Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:41:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: VSC car park  (Read 6516 times)

RTID75

• VSC Member
VSC car park
« on November 07, 2012, 01:31:00 pm by RTID75 »
Was told last night it might be closing for good, and was also told the club are involved. I hope this is not true on both counts. If so, Rovers, please don't price me out of supporting and attending.

Every home match, all in, costs me about £60 already. It's going to be very hard to justify finding more money for safe parking.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:33:25 pm by RTID75 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
Re: VSC car park
« Reply #1 on November 07, 2012, 01:35:17 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Was told last night it might be closing for good, and was also told the club are involved. I hope this is not true on both counts. If so, Rovers, please don't price me out of supporting and attending.

Every home match, all in, costs me about £60 already. It's going to be very hard to justify finding more money for safe parking.

Park behind Porcelanosa, safe enough there and it's free.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 07, 2012, 01:38:32 pm by RTID75 »
There's nothing safe about parking on the street unfortunately. My car was broken into during a Rovers match on a Tuesday night in 2009 leaving me nearly 100 miles from home with no transport and with work the next day. Not going there again!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 07, 2012, 01:48:01 pm by River Don »
It would be unfortunate if the car park were to close. Speaking to Dereck on the gate I believe the building at the site maybe getting new tenants soon and that would be the main problem. I suppose the VSC could always approach them to see if the current arrangements might be able to continue.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 07, 2012, 01:54:07 pm by mushRTID »
Given all the space in the stadiums main car parks this season im sure a section could be set aside for the VSC.

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 07, 2012, 01:57:50 pm by adge »
no one breaks into a car unless something in clear view makes it worthwhile. 
use the boot
plenty of spaces in the chinese food yard too

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 07, 2012, 02:01:04 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
There's nothing safe about parking on the street unfortunately. My car was broken into during a Rovers match on a Tuesday night in 2009 leaving me nearly 100 miles from home with no transport and with work the next day. Not going there again!

The Car Park behind Porcelanosa, not on the road. Its great for a quick escape.   :thumbsup:

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 07, 2012, 02:11:18 pm by RTID75 »
use the boot

I know all about not leaving things on display. This was my radio - an item that couldn't be put in the boot. I'd not feel safe anywhere unmanned.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 07, 2012, 02:41:21 pm by silent majority »
All,

There is a bit more to this that I can't explain just yet. If you will bear with me for a few days then I'll happily give you chapter and verse.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 07, 2012, 02:43:02 pm by donnygreenjeans »
 I've always parked my car in the Trax fm car park for free since I've been going to the Keepmoat and all the time it's been safe, £60+ a season to park your car, I feel rich.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 07, 2012, 04:59:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's plenty of reasonably safe car parks down around Trax FM.

As my employer is taking up residence in Beresfords old building, where a number of us are Rovers fans, in the new year, so we may be able to cut a deal !!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 07, 2012, 05:01:32 pm by Filo »
There's plenty of reasonably safe car parks down around Trax FM.

As my employer is taking up residence in Beresfords old building, where a number of us are Rovers fans, in the new year, so we may be able to cut a deal !!

I might be wrong, but is n`t that the VSC car park now?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 07, 2012, 05:54:48 pm by StocktonRover »
use the boot

I know all about not leaving things on display. This was my radio - an item that couldn't be put in the boot. I'd not feel safe anywhere unmanned.

Get a grip - are you seriously saying that you never park ANYWHERE unless its manned, not even at work, out shopping in a town centre, on a day out, etc.

I've had cars broken into many years ago when car radios where easily stolen and easily sold on. They're no longer as valued by the criminal fraternity as with more radios built into the fabric of the car they are not interchangeable.

I've parked on streets around Sandy lane ever since we moved to the keepmoat and never had a second thought about it. It's a residential area and as such there are always people walking around or looking out from behind their curtains.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 07, 2012, 06:04:55 pm by MrFrost »
use the boot

Get a grip - are you seriously saying that you never park ANYWHERE unless its manned, not even at work, out shopping in a town centre, on a day out, etc.

I've had cars broken into many years ago when car radios where easily stolen and easily sold on. They're no longer as valued by the criminal fraternity as with more radios built into the fabric of the car they are not interchangeable.

I've parked on streets around Sandy lane ever since we moved to the keepmoat and never had a second thought about it. It's a residential area and as such there are always people walking around or looking out from behind their curtains.

I know someone who was broken into in a manned car park, and the culprit was the person manning the car park.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 07, 2012, 06:20:38 pm by RTID75 »
Stockton, please don't tell me to get a grip. I had a very, very expensive aftermarket head unit stolen a stones throw from Sandy Lane, and a couple of years before that I had it stolen in Coventry too. After the second time I decided enough was enough and apart from supermarket car parks for a short while I never leave my car in public places. It's parked securely at home and I pay for parking to get the car off the street for work too.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 07, 2012, 06:44:21 pm by ridgewoodrover »
costs £100 for a car  park  pass  in car park  no 2, split  between 3   of us. i know it is not  suitable  for  the  single   dvr but it  is  ideal for us   &  the  money  goes to the  club

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 07, 2012, 06:48:53 pm by Filo »
costs £100 for a car  park  pass  in car park  no 2, split  between 3   of us. i know it is not  suitable  for  the  single   dvr but it  is  ideal for us   &  the  money  goes to the  club

I have the same pass and I`m on my own, works out at £4.34 a game

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 09, 2012, 12:05:00 am by bobjimwilly »
For what it's worth, me and my dad both park in the Park Inn car park and have never had a problem. When the new roundabout is finished it is a really quick exit towards the M18 too  :aok:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 09, 2012, 07:34:15 am by Red wizard »
I always park behind cheswolds. Never had any bother and its free.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 09, 2012, 08:40:10 am by ditch_drfc »
Stockton why are you being a prick? If he doesn't park his car anywhere but secure parking then that's his choice. Honestly some people just jump at the chance to be a t**t on here.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 09, 2012, 01:42:34 pm by RTID75 »
Like I said, being left with a car with no passenger front window, 100 miles from home at 10pm on a cold, wet October night with work the next day is not something you ever want to happen again, so I have done everything I can to make sure it doesn't.

I was parked two cars from the end of the road to the aircraft museum, very close to the police house when I got broken into and it was definitely not safe for me that night. I've seen broken glass in other places in that area since, so I wouldn't call behind Cheswolds safe either.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:45:57 pm by RTID75 »

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 09, 2012, 01:52:55 pm by shaun from thorne »
I wish my car was broken into and the radio stolen...............they took the f..in car.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 09, 2012, 02:00:59 pm by MrFrost »
Like I said, being left with a car with no passenger front window, 100 miles from home at 10pm on a cold, wet October night with work the next day is not something you ever want to happen again, so I have done everything I can to make sure it doesn't.

I was parked two cars from the end of the road to the aircraft museum, very close to the police house when I got broken into and it was definitely not safe for me that night. I've seen broken glass in other places in that area since, so I wouldn't call behind Cheswolds safe either.

You car can be broken in to anywhere. Part and parcel of having a car. Like I said, someone I know was broken into in a secure car park by the car park attendant!!

What do you do if you go to the cinema or something like that? Car parks at places like that aren't secure.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 09, 2012, 03:46:48 pm by RTID75 »
Answer - I don't.

I know that nowhere is totally safe, but like I said, I now do all I possibly can to avoid another break in. Not parking in unsafe public places is the obvious first choice to facilitate that.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 09, 2012, 03:49:57 pm by MrFrost »
Answer - I don't.

I know that nowhere is totally safe, but like I said, I now do all I possibly can to avoid another break in. Not parking in unsafe public places is the obvious first choice to facilitate that.

I'd ditch the car to be honest then. Problem solved.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 09, 2012, 03:55:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
RTID, please be patient it's something the VSC is actively working on as SM has said and an update will be provided.

As for the meantime, try out the KMS parking for a game or two, or find a safe alternative of which there are many (though don't park West stand side when Martis is attempting one of his wayward long balls, that could damage your car).

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 09, 2012, 03:57:50 pm by MrFrost »
By the way, that didn't mean ditch your car completely, more use public transport if you are unsure of parking!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 09, 2012, 04:02:25 pm by The Red Baron »
By the way, that didn't mean ditch your car completely, more use public transport if you are unsure of parking!

As he has a 100-mile drive home (like me) then I don't think public transport is a viable alternative.

I park at the KMS (CP3) even though it costs me a fiver a game. No problems and since the crowds dropped off easy enough to get away after the game (judging by the "No More, No More" thread this may get even easier!)

RTID75- you don't live in the West Midlands, do you?

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 09, 2012, 08:26:48 pm by RTID75 »
Close - Bedworth, Warwickshire.

The day public transport takes me from Bedworth to KMS I'll let you know Frosty. ;-)

Not paying £5 for parking, hence my second point in the first post.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 09, 2012, 08:27:50 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Get in with the Red Baron pal. Share a pint and some conversation.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012