Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:15:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No more no more  (Read 12708 times)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Re: No more no more
« Reply #30 on November 07, 2012, 09:24:09 am by Jimmydee »
I guessed that it was donnygeoff because his rant on this forum was the same wording on radio dee da. 

Bobjimwilly, I heard your radio chat and thought that you were too positive, but you were correct in saying that the quality of football is worse than the last time that we were in this league, it is also true that the quality of referees are poor too.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 07, 2012, 12:43:26 pm by mjg »
well said donnygeoff, lets go the pub instead and watch gillet soccer saturday ha ha

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 07, 2012, 12:44:36 pm by mjg »
wave to me FILO. am not going anymore

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 07, 2012, 01:07:11 pm by hoolahoop »

I'm fed up to the back teeth too but your 'fair weather' attitude sickens me as a supporter, unfortunately..........there are many many more like you :(

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 07, 2012, 01:18:19 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

I'm fed up to the back teeth too but your 'fair weather' attitude sickens me as a supporter, unfortunately..........there are many many more like you :(

Dont get the mindset?

The lads put a shift in last night and more than matched the physical side see fouls/ yellow cards(ref crazy with fouls and cards).

You cant say they didnt try that is totally unfair.

Did they take wrong opitions? yes
Did yes play wrong system?yes
Did/ do certain players lack quality? yes clearly

So why go and watch a Div One match?
If you want to watch a team that win every week watch Man U?

All we ask is they put the effort in and they did!!!

Part of the community to many and as I said before its good job JR and Dick dont think like the OP.....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 07, 2012, 01:20:30 pm by Filo »

:byebye:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 07, 2012, 01:23:41 pm by hoolahoop »
I agree with most of your points Norfolk but sorry the effort wasn't there judging by how many times we lost the 2nd. ball last night and how some treated the ball like a stick of dynamite. Are you sure you went ?  :blink:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 07, 2012, 01:25:08 pm by hoolahoop »

Why do you do that rather than address his remarks/concerns with counter arguments ?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 07, 2012, 01:30:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I agree with most of your points Norfolk but sorry the effort wasn't there judging by how many times we lost the 2nd. ball last night and how some treated the ball like a stick of dynamite. Are you sure you went ?  :blink:

The ball that sticks out for me was Keegan passing into touch from 6 yards to Mr invisable ....Yes why did he do that?

Rushing? Listening to the crowd too much to get forward? Concentration?

Probably all of these....

Dont believe any off this was he couldnt be arsed.

SO many factors influence a game but one of main ones is I dont believe the team like playing at KM and too be honest I can see why....too much moaning and its time the fans upped their game!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 07, 2012, 01:31:00 pm by Filo »

Why do you do that rather than address his remarks/concerns with counter arguments ?

He asked me to give him a wave, he never put forward an argument to counter!

So a wave he got, glory fans piss me off!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 07, 2012, 01:35:34 pm by hoolahoop »

You're going to run out of supporters to do this to soon at this rate ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 07, 2012, 01:36:38 pm by Filo »

Only the glory hunters

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 07, 2012, 01:45:29 pm by hoolahoop »

Only the glory hunters

I think they've long gone.......................but we could do with their cash though to get some players in. We lose say 200 and we've lost a £2,000 p.w. wage.We need them back!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 07, 2012, 02:52:55 pm by silent majority »

'If you can't support us when we lose or draw, then we don't want you to support us when we win'

Bill Shankly RIP

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 07, 2012, 02:57:23 pm by Mr1Croft »

'If you can't support us when we lose or draw, then we don't want you to support us when we win'

Bill Shankly RIP

Nice quote, but did he really have much experience in running at third tier club that has cut its cloth accordingly and does need as many supporters through the gate as possible?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 07, 2012, 03:00:32 pm by silent majority »

Bill Shankly RIP

Nice quote, but did he really have much experience in running at third tier club that has cut its cloth accordingly and does need as many supporters through the gate as possible?

Irrelevant Lee, its about the philosophy of being a football supporter, you can't justify your position by stating a position in the league.

And you should know by now, that if people only supported their clubs when they were winning then most of us would have given up many years ago. We're not customers, we're supporters.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 07, 2012, 03:08:06 pm by Mr1Croft »

Bill Shankly RIP

Irrelevant Lee, its about the philosophy of being a football supporter, you can't justify your position by stating a position in the league.

And you should know by now, that if people only supported their clubs when they were winning then most of us would have given up many years ago. We're not customers, we're supporters.

My comment was tongue in cheek but still, you have hit precisely my point; the differences between a supporter and a customer are only relative to a supporter, to the club its supporters are its customers.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 07, 2012, 03:34:02 pm by yapper1901 »
Do the supporters of every team overreact like this when they play poorly and lose?

Jesus christ, you'd think this was happening every week. We've just come off a run of six wins in seven.

Their not supporters mate ..........

Turning their back on the club cos we didnt win .....

why are they not supporters just because they dont want to waste £20 a game watching the same tripe, by the way was you actually at the game because if you were how can you say they put a shift in appart from hume not one of them gave a crap last night including our so called manager

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 07, 2012, 06:10:18 pm by wilts rover »
because they are not putting any money or effort into the club to make it better in the future

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 07, 2012, 07:06:07 pm by nice one rovers »
"Even the Crewe fans looked like they didn't enjoy watching their team beat a team that looked deflated at best."

I don't know about that,I only looked over to them twice, and I seem to remember them jumping about all over the place and singing!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 07, 2012, 08:14:58 pm by drfc1951 »
I agree with most of your points Norfolk but sorry the effort wasn't there judging by how many times we lost the 2nd. ball last night and how some treated the ball like a stick of dynamite. Are you sure you went ? :blink:
The ball that sticks out for me was Keegan passing into touch from 6 yards to Mr invisable ....Yes why did he do that? Rushing? Listening to the crowd too much to get forward? Concentration? Probably all of these.... Dont believe any off this was he couldnt be arsed. SO many factors influence a game but one of main ones is I dont believe the team like playing at KM and too be honest I can see why....too much moaning and its time the fans upped their game!

I dont like home games anymore because of all the moaning,last night they were moaning from the first minute.Moaning because we passed it back to the keeper,even though it was the best option moaning just for the sake of it.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 08, 2012, 09:23:10 am by mjg »
glory fan . dont make me laugh. i been going 40 years so ive seen it all.
i am just sick of watching rubbish football,ive seen poor teams in the past but the effort of the poor teams in the past made it enjoyable,this side can  not put 2 passes together and run round the pitch like they have not got a clue what they are doing, i have never been to a rovers game before waiting for the final whistle to go to put me out of my misery .

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 08, 2012, 09:55:57 am by besty »
I drive 180miles and spend £50 of my hard earned money watching rovers at home.
I go to watch my team but I go for a days entertainment as well.It dosent matter if we win lose or draw I want to come away from the game having enjoyed it and wanting more.

We beat Shrewsbury and Brentford but I still found the games as boring and unentertaining as the Crewe and Preston games.
I can understand us playing like we do away from home it works ,but not at the Keepmoat.
I really hate to say it but Im struggling to get excited or even motivated to waste another day going on Saturday and I havent felt like this for years.

Does this make me a glory hunter?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 08, 2012, 10:58:13 am by The Red Baron »
Having reflected on this for a day or so since Tuesday night, what gets me is that there seems to be a great difference in how we approach home and away games.

Away from home we appear to have a plan. We aim to be solid, difficult to break down and to try and take chances on the break. It might not be pretty, but it works. At home, there seems to be no plan at all. We appear vulnerable to conceding goals and we then get forced into trying to chase the game. When we do this we soon begin to squander possession and make our task more difficult.

We also seem to believe that every team that comes to the Keepmoat will defend in numbers and try to draw us out, yet when both Brentford and Crewe moved the ball quickly and were willing to attack, we struggled to cope.

Unless we change our approach to playing at home then I can't see the experience- and our record at home- improving significantly and we will struggle to attract better crowds.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 08, 2012, 11:11:07 am by MachoMadness »
glory fan . dont make me laugh. i been going 40 years so ive seen it all.
i am just sick of watching rubbish football,ive seen poor teams in the past but the effort of the poor teams in the past made it enjoyable,this side can  not put 2 passes together and run round the pitch like they have not got a clue what they are doing, i have never been to a rovers game before waiting for the final whistle to go to put me out of my misery .

Are you serious? After 40 supposed years, THIS is the least enjoyable Rovers side you've seen that's crossed the line and that you just can't bear to watch anymore? The one that's made our best start to a season in over a quarter of a century and has a real chance of winning promotion from the third tier?   Come on mate, that's a total knee jerk reaction and you know it is.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 08, 2012, 12:48:08 pm by CusworthRovers »
As above and having also reflected over the last few days, I'm switching my thoughts to Born-mouth.

I have to say though, there are many many saying they will not come and watch this, implying they will not renew.

The best advert for the club is either folks (us fans) talking about it and bigging it up.....sadly that's proving hard to do

Results and success........well we're getting this to some degree, so just need the fans now

I've read many of the posts and sadly I'm also finding it a chore for home games. That said, I'll keep coming, I always do! It's just another chapter in the big DRFC book.

I'll still stick with the 45mins at Orient and 90 at Notts County as the only times they've looked something like and I've actually thought we will win, we look better, we look organised. Sadly on all the other times we've either grinded out a victory (which is a positive) or scored a wonder goal (which is a positive) or played many of our 'get out of jail cards' to sneak home.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 08, 2012, 12:52:59 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
The only thing I'm arsed about is our league position and that's more than satisfactory at the moment thank you.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 08, 2012, 01:10:03 pm by CusworthRovers »
A valid point Stu.

Below is fair and unbiased, but still my opinion only

Looking at our position and points tally, I would give us 8-9/10

Looking at our performances, I would give 3-4/10

It opens up a huge debate on which one you focus on (ideally both)

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 08, 2012, 03:41:55 pm by Beerseller »
Ok, here goes, I expect to be shot down by a fair few of you but please try and think about what I'm saying.

I'm a ST holder and have been since 1983.  I'm not going to the Keepmoat on Saturday because, just lately, I don't enjoy it at all.  There are four of us, all STs, all feel the same, all going to watch Armthorpe play at Maltby on Saturday.  That's four of us who've already paid our money but are not wanting to go.

This isn't a reaction to Tuesday night, this was something we've talked about for a few weeks and which came to a head as we went home after the Brentford match.  We didn't bother going to the Bradford PA match and went to watch Armthorpe Welfare instead - and enjoyed it.

As things stand, there are almost certainly two of us won't be renewing our season tickets (even if we get promoted) unless the match day experience as a whole changes for the better.  I expect I will attend the night matches but on Saturdays it likely to be non-league day every week.

If we lose the next ten matches but the experience improves, I'm confident we will be happy to return.  So for us its not a results thing.

Fire away.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 08, 2012, 04:09:53 pm by DonnyNoel »

Dont get the mindset?

The lads put a shift in last night and more than matched the physical side see fouls/ yellow cards(ref crazy with fouls and cards).

You cant say they didnt try that is totally unfair.

Did they take wrong opitions? yes
Did yes play wrong system?yes
Did/ do certain players lack quality? yes clearly

So why go and watch a Div One match?
If you want to watch a team that win every week watch Man U?

All we ask is they put the effort in and they did!!!

Part of the community to many and as I said before its good job JR and d**k dont think like the OP.....

I don't agree with a lot of the hyperbole in your posts but fairs fair - thats spot on. Players at this level are at this level as they are capable of both the good and the shit and thats to be expected. Even under SOD with a midfield of Stock, Green, Wellens and Copps we never dominated for a full season. Irrespective of the opinions of recent performances, shit like Tuesday will happen again as its L1. What surprises me most is how people appear to have forgotten what the 90's were like in spells regarding quality.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012