Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:48:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fingers crossed tomorrow.  (Read 7265 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Fingers crossed tomorrow.
« on November 05, 2012, 08:10:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
With a bit of luck, the good folk over the water will do the sensible thing at the ballot box and elect Obama with a good enough mandate for him to get the economy moving.

'Course, if they have a collective meltdown and elect Romney and Ryan, then we'll all be looking for another planet to move to. I am totally bewildered how it can even be a close race, given the list of bare faced lies as long as a Leeds fan's arm that the Republicans have been chucking out. They are such compulsive liars that Ryan claimed he had once run a marathon in 2:50 when his best time is actually 4:01.

Fingers crossed lads and lasses. There's a lot riding on it.

And Sandy, make sure YOU vote the right way lass!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Fingers crossed tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on November 05, 2012, 08:50:20 pm by Filo »
What`s the betting that Mick has backed Romney to win?

Also, asking the Yanks to be sensible? you`re having a laugh!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 05, 2012, 09:58:14 pm by The L J Monk »
Possibly expectations were too high, and possibly the job was more difficult than anyone could have imagined, but to say Obama has been a disappointment would be an understatement.

He'd still get my vote over Mitt though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 05, 2012, 10:48:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
LJ
He has, but there's been a huge amount of blocking of his policies by the Republicans. It's looked like the Republicans putting hobbling the President above national interest.

If he wins tomorrow, I expect to see a far more aggressive approach to forcing policies through Congress. He doesn't have to pander to public opinion any more.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 05, 2012, 10:57:51 pm by mjdgreg »
I am firmly in the Romney camp. Obama has been a disaster. He's spent trillions and wasted most of it. Time for the USA to start living within their means. Took 7/4 on Romney winning a couple of weeks ago at Ladbrokes.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 05, 2012, 11:05:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Mick

It figures. Economic illiteracy and bare-faced lies have characterised Romney's campaign.

Doesn't surprise me that you support him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 05, 2012, 11:35:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
PS Mick

You being the high rolling gambler, why not take the 10/3 that you can get on Romney tonight?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 05, 2012, 11:41:43 pm by jucyberry »
Why would anyone vote for a moron who thinks aeroplanes should have opening windows and that women can't get pregnant if they are raped?

as my mum says, that Obama he's a nice little man..lol

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 06, 2012, 12:04:54 am by The L J Monk »
Why would anyone vote for a moron who thinks...women can't get pregnant if they are raped?

Is that a reference to Todd Akin? I think Romney has sought to distance himself somewhat from those remarks.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 06, 2012, 12:19:49 am by mjdgreg »
You being the high rolling gambler, why not take the 10/3 that you can get on Romney tonight?

Unfortunately Obama is going to win because of the hurricane. I didn't factor this in when placing my bet with Ladbrokes. A natural disaster is going to be followed by a man-made one.

Anyway I'll still be quids in as the price of gold will rocket as the money printing continues under Obama. I am heavily invested in gold and gold miners so an Obama victory will be more beneficial for me financially. That said, I would still prefer Romney to win because I will still survive quite comfortably without the increase in the gold price.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 06, 2012, 07:24:34 am by Dagenham Rover »
So you wait untill after the "Last Weekend" voting then when all the polls especially the swing state ones are coming in
 you change your mind and deceide that Obama will win purely because of the storm.  :s

Youve been watching too much Gold Rush on the Discovery channel, whats it next a free gold nugget with every Betterware order over a fiver
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:28:05 am by Dagenham.Rover »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 06, 2012, 10:13:43 am by MrFrost »

Unfortunately Obama is going to win because of the hurricane. I didn't factor this in when placing my bet with Ladbrokes. A natural disaster is going to be followed by a man-made one.

Anyway I'll still be quids in as the price of gold will rocket as the money printing continues under Obama. I am heavily invested in gold and gold miners so an Obama victory will be more beneficial for me financially. That said, I would still prefer Romney to win because I will still survive quite comfortably without the increase in the gold price.

Mick, are you a believer that Obama created the hurricane through HAARP?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 06, 2012, 11:27:56 am by mjdgreg »
mjdgreg, are you a believer that Obama created the hurricane through HAARP?

No. He isn't that bright. For all you ignoramuses out there here is a link explaining what HAARP is:

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/faq.html

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 06, 2012, 01:41:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You have to love these conspiracy theories.

The one that the CIA built thermite into the columns of the World Trade Centre when it was built in the early 70s, so that they could destroy the towers when the opportune moment came three decades later is a classic.

My favourite one was the storm that blew up a few years ago when someone posted on the internet that he had found unequivocal evidence that US Govt, industry and defence corporations were conspiring to keep the chemical Oxygen Dihydride off the FEMA list of deadly chemicals, because it was such a vital ingredient in so many manufacturing processes. The claim was that, even though hundreds of people die each year through ingestion of or immersion in this deadly compound,  the Govt had conspired in building enormous reservoirs of the stuff and a nationwide pipeline system to move it to exactly where industry needed it. They even ignored all the evidence that industrial emissions of Oxygen Dihydride added to environmental problems, producing clouds of vapour of the stuff that contributed to enormous storms.

You still see the odd explosion of indignation on the net every once in a while as someone comes across this disgraceful conspiracy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:43:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

GM-MarkB

« Reply #14 on November 06, 2012, 04:39:25 pm by GM-MarkB »
Aye....you gotta love them conspiracies  :zzz:

http://www.myspace.com/video/drnknmnky52/9-11-in-plain-sight/55843198

Everybody has seen this at some point surely

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 06, 2012, 10:34:36 pm by phllvslc »
Four more years of Obama would destroy the United States even more than it already has.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2012, 11:02:14 pm by The L J Monk »
Four more years of Obama would destroy the United States even more than it already has.

It was in such good shape when he took over wasn't it.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 06, 2012, 11:07:25 pm by mjdgreg »

I totally agree.

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 06, 2012, 11:12:52 pm by phllvslc »
Let's all blame Bush! There's something original.

He has had four years.  Four years of his own policies and his own ideas.  Two years with majorities in both the House and Senate. And what? A failed stimulus and the highly unpopular Obamacare.

Time to face the fact that Obama has failed.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 06, 2012, 11:31:00 pm by The L J Monk »
Did someone mention Bush?

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 06, 2012, 11:32:44 pm by phllvslc »
You alluded to him:

It was in such good shape when he took over wasn't it.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 06, 2012, 11:37:57 pm by The L J Monk »
I alluded to the state of the country when Obama took office.
Personally, I'd not sought to apportion blame to any individual.

However, if you feel the need to defend Bush, good for you.

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 06, 2012, 11:39:50 pm by phllvslc »
I feel the need to point out that the Obama administration was elected to fix this economy.

And hasn't.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 06, 2012, 11:41:27 pm by The L J Monk »
Fix the economy?

I assume it somehow got broken...?

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 06, 2012, 11:46:27 pm by phllvslc »
Yes, the economy wasn't in the best of shape.  It still isn't.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 06, 2012, 11:52:01 pm by The L J Monk »
Intriguing.

Presumably, this Mitt chap has some cracking ideas on how to put things right?

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 06, 2012, 11:57:40 pm by phllvslc »
Yeah, it's centred on not spending more money than the United States can afford.  It's centered on cutting the deficit, and on not burdening the economy with taxes.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 07, 2012, 12:00:49 am by The L J Monk »
Is that different from Obama's plan?

phllvslc

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 07, 2012, 12:13:53 am by phllvslc »
Yeah, it isn't reckless spending that has doubled the national debt.  It isn't all the taxes within Obamacare that are set to take effect in 2013.  It isn't the lack of action to curb rising energy prices.  Just to name a few things.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 07, 2012, 12:23:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Let's all blame Bush! There's something original.

He has had four years.  Four years of his own policies and his own ideas.  Two years with majorities in both the House and Senate. And what? A failed stimulus and the highly unpopular Obamacare.

Time to face the fact that Obama has failed.

Go on then spadger. I'll bite.

1) I guess you've seen how rapidly GDP bounced back into growth and unemployment stopped its stratospheric rise as the stimulus package kicked in from late 09? And how growth tailed off and unemployment stopped falling after the Republicans took control of the House and pushed through spending cuts?

2) Since you moved to the States, you're probably better placed to answer this than I am. Do they have a different definition of "highly unpopular" over there than the one I am used to? See, I've just seen some polling data that says 45% of Americans want to repeal Obamacare and 47% want to keep it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012