Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:26:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jail for Leeds fan  (Read 5812 times)

mattco

• Forum Member
Jail for Leeds fan
« on October 22, 2012, 03:57:33 pm by mattco »
I see the clown who hit Wendies keeper has got 16 weeks and another ban from attending Leeds games.  he is not allowed to be within a mile of any ground where Leeds are playing.  He has been banned before but ignores it.  What happened to the idea of having to report to local police station at kick-off time?   That way he couldn't be anywhere near a football ground.  I notice too that he is a real Leeds fan - he lives in Cheltenham!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: Jail for Leeds fan
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2012, 04:12:17 pm by newyankee »
They should have put him inside until the end of the season, then he couldn't get to games.  He said he was too drunk to remeber what happened, in that case, how did he get into the ground without being detected as drunk as a skunk?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2012, 05:02:23 pm by donnievic »
They should have put him inside until the end of the season, then he couldn't get to games.  He said he was too drunk to remeber what happened, in that case, how did he get into the ground without being detected as drunk as a skunk?

Maybe it was same stewards on duty as we had at Hartlepool

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2012, 05:42:43 pm by The L J Monk »
I notice too that he is a real Leeds fan - he lives in Cheltenham!!

Odd observation. Do all Rovers fans live in Doncaster?

16 weeks seems a bit lenient when the chap who went for a swim during The Boat Race got 6 months.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2012, 05:44:56 pm by dickos1 »
He lives in Cheltenham but is from beeston which is a place that makes highfields look like Beverley hills.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 22, 2012, 05:52:20 pm by Donnywolf »
Should serve the whole 4 Months with a bit of luck but I doubt it

....AND WHY as someone said above does he not have to report to a Police Station somewhere except the place Leesds are playing at 3pm each game FOREVER or immediately go to jail again for 8 Months then 16 Months ect till he stops disobeying these orders

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 22, 2012, 05:57:49 pm by silent majority »
Maybe the judge is a Leeds fan too!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 22, 2012, 07:48:26 pm by idler »
From what I heard today there is another story from some years ago involving a close family relative that might get picked up on.
Nature or nurture. :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 22, 2012, 08:12:34 pm by Filo »
He should have got 10 years just for being a Leeds fan!  :laugh:

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 22, 2012, 08:16:04 pm by Draytonian III »
Which prison I wonder,Armley,Wakefield ? I hope its Strangeways in Manchester,he would be singing "Marching on together " in there, NOT 

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 22, 2012, 08:34:27 pm by donnievic »
Which prison I wonder,Armley,Wakefield ? I hope its Strangeways in Manchester,he would be singing "Marching on together " in there, NOT 
Dont most get sent to Donny or Lindholme from Sheff courts

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2012, 08:35:14 pm by Filo »

He`ll probably go to somewhere like HMP Moorland at Lindholme

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2012, 08:45:15 pm by 1879Rovers »
He will probably do six weeks. After all thats been said after Friday and the fact he has got form it is a joke sentence.

From a Doncaster fan in Oxfordshire if that is ok with the original poster or am I not allowed to follow them because I don't live there?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 22, 2012, 10:26:11 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I hope this isn't the end of what was a very unsavoury incident. There were other 'fans' on the pitch too. Sheff Wed need to take a hard look at their marshalling of such 'high profile' games. Leeds Utd should be made to 'forfeit' the point they got from the game. That would make these idiots think twice about pitch invasions & worse & perhaps make those who 'welcomed' this prat back into the crowd, with much back slapping & high fives, think again.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 22, 2012, 10:29:52 pm by RedJ »
I hope this isn't the end of what was a very unsavoury incident. There were other 'fans' on the pitch too. Sheff Wed need to take a hard look at their marshalling of such 'high profile' games. Leeds Utd should be made to 'forfeit' the point they got from the game. That would make these idiots think twice about pitch invasions & worse & perhaps make those who 'welcomed' this prat back into the crowd, with much back slapping & high fives, think again.

you've got an idea there with point deductions for things like this - it'd make them think twice but I doubt the FA would have the balls to implement it

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 22, 2012, 10:48:38 pm by Padge_DRFC »
« Reply #4 on Today at 05:44:56 PM by dickos1 »QuoteHe lives in Cheltenham but is from beeston which is a place that makes highfields look like Beverley hills.

Haha so true. Horrific village Beeston. Refing their football team is horrendous if they're not winning.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 23, 2012, 10:22:17 am by ditch_drfc »
Why should Leeds forfeit the point? It's not their fault that their supporter ran on the pitch and attacked kirkland. Should it not be Wednesday getting docked the point if anything, for not providing adequate protection? 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 23, 2012, 10:31:03 am by Filo »
Why should Leeds forfeit the point? It's not their fault that their supporter ran on the pitch and attacked kirkland. Should it not be Wednesday getting docked the point if anything, for not providing adequate protection? 

No doubt the away tickets for this fixture were purchased from the Leeds ticket Office, if that`s the case then they`ve sold a ticket, directly or indirectly to a person that is subject to a football banning order and thus their vetting process (if they have one) has failed, so deduct them points!

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 23, 2012, 02:29:32 pm by ctay »
From what I am told, the stewards had moved from behind the goal to the cheese corner section which was having seats ripped up and thrown between Weds and Leeds fans. Still doesnt excuse it though.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 23, 2012, 04:29:04 pm by bobjimwilly »
16 weeks seems a bit lenient when the chap who went for a swim during The Boat Race got 6 months.

Just what I thought? 6 months for being a "public nuisance" but only 4 months for assault? Somet not quite right with that...

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 23, 2012, 04:35:48 pm by MachoMadness »

Just like it's not the supporters' fault when a club gets into millions of pounds worth of debt and goes bust, but the supporters still get put through the wringer because of the actions of the club. Likewise when the fans act up in a major way like this, the club should be punished. Fining a multi-million pound company won't have any effect on the fans, but if they're docked points it might make these people think twice before throwing their weight around.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 23, 2012, 05:22:36 pm by grayx »
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Pretty well sums up our justice system doesn't it.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 23, 2012, 06:06:31 pm by mattco »
What you did see on TV were loads of Leeds fans patting him on the back and clapping him when he got back into the crowd.  They are a disgrace.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 23, 2012, 06:28:25 pm by glosterred »

My thoughts exactly. Pretty well sums up our justice system doesn't it.
[/quote]

One endangered his own life and potentially the lives of those in the boats - the other slapped a one person

Perhaps that is why there is a difference in sentencing and not because who was involved.

COYR

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 23, 2012, 07:22:04 pm by Crowle Rover »

Apparently, when he's released Scunny want to sign him as they could do with someone who beats goalkeepers!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 23, 2012, 08:25:19 pm by Donnywolf »

What do Wednesday do to provide adequate protection ?

Install fences - then get innocent people crushed to death ?

This is why I cannot believe this idiot and his fellow idiots. Of ALL the places NOT to do such a thing - top of the list Leppings Lane Hillsborough.

Talk about kicking the 96 when they are down ffs. Make him serve every minute of the 16 weeks AND watch a video of the disaster unfolding in front of his eyes every day of the 16 weeks. It was the likes of him that caused the fences to go up in the first place

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 23, 2012, 08:39:03 pm by Jenny »
I can't help but think that if this happened on a street and not in a football stadium, then the guy would have got a slap on the wrists and that would have been the end of it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 23, 2012, 08:57:37 pm by MrFrost »
I can't help but think that if this happened on a street and not in a football stadium, then the guy would have got a slap on the wrists and that would have been the end of it.

If he'd not breached several banning orders, he'd probably have just got a slap on the wrist (plus a banning order)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 28, 2012, 08:32:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
One endangered his own life and potentially the lives of those in the boats - the other slapped a one person

He never endangered the lives of those in the boat, not even potentially!
What he did was spoil a boat race for people who seemingly have friends in high places.

:thumbdown:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 28, 2012, 08:52:17 pm by hoolahoop »

He never endangered the lives of those in the boat, not even potentially!
What he did was spoil a boat race for people who seemingly have friends in high places.

:thumbdown:

Different magistrate, different town, trust you to put a political slant on it.........typical leftist daft thinking.  :thumbdown:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012