Billy.

I agree. Billy is silly. Silly Billy is the one saying I can't add up the BBC stats for attempts on goal. I can, and did. He's the one who can't. pmsl.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 04, 2012, 03:25:22 pm by dickos1 »
Using false information to back your arguement is bad mick your really struggling these days

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 04, 2012, 03:34:34 pm by mjdgreg »
Using false information to back your argument is bad mjdgreg you're really struggling these days.

I think you'll find Silly Billy has received numerous batterings off me, including on this topic and he is desperate to get one over on me. He's been struggling for a long time, but fair play to the bloke he gets knocked down but keeps on coming back for more punishment. I love a fighter. If you read his last post he's even suggesting Tranmere will get relegated. pmsl.

Did you check out the 'Mick on trial' thread. I think you'll find it confirms I'm far from struggling. I was a little disappointed that none of the losers had the good grace to admit they had been beaten by the better man.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 04, 2012, 03:40:34 pm by dickos1 »
The stats are wrong though Michael, they say we have no corners when we do, no attempts on target when we do.
I think they just hope nobody who actually went to the game bothers to have a look.
But you keep using them as evidence which has made your arguement into a nonsense.
If you can find some proper stats that offer substance I'm sure people will begin to take you a little more seriously

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 04, 2012, 03:47:49 pm by mjdgreg »
Well at least I can infer from your total lack of support for Billy that we at least agree he has taken a lot of punishment off me.

I've always said the BBC stats are not perfect, but they do give a good idea of what's going on. This is good enough for me as I am a 'big picture' sort of person. You'll be pleased to know that I've written to the Director General of the BBC and informed him of the views of some forum members about whether the BBC stats are worthwhile or not. I'll report back once he gets back to me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 04, 2012, 03:50:50 pm by Filo »
I know I`ve contributed to this going off topic, I really should n`t have taken the bait that Mick put down, but if this thread does n`t get back on topic it will be locked, you can`t keep hijacking topics Mick!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 04, 2012, 04:01:46 pm by mjdgreg »
I know I`ve contributed to this going off topic, I really should n`t have taken the bait that Mick put down, but if this thread does n`t get back on topic it will be locked, you can`t keep hijacking topics mjdgreg!

Good on you for admitting it's your fault this topic has gone off topic. I'd also blame Billy and Dickos to some extent. If I have a weakness it is that I always reply to other posters out of respect for their views. Sometimes this might mean a topic going off topic but I would rather answer them than ignore them. In future when I answer them I'll remind them to get back on topic and to stop messing about.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 04, 2012, 04:28:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As I've said before Mick, I trust you don't play poker because you are truly ba-ba at bluffing. I can picture the scene.

Mick's bluff is called after he goes all-in. He looks at his 7-high hand, refuses to turn them over and says "I think you'll find my hand is better than yours."

You don't have to post all the Tranmere shots data. I did it for you in another thread. Feel free to explain which of those figures was wrong.

And then explain why Tranmere are riding high at the top of the league with there worst Possession Efficiency figures in the division by far.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 04, 2012, 05:08:34 pm by mjdgreg »
As I've said before mjdgreg, I trust you don't play poker because you are truly ba-ba at bluffing. I can picture the scene.

mjdgreg's bluff is called after he goes all-in. He looks at his 7-high hand, refuses to turn them over and says "I think you'll find my hand is better than yours."

lol

You don't have to post all the Tranmere shots data. I did it for you in another thread. Feel free to explain which of those figures was wrong.

And then explain why Tranmere are riding high at the top of the league with there worst Possession Efficiency figures in the division by far.

In case you haven't noticed this is a thread about SOD having problems at Forest. Now stop messing about and get back on topic or you'll have Filo after you.

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 04, 2012, 06:15:48 pm by donnybel »
Lol Dickos, you really dropped Billy in that one.  :P

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 04, 2012, 06:37:41 pm by keepmoatman »
Norfolk  . Very interesting o / p
Not really worth commenting on  now after Madprick  highjacked your thread.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 04, 2012, 07:52:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BBC figures are never correct. Thought you'd realised that now mjdgreg.
But you're embarrassing yourself again by quoting them. Silly Billy.

I agree. Billy is silly. Silly Billy is the one saying I can't add up the BBC stats for attempts on goal. I can, and did. He's the one who can't. pmsl.

Mick

I admire your betting talent. So I'm wondering. Do you want to open up a new thread where we can put links to the BBC/PA stats for every Tranmere match this season? And we can tot up how many shots Tranmere have had. And we can see who is lying through their teeth?

And just to make it interesting, we can have a bet on the outcome. Name your wager.

Would be like printing money, eh Mick?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 04, 2012, 10:35:11 pm by mjdgreg »
mjdgreg

I admire your betting talent. So I'm wondering. Do you want to open up a new thread where we can put links to the BBC/PA stats for every Tranmere match this season? And we can tot up how many shots Tranmere have had. And we can see who is lying through their teeth?

And just to make it interesting, we can have a bet on the outcome. Name your wager.

Look, I don't know why you keep going off topic. It's not fair to Norfolk n Chance that you are doing your best to get this thread locked. My first comment on this thread was totally on topic and I was dragged off topic by you, Filo and Dickos.

Filo has admitted his error and I would respectfully ask you and Dickos to do the same. Failing that I would ask that if you post on this thread again it will be relevant to the thread and not be about Tranmere. Thanking you in anticipation that you will stop messing around.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 04, 2012, 10:39:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
mjdgreg

Look, I don't know why you keep going off topic. It's not fair to Norfolk n Chance that you are doing your best to get this thread locked. My first comment on this thread was totally on topic and I was dragged off topic by you, Filo and Dickos.

Filo has admitted his error and I would respectfully ask you and Dickos to do the same. Failing that I would ask that if you post on this thread again it will be relevant to the thread and not be about Tranmere. Thanking you in anticipation that you will stop messing around.

;)

Got your card marked Micky boy. Big shot bluffer with nowt to back it up. Time after time after time.

Personally, I've had more than enough of your bullshit and barefaced lies. You've had your bluff called a dozen times and it's beyond boring now. There's little point discussing with a clown who, when cornered will simply lie then bluster to cover the lie.

You've outdone your amusement value and your not worth spending any more time on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012