Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:08:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Woodsy n. Bennett  (Read 6257 times)

rovgers

• Forum Member
Woodsy n. Bennett
« on October 20, 2012, 05:17:14 pm by rovgers »
You tell me! :mad:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Woodsy n. Bennett
« Reply #1 on October 20, 2012, 05:34:09 pm by glosterred »
Not good enough at the moment - both of them. But there again on todays performance there were not many bright spots.

COYR

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 20, 2012, 05:35:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Thought martin woods worked hard and did well particularly late on. Struggles in a 2 I think but his cross was sublime.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 20, 2012, 05:37:42 pm by Dare to dream! »
Bennett wasnt good going forward today but was working hard and got more tackles in today than i have seen him do all season

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2012, 05:39:16 pm by Filo »
Bennett wasnt good going forward today but was working hard and got more tackles in today than i have seen him do all season

Are you registered blind? he never made one tackle, he just trotted up and down in a can`t be arsed fashion!

pubteam

« Reply #5 on October 20, 2012, 05:40:56 pm by pubteam »
Woods provided a cracking cross for Paynter's goal. Never seen him as a wide player really, but if he can deliver a ball like that, maybe he'd be more suited to the wide left position?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 20, 2012, 06:09:28 pm by dknward2 »
Woods only did well after going down in area injured only then did he step up to 1st gear Bennett poor again needs to learn that when he loses the ball go back after it ala Hume

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 20, 2012, 07:19:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
Play Woods on the left side of midfield. Put Kyle Bennett on the bench. If we have not signed a loan player before Tuesday. Then the midfield should be Harper and Syers then in front of them, Cotterill, Hume and Woods M. with Paynter or Brown up top.
But we need a better central midfield player to ensure our performances are better than we are seeing now.

Tartan rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2012, 07:20:47 pm by Tartan rover »
Woods had best game of season for me , Bennett needs to spend a couple of weeks on the bench .

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2012, 07:21:53 pm by Wellred »
It seems we might be about to sign Sammy Clingan.
Hopefully he could be the answer to our weak midfield.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 20, 2012, 08:10:03 pm by ravenrover »
Woods had best game of season for me , Bennett needs to spend a couple of weeks on the bench .

And that is sad, because they were both terrible!  :ohmy:

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 20, 2012, 11:06:26 pm by Draytonian III »

You must have been sat near me,because at 3.01 somebody shouted " rubbish Woods" I dont think he had touched the ball by then . He had his best game by far this season,did anyone see his reaction when WE scored ,same person was slagging him off when it was Paul Quinn who messed up . I know they are both Scottish ,but do they look the same !!!!!!!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2012, 11:17:22 pm by RedJ »

You must have been sat near me,because at 3.01 somebody shouted " rubbish Woods" I dont think he had touched the ball by then . He had his best game by far this season,did anyone see his reaction when WE scored ,same person was slagging him off when it was Paul Quinn who messed up . I know they are both Scottish ,but do they look the same !!!!!!!!

must confess I've mixed them up before due to them both having similar coloured boots

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2012, 11:50:45 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Martin Woods had his best game by a mile and was very near MOTM.

Bennett did the ugly things very well today and I thought he played well in last 20 behind the front two.

Gary woods ....??? Nervous as kitten

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 21, 2012, 10:59:45 am by roversam »
Martin Woods had his best game by a mile and was very near MOTM.

Bennett did the ugly things very well today and I thought he played well in last 20 behind the front two.

Gary woods ....??? Nervous as kitten
Martin Woods, very nearly MOTM, thats the funniest joke ive heard for years  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 21, 2012, 11:35:54 am by rover-n-out »
I'm sorry, but for me Bennett was guilty in giving them their goal, he just let their number 4 Foreshaw run away from him without tracking him at all.
If he had tracked him and got a tackle in on Foreshaw, fair or unfair, then that player would not have been able to put the ball into the path of Douglas, who scored. Very poor from Kyle.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 21, 2012, 01:17:21 pm by Donnybax »
Don't think woods was bad yesterday he's just the new one for the abuse now oster and mark Wilson have gone people need someone to blame and it's Martin woods. His cross for the goal was brilliant and he kept the ball well I think

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 21, 2012, 05:16:36 pm by RoversAlias »
Martin Woods was APPALLING yesterday. I can only conclude that some of you are actually blind. He was a joke, and played like I expect someone in Sunday league to play. He made one or two good passes forward, and of course put in a brilliant cross for Paynter without which we may not have won the game. But besides that one instant of good play he was shocking.

Bennett just behind him for me as worst player on the field. Not that we had anyone who had a good game yesterday. But then, they say if you can play badly and still win you will finish high in the table and we did just that. I came away delighted with the result because there is no way we deserved even a point.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 21, 2012, 05:53:56 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Opinions & Arse-holes cliche alert. Interesting how peoples views differ. Thought Martin Woods had  his best game of the season too, following on from his improvement v Chesterfield. Put a good shift in. Harper is quality, I think we all agree there but doesn't do a lot of running. Once he went to left back, Syers & Woods gave us a bit more energy. Lovely cross for Paynters header.

bigsteve1

« Reply #19 on October 21, 2012, 07:19:04 pm by bigsteve1 »
why not get off there backs and start singing for the club how would you feel if some moaning small brained idiot kept on calling you why not say it to there faces speak to them or ar you scared and spineless or just a man when your in front of a computer screen

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 21, 2012, 07:54:19 pm by MachoMadness »
why not get off there backs and start singing for the club how would you feel if some moaning small brained idiot kept on calling you why not say it to there faces speak to them or ar you scared and spineless or just a man when your in front of a computer screen

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 21, 2012, 11:09:51 pm by jonnydog »

That just looks like Neil Warnock in a wig!!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 22, 2012, 12:33:00 am by RedJ »

That just looks like Neil Warnock in a wig!!!

perhaps he's reading the write up of the hearing for the appeal :thumbsup:

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 22, 2012, 01:25:25 am by newyankee »
Woods is one of the high earners we wanted to lose, but no one is interested , not good enough, looks like we are stuck with him.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 22, 2012, 09:46:06 am by Colin C No.3 »
That may well have been Woods' best game of the season but if so, it just goes to highlight how poor his performances have been to date. As for him being MOTM....??? Don't look any further than Rob Jones for that one...again.

I like Cotterill & not only because he's capable of hitting the net from 30 yards on occasion. He really got stuck in yesterday, tracking back & always up for tackle. He reminds me a lot of Jamie Patterson.

I was surprised when DS took Brown off as I thought he'd had much more success on the ball than Hume. But hey, when he did bring Hume off (who still seems a yard off the pace for me), didn't Paynter turn out to be the 'right' choice!

I still feel as though I've lost 'the best looking girl in town', but if 'her uglier mate' keeps sending me home smiling, I might just start to look forward to seeing 'her' more!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 22, 2012, 09:52:45 am by Mr1Croft »
I have said it before and I'll say it again, Woods was by far a much better player as a winger for Rotherham playing wide. Does nobody remember him cutting inside and launching that rocket into the top corner past Ben Smith in 2007 at the Keepmoat? If you don't remember take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc2fXFy4lFk

Here is another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0yKlnVUu7o

Since his arrival here he has never replicated any of that form. Yesterday for the second goal we saw Woods deliver a cross from where he is most comfortable.

When we had Oster and Copps I could understand why he was played in Midfield when Stock was injured, but ever since then he had stayed in that position.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:57:41 am by Mr1Croft »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 22, 2012, 10:33:56 am by dickos1 »
To be fair crofty sod never played oster as a winger in his time here, agree though that woods isn't suited to centre mid especially in this league, where its all hustle and bustle in there and he gets no time on the ball which he needs, he doesn't get stuck in, so pushing him out wide in this league would suit him and give him more time on the ball

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 22, 2012, 10:48:19 am by mrfrostsdad »
It's no good people coming on here and saying 'stop having a go at Woods and Bennett and get behind them' The whole purpose of this thread was 'how did everyone think Woods and Bennett had played'. So opinions will differ.

So, for my own two pennies worth, I thought Bennett was the worst player on the pitch by a country mile. Didn't look interested. Woods was, in my opinion - yes - my opinion, a very close second worse.

But, hey, we won so I don't care!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 22, 2012, 10:49:13 am by GazLaz »
I've thought that about him playing on the left to give us some balance for a while. If we put two grafters in the middle it would give the front men and wide men license to express theirselves.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 22, 2012, 11:31:13 am by Yargo »
Those two cannot play in the same team,heard they were starting together on Radio Sheffield,took ticket to office and swapped it for next home game and went home

TinyPortal © 2005-2012