Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:51:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy Griffin signs  (Read 8944 times)

robchester

• Forum Member
Andy Griffin signs
« on October 22, 2012, 01:27:53 pm by robchester »
Signed on a non contract basis and registered for the Tranmere game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: Andy Griffin signs
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2012, 01:51:25 pm by newyankee »
It's good to be right!!!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2012, 02:01:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Something for the drummer to work on....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njYxHblh0TM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njYxHblh0TM</a>

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2012, 02:30:52 pm by albie »
Well I hope he's been on a diet since the last time I saw him play, when he looked like he was carrying a bit of timber round the equator!

Experienced player, but could be vulnerable to a bit of pace. I thought he had retired to be honest, so lets hope he has been working on the training ground.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2012, 02:35:03 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Well I hope he's been on a diet since the last time I saw him play, when he looked like he was carrying a bit of timber round the equator!

Experienced player, but could be vulnerable to a bit of pace. I thought he had retired to be honest, so lets hope he has been working on the training ground.

Some people are not happy unless they're having a moan! If we signed Messi or C.Ronaldo, some people would still find fault.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 22, 2012, 02:36:56 pm by Red wizard »
Great signing.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 22, 2012, 02:46:30 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Quality

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 22, 2012, 02:59:30 pm by yapper1901 »

Some people are not happy unless they're having a moan! If we signed Messi or C.Ronaldo, some people would still find fault.

wow you cant say anything without being jumped on nowadays, he didnt say he was a bad signing he just said last time he saw him, he was carrying a bit of timber. hardly a forum if everyone just says great signing.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 22, 2012, 02:59:50 pm by Woodhead Passer »
Decent signing. He can't be worse than the excuse of a footballer that we already have at right back!

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 22, 2012, 03:07:20 pm by Red wizard »
Quinn is a steady player  and is a big part of our good defence.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 22, 2012, 03:08:25 pm by Filo »
Decent signing. He can't be worse than the excuse of a footballer that we already have at right back!

Just because Quinn is not a spectacular rampaging full back does n`t make him bad, he`s a steady defender, that`s his first job, to defend, and he`s part of a much more solid backline this season and gives a good foundation to grind out results as we`ve seen more than once this season

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2012, 03:09:59 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Just because Quinn is not a spectacular rampaging full back does n`t make him bad, he`s a steady defender, that`s his first job, to defend, and he`s part of a much more solid backline this season and gives a good foundation to grind out results as we`ve seen more than once this season

As witnessed by being an ever present in the 12 league matches where only 11 goals have been conceded....

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2012, 03:26:26 pm by MachoMadness »
Quality signing, well happy with this. Having said that, how old is he now? Seems to have been around for an age.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 22, 2012, 03:38:09 pm by newyankee »
He's 33, but older players tend to let their brains and or the ball do the work. They don't run about like headless chickens as many young players do. There is no substitue for experience.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 22, 2012, 03:46:11 pm by MachoMadness »
33 isn't really old for a defender in this day and age. I take it he isn't the Premier League RB we were looking at though, since he isn't actually playing for a Premiership club.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 22, 2012, 03:58:38 pm by Barmby Rover »
Let's hope he's fit enough to start, otherwise we are seriously short a defender for tomorrow night I think.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 22, 2012, 04:08:51 pm by newyankee »
Husband didn't play on Saturday, so he may be fit for tomorrow.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 22, 2012, 04:25:06 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Still after the RB apparently.

pubteam

« Reply #18 on October 22, 2012, 04:39:07 pm by pubteam »

Come off it! Quinn is clearly a solid player. Not an attacking full back, I grant you, and not a spectacular footballer, but he's decent in the air and not much gets past him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 22, 2012, 04:51:34 pm by Filo »
33 isn't really old for a defender in this day and age. I take it he isn't the Premier League RB we were looking at though, since he isn't actually playing for a Premiership club.

Maldini played at the top level in Italy until he was 41 years of age, age does n`t matter if you`re good enough and have the right attitude

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 22, 2012, 05:02:30 pm by RedArmy »

not been funny but you mad eout in another thread that he was gonna be a massive signing haha, good signing but nothing like you made out.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 22, 2012, 05:10:14 pm by Wild Rover »
Ever thought.........there MAY be another as well as AG.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 22, 2012, 05:10:52 pm by DearneValleyRover »

not been funny but you mad eout in another thread that he was gonna be a massive signing haha, good signing but nothing like you made out.

That's because Griffin isn't the player he was referring to.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 22, 2012, 05:13:19 pm by RedArmy »

That's because Griffin isn't the player he was referring to.

alright fair enough, dont bite. is it coming off this "other player"?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 22, 2012, 05:41:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
A few comments here not going with what I understand. Seems to me he is the player thats been mentioned and we're no longer looking for a RB. Not sure where you get that he isn't a prem player, that being where he last played? Dean says he's now looking for a CB if anything.

<added>Oops, yep, he was at Reading in the Championship, but been a prem player for several seasons before that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:53:46 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 22, 2012, 05:42:25 pm by newyankee »
According to a post on another forum, the young player concerned could be *********  from *********** .  He's already played in the first team so no mug.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:03:45 pm by Filo »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 22, 2012, 06:00:16 pm by MachoMadness »
If it is him, is it wise to be posting his name on here?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 22, 2012, 06:02:46 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
According to a post on another forum, the young player concerned could be **** ****** from *******. .....

That other forum being what?! :headbang:
Or is it generally all over the public arena?

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 22, 2012, 06:09:00 pm by newyankee »
It was posted on the other forum, (Ja 606 Bristol red), so the word must be out somewhere Macho. If not then it is the usual rumour that pervades forums like these and have no merit to them.
   I remember a former Chairman at Halifax RLFC who used to put in the press that they were going to sign all and sundry, including the Dagenham Girl Pipers. The problem was that they only signed the Dagenham Girl Pipers but it kept the Halifax Courier going.
  I see nothing wrong with conjecture and let's be honest, how many of us are that much in the know anyway?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 22, 2012, 06:22:44 pm by MachoMadness »
I'd take him to be honest, might be him, might not be. Though we all know how many journo's like to read forums like this for an easy story and apparently reporting on what seemed to be harmless rumours has cost us before. 15 guests reading this topic right now, any one of them could be a journo or an employee from another club who could be on the phone right now inquiring about said player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012