Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 10:17:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who Got Thrown out At Hartlepool?  (Read 40228 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Who Got Thrown out At Hartlepool?
« Reply #90 on October 13, 2012, 09:30:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Certainly seems we are getting a reputation at away games.
Trouble after Sheff Utd. The incident at Leyton Orient, now this.

Reminds me of when we went down to the Conference. We pretty much terrorised every place we visited.

I've just made a similar comment, in the championship we weren't reporting on this sort of thing every other week, all of a sudden we drop a league and it all starts happening again

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 13, 2012, 09:36:28 pm by MrFrost »

Reminds me of when we went down to the Conference. We pretty much terrorised every place we visited.

I've just made a similar comment, in the championship we weren't reporting on this sort of thing every other week, all of a sudden we drop a league and it all starts happening again

We were outnumbered at pretty much every Championship ground. We are now the ones outnumbering teams. You wouldn't see our hooligan element go to Leeds and kick off. They'd be kicked all over. But go to some of the League One minnows, they probably fancy their chances.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on October 13, 2012, 09:47:42 pm by hoolahoop »

We were outnumbered at pretty much every Championship ground. We are now the ones outnumbering teams. You wouldn't see our hooligan element go to Leeds and kick off. They'd be kicked all over. But go to some of the League One minnows, they probably fancy their chances.

It's always been about numbers hasn't it sadly................Leeds have used the ratio tactic for years now . At the end of the day it is foolish, anti-social and patently NOT what the majority of our supporters and the club want or need. We need to employ plainclothes police to identify continual problem makers and get the club to sanction them.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on October 13, 2012, 09:52:09 pm by Dagenham Rover »

It's always been about numbers hasn't it sadly................Leeds have used the ratio tactic for years now . At the end of the day it is foolish, anti-social and patently NOT what the majority of our supporters and the club want or need. We need to employ plainclothes police to identify continual problem makers and get the club to sanction them.

Now that could probably be the most worthwhile expenditure the club could make

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on October 13, 2012, 09:56:57 pm by MachoMadness »
What I don't understand is why being less outnumbered causes our fans to start fighting each other, or to smear their own shit on the walls or something like that. I mean, stupid as it is, I could sort of understand why some of our knobhead contingent think it's important to have the hardest firm or whatever, but just starting trouble amongst our own fans is surely moronic even by their standards.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on October 13, 2012, 09:57:44 pm by Alan_Rovers »
The club need to step in now, because as Frost says we are only a quarter of the way into the season and we have already had trouble at four away games (there was some trouble at Walsall too).

Not only will we get fined by the FA, but once this gets out there in the local media our reputation will take another battering.

After the Orient game, news of the shit smearing made it into the Free Press, so there is no doubt that this fighting amongst ourselves will too? It is a disgrace, but what image does this set to potential families or new fans who the club are trying to get to come along to games?

Gavin Baldwin needs to stop being Mr Nice Guy now and hand out a few banning orders. A few "fans" (and I use that term loosely) are costing us money as a club, and we all know exactly who they are!!!!!!!!!!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on October 13, 2012, 09:59:57 pm by MrFrost »
Hopefully it won't put people off going to Notts County in a couple of weeks. Could potentially be a large away following to that one, and it;d be a shame if it kicked off again.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on October 13, 2012, 10:01:08 pm by Mr1Croft »

I'm not sure, it all boils down to what you class as a trouble causer. For example growing up through the conference years and lower leagues I like to stand and sing at games, I even enjoy the banter with opposition fans. A much tenser and hostile atmosphere makes for a really good game. But in todays world does that make someone a trouble causer in the eyes of the police? That is my worry with such a scenario.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on October 13, 2012, 10:16:02 pm by silent majority »
The club need to step in now, because as Frost says we are only a quarter of the way into the season and we have already had trouble at four away games (there was some trouble at Walsall too).

Not only will we get fined by the FA, but once this gets out there in the local media our reputation will take another battering.

After the Orient game, news of the shit smearing made it into the Free Press, so there is no doubt that this fighting amongst ourselves will too? It is a disgrace, but what image does this set to potential families or new fans who the club are trying to get to come along to games?

Gavin Baldwin needs to stop being Mr Nice Guy now and hand out a few banning orders. A few "fans" (and I use that term loosely) are costing us money as a club, and we all know exactly who they are!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read this thread with a certain amount of interest, and as some of you may know I understand this subject better than most. In the interests of accuracy let me correct a few misunderstandings, and this post by Alan contains most that's wrong.

Get fined by the FA? Why? Firstly this competition has nothing to do with the FA, so they have no right to get involved. If you meant the Football league then you may be correct but they won't be interested in a minor scuffle between a few fans and a couple of stewards.

The local media and our reputation taking a battering? What do you actually mean? We have a very, very, small proportion of trouble makers just like every other club in the land, lets not go OTT on this, it happens, but the other 99.9% of DRFC supporters won't suffer for this reason.

Gavin Baldwin is now responsible for banning orders? Since when did he become judge and jury? Are we talking Section 14a or section 14b banning orders? Do you have any idea what the process is?

And please, less of the !!!!!!!!!!!! to try and make your point more impressive.

I think we're all guilty of overreacting on this issue, yes it meant a few people arrested and ejected, and yes it was an argument caused by ill thought out legislation that only affects football supporters, but please, lets have some sense here, were not talking about major disorder or  a full scale riot.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on October 13, 2012, 10:17:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I'm not sure, it all boils down to what you class as a trouble causer. For example growing up through the conference years and lower leagues I like to stand and sing at games, I even enjoy the banter with opposition fans. A much tenser and hostile atmosphere makes for a really good game. But in todays world does that make someone a trouble causer in the eyes of the police? That is my worry with such a scenario.

I agree with you there Crofty however if you are employing the police or even private detectives   or even stewards to watch over x number of away games consistant troublemakers will be caught and would be a cheaper option than the fa fines

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on October 13, 2012, 10:21:43 pm by silent majority »

Most Police forces already employ spotters to attend football matches, in fact I would say they are present at all matches. But lets not lose sight of the fact that at all football matches throughout the UK 99.9% of football supporters are genuine supporters not out to cause any trouble. Given that football supporters are already subject to legislation much tighter and stronger than any anti-terrorist legislation, and have less rights and civil liberties than any other section of society why are we encouraging even tighter restrictions? Not a good idea.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on October 13, 2012, 10:22:12 pm by Alan_Rovers »
No silent majority you are wrong.

If this was a minor scuffle why is there four pages on it???????

As I said when this gets into the Free Press and families who are potential fans see it then it will make them think twice about coming to games. It isn't the first time it has happened this season and we have a hooligan issue at the moment which needs stamping out.

If someone had fallen or stumbled over a seat and banged their head they could have died today. Would you have still called it a minor scuffle then.

It's down to the club now to tell a few fans in the minority who are spoiling it for the majority to pi$$ off!!!!!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on October 13, 2012, 10:24:10 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I appreciate the Police employ spotters etc but how about the club employing them.......perhaps adifferent angle may appear

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on October 13, 2012, 10:24:53 pm by RedArmy »

As I said when this gets into the Free Press and families who are potential fans see it then it will make them think twice about coming to games. It isn't the first time it has happened this season and we have a hooligan issue at the moment which needs stamping out.

If someone had fallen or stumbled over a seat and banged their head they could have died today. Would you have still called it a minor scuffle then.

It's down to the club now to tell a few fans in the minority who are spoiling it for the majority to pi$$ off!!!!!!

hooligam issue hahahaha, stop overreacting bloody hell!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on October 13, 2012, 10:27:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »

hooligam issue hahahaha, stop overreacting bloody hell!

Sorry mate its starting to  appear week after week

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on October 13, 2012, 10:30:21 pm by Alan_Rovers »
This season some people who claim to be our 'fans' have bottled each other after the game at Sheff Utd, smeared shit on the walls at Leyton Orient and had a huge fight with police and stewards today.

It was in the Free Press recently that two fans have got banning orders for violence at Walsall.

If that isn't a hooligan problem then I don't know what is.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on October 13, 2012, 10:33:09 pm by RedArmy »
im sure if you asked a leeds, millwall etc fan about what happened today they'd laugh at how much of a big deal youre making out of it! its football it happens, next week we'll be back to the usual rovers sat down nice and quietly!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on October 13, 2012, 10:33:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Is it hell. I've been all our away games no problems at all anywhere need me. stop trying to cause trouble. Let's remember the huge praise we've had from clubs this year such as colChester.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on October 13, 2012, 10:33:45 pm by MrFrost »
To be honest, I really don't see the issue. Trouble happens week in week out at various stadiums. And in town and city centres. Mix alcohol and a large number of vociferous people, and skirmishes will happen.
Get over it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on October 13, 2012, 10:34:01 pm by silent majority »

No I'm not. And I have much more experience in this area than you. So lets look at the points you are making.

Firstly, because there are 4 pages on this issue then its a major disturbance? Erm, I don't see the connection, its either a major disturbance involving hundreds of supporters or its not, the length of the thread doesn't make it more serious than it is.

We have a hooligan issue at the moment? Not according to the Safety Officers Association we don't, nor do we according to the local SAG or the local Police Liaison Officer. You need proof? Join me in my next meeting with them. Don't overreact is my stance.

People falling over a seat and banging their head could have died? Whilst I would never wish harm on anybody I do think you're searching for a reason to support your argument. There's much more chance of people falling over and getting hurt in stadiums that hold 70 or 80,00 people when goals are scored, certainly not in an away end that's got 600 people in it and a handful are having a scuffle. Don't over dramatise the situation.

Yes, if we can identify actual trouble makers, and believe you me the club, Police and Safety Officers know who these people are, then they will be dealt with. Lets keep our heads here.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on October 13, 2012, 10:34:33 pm by RedArmy »
Is it hell. I've been all our away games no problems at all anywhere need me. stop trying to cause trouble. Let's remember the huge praise we've had from clubs this year such as colChester.

couldnt agree more

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on October 13, 2012, 10:34:40 pm by Alan_Rovers »
its football it happens

Are you seriously defending violence at football matches?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on October 13, 2012, 10:36:41 pm by MrFrost »
its football it happens

It's not a question of defending it, but accepting that it happens, and always has, and always will in some form.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on October 13, 2012, 10:38:11 pm by RedArmy »
its football it happens

never once have i "defended" it, but its not gonna go away ever, so you have to live with it.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on October 13, 2012, 10:38:23 pm by Dagenham Rover »
"We have a hooligan issue at the moment? Not according to the Safety Officers Association we don't, nor do we according to the local SAG or the local Police Liaison Officer"

SM I think the issue is we seem to have a growing hooligan issue which needs stamping out at first base before it starts getting out of hand

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on October 13, 2012, 10:38:44 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Yes, if we can identify actual trouble makers, and believe you me the club, Police and Safety Officers know who these people are, then they will be dealt with. Lets keep our heads here.

Well please can you tell the club to use this as an excuse to slap bans on these people if they were involved today?

All our good work as a family club is fast being undone by the same few idiots, week after week.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on October 13, 2012, 10:40:07 pm by Red wizard »
Its got 4 pages because it hardly ever happens.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on October 13, 2012, 10:46:29 pm by jucyberry »
For those who know or think they know who the frisky element are I would ask, are they the same people at all four of the named matches do you know? and if so could one of them be the sticky fingered perpetrator of 'poogate'?

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on October 13, 2012, 10:47:26 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Got talking to a pools fan after the game and intrestingly he said thats the first game they ve had this season where theres been a real police presence. He also said that back in the 80s there was a lot of trouble between our two clubs and he reckons that might have had something to do with them being so keen to get involved. Im only 18 myself so I cant really comment on whether that was the case. Imo I thought the stewards and police were too heavy handed and just escalated the situation.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on October 13, 2012, 10:50:04 pm by silent majority »

Well please can you tell the club to use this as an excuse to slap bans on these people if they were involved today?

All our good work as a family club is fast being undone by the same few idiots, week after week.

Nobody talks about football hooligans any more, they are collectively known as risk supporters. The authorities have lists of 'risk supporters' at every club, but they still have rights just like me and you. If they are guilty of something then let them defend themselves and a reasonable judgement be made, or would you rather, as seems to be your tone, just ban them anyway? When you say slap bans on them, surely they have to have done something? And as I asked earlier do you have  any idea what a ban entails? If you did you wouldn't be so quick to ask for them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012