Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 11:50:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No more no more  (Read 12704 times)

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
No more no more
« on November 06, 2012, 10:21:00 pm by donnygeoff »
Sorry but that is it.  Cannot afford to waste £20.  Absolute shocking. Gutless, spineless, always second to the ball.  Martis would not get in my sons school side. Why cannot we do the basics.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: No more no more
« Reply #1 on November 06, 2012, 10:22:23 pm by Filo »
See Ya  :byebye:

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 06, 2012, 10:25:11 pm by dumbroofer »
ha ha ha oh and ha, could be waving a few more off too sir

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 06, 2012, 10:27:34 pm by donnygeoff »
Keep waving Filo. You will get tired before we stop spending £20 again.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 06, 2012, 10:28:02 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
for f**k sake take out the emotion....

Good job JR and Dick dont think like that ?

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 06, 2012, 10:29:39 pm by donnygeoff »
They have both got plenty of money. I work hard for my £200  a week.  More than what some of them did tonight

rovgers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 06, 2012, 10:32:59 pm by rovgers »
Hot dog was nice at half time! Cuckoo!! :woot:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 06, 2012, 10:35:29 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
They have both got plenty of money. I work hard for my £200  a week.  More than what some of them did tonight

Get a grip, they put a shift in but some players not good enough.

We also never took our chances ......

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 06, 2012, 10:40:09 pm by MrFrost »
Plenty were walking out tonight saying they won't be returning until our performances improve.
I'll be there on saturday, but not because I enjoy it. Because i'm stupid.

Give me an away game any day.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 06, 2012, 10:43:23 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Plenty were walking out tonight saying they won't be returning until our performances improve.
I'll be there on saturday, but not because I enjoy it. Because i'm stupid.

Give me an away game any day.

The performance was better than Brentford but we didnt take our chances.

Hume and Keegan missing sitters

pubteam

« Reply #10 on November 06, 2012, 10:47:46 pm by pubteam »
Do the supporters of every team overreact like this when they play poorly and lose?

Jesus christ, you'd think this was happening every week. We've just come off a run of six wins in seven.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 06, 2012, 10:50:22 pm by MrFrost »
Do the supporters of every team overreact like this when they play poorly and lose?

Jesus christ, you'd think this was happening every week. We've just come off a run of six wins in seven.

The poor home performances is pissing people off though. 5400 there tonight despite the run of wins.
Just goes to show results aren't everything. People want to see a good game with excitement.

Personally, I don't care. As long as there is a degree of effort and we carve a result out. But home games are really boring, and it feels like a chore being there.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 06, 2012, 10:53:03 pm by dumbroofer »

The poor home performances is pissing people off though. 5400 there tonight despite the run of wins.
Just goes to show results aren't everything. People want to see a good game with excitement.

Personally, I don't care. As long as there is a degree of effort and we carve a result out. But home games are really boring, and it feels like a chore being there.

imo mr frost you have hit the nail bang on the head

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 06, 2012, 10:53:34 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Their not supporters mate ..........

Turning their back on the club cos we didnt win .....

pubteam

« Reply #14 on November 06, 2012, 10:55:42 pm by pubteam »

I think midweek attendances will always be lower than Saturdays. Before this, the Preston game was our lowest crowd of the season (5600). We lost that game and then got 6400 in for the Shrewsbury game on the Saturday.

There were probably a similar number of home fans there as the last midweek league game, it's just that there were only about 6 away fans there tonight. I don't think the crowds are really indicative of performance at the moment. Yes they may shoot up if we're top of the league and drop a bit if we sink down towards the bottom, but I think they'll be much of a muchness this season.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 06, 2012, 10:59:02 pm by andysly »
I and the 2 blokes I go with all said that we don't actually look forward to the games anymore, we'll keep going but it's more chore than enjoyment.
Yes we've had a decent run of results but as I said before the game how many of those 6 wins from 7 have we actually deserved?
In my opinion probably 3. Chesterfield, Notts and Bradford. Most of the rest we've got away with by luck and dogged defending.
Tonight we got what's been coming

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2012, 11:00:42 pm by MrFrost »

I think midweek attendances will always be lower than Saturdays. Before this, the Preston game was our lowest crowd of the season (5600). We lost that game and then got 6400 in for the Shrewsbury game on the Saturday.

There were probably a similar number of home fans there as the last midweek league game, it's just that there were only about 6 away fans there tonight. I don't think the crowds are really indicative of performance at the moment. Yes they may shoot up if we're top of the league and drop a bit if we sink down towards the bottom, but I think they'll be much of a muchness this season.

We've had pretty much 18 months of shite performances at home. A sure fire way of losing fans. I don't think the players enjoy playing at the KMS, and I don't think our supporters enjoy being there either. Tonight made me realise just what a horrible, soulless place it is. I know the VSC have done a lot to try and improve the matchday experience and atmosphere, but unfortunately it's the same old story at home games.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 06, 2012, 11:02:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Difficult to be objective after and abject poor performance like that. Yes, there is a bright side, tomorrow's another day and the league table will show we're still up there.

However, it is difficult to watch and it seems the away supporters are getting the better end of the deal at the moment.

Performances like this seem to exaggerate our weaknesses and there are too many to patch up without clearing out a 'few' and bringing in a 'few'.

I'm sure Deano will be doing his head in thinking about picking up the pieces and calling Rob Jones every hour to check if he's ok.

If only we had 4 Rob Jones' and 5 James Husbands and Ian Hume we'd piss this this league !

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 06, 2012, 11:09:10 pm by MachoMadness »
I agree with DBR, this style of football is great and refreshing when we win but when we lose it's very hard to defend. Very difficult indeed to be philosophical because we have still made a good start and we're still up there even after that dire showing. We were in such good form, had three great wins on the spin and to turn out a performance like that is hugely disappointing.

I knew we were beat as soon as Jones went off. We didn't have a single creative player on the pitch tonight and looked totally bereft of ideas. Need Cotts back badly.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 06, 2012, 11:15:43 pm by bedale rover »
we definitely are an away team as the home performances have bar one abysmal
a crewe put together with spit and papier mache were good value for their win
we almost need 2 sides an adventurous home side who run into space and take their chances
and a dogged dour defensive away side

as the home side we need to entertain our own fans
 please

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 06, 2012, 11:22:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
My concern is with Harper. After a decent start to his time here, as each game goes by he's becoming less effective and becoming more like Blades' fans description of him "All mouth and no trousers".

What with him, Keegan and now Clingan we're struggling to find a proper anchor in midfield. We need someone who isn't content to sit on Rob Jones' toes for much of the game and is prepared to push to team forward. Sitting as deep as Harper does puts more stress on Woods and Keegan as they are often outnumbered in midfield.

I hoped Keegan had turned the corner but tonight he was totally exposed but, as said before that's probably because the whole team performance wasn't up to any standard.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 06, 2012, 11:27:47 pm by mushRTID »
My concern is with Harper. After a decent start to his time here, as each game goes by he's becoming less effective and becoming more like Blades' fans description of him "All mouth and no trousers".

What with him, Keegan and now Clingan we're struggling to find a proper anchor in midfield. We need someone who isn't content to sit on Rob Jones' toes for much of the game and is prepared to push to team forward. Sitting as deep as Harper does puts more stress on Woods and Keegan as they are often outnumbered in midfield.

I hoped Keegan had turned the corner but tonight he was totally exposed but, as said before that's probably because the whole team performance wasn't up to any standard.

Harper will be out with an arm injury soon with all the pointing he does.

I cant understand why we didnt give Clingan minutes tonight. We should be doing all we can to get him upto speed, not leaving him on the bench. From what I remember he is a better midfielder than Woods, Keegan, Syers, Harper...why not give him game time?

pubteam

« Reply #22 on November 06, 2012, 11:35:18 pm by pubteam »

We've had pretty much 18 months of shite performances at home. A sure fire way of losing fans. I don't think the players enjoy playing at the KMS, and I don't think our supporters enjoy being there either. Tonight made me realise just what a horrible, soulless place it is. I know the VSC have done a lot to try and improve the matchday experience and atmosphere, but unfortunately it's the same old story at home games.

I don't disagree with most of that. I don't think performances at home are doing anything to improve the matchday experience. What I'm saying is, we've had all this stuff before about how there were only 5,500 in and that was put down to performances driving people away. It was said after the Preston game, but then we got 6,500 in the following Saturday, and at that point in the season we weren't on the sort of run we found ourselves on before tonight's game.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 06, 2012, 11:38:06 pm by timdrfc »
Absolutley hit the nail on the head !

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 06, 2012, 11:47:55 pm by Jimmydee »
Donnygeoff, was it you that had the same moan (Grumble) on praise and grumble tonight?.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 06, 2012, 11:53:32 pm by timdrfc »
FIRST DEFEAT IN 8 games & 6th in league with a new team this season under tremendous  constraints & you want to stop supporting your team ! What a joke !

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 06, 2012, 11:55:44 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Donnygeoff, was it you that had the same moan (Grumble) on praise and grumble tonight?.

Called himself Alan on there and I was embarrassed to be a Rovers fan.

His comment re Martis was the same and came across terribly mainly cos he was ranting, not thinking his opinion through. 

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 07, 2012, 01:13:39 am by bobjimwilly »
I was on at the end of Praise or Grumble and said I disagreed with the previous Rovers caller. Made sure I mentioned what a crap league it is this year and has gone backwards in terms of quality in the 4 years we have been away. I also mentioned the poor refs in this league, but then Paul cut me off saying he wanted to finish on a high  :laugh:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 07, 2012, 02:03:04 am by Mr1Croft »
I don't think we have reached a point in our season where supporters should be ripping their season tickets up and walking out swearing never to return. But we should be able to draw a line from tonight and say no more.

We aren't going to win every game but we left tonight we no dignity, there was no passion on the pitch and that ultimately flooded the atmosphere off the pitch as well. Even the Crewe fans looked like they didn't enjoy watching their team beat a team that looked deflated at best.

We aren't at a disaster point, but there is a general cause for concern about how we approach home games. After BPA on Saturday everything felt stale despite winning and tonight's performance did nothing to help that feeling go away...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:14:38 pm by Mr1Croft »

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #29 on November 07, 2012, 04:32:09 am by Rovin Reporter »
Sorry but that is it.  Cannot afford to waste £20.  Absolute shocking. Gutless, spineless, always second to the ball.  Martis would not get in my sons school side. Why cannot we do the basics.
Keep off Radio De Da

TinyPortal © 2005-2012