Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:44:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sorry Boys!  (Read 10574 times)

rovgers

• Forum Member
Sorry Boys!
« on November 10, 2012, 04:52:23 pm by rovgers »
What an absolute pathetic performance this evening!! Enuff said!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Re: Sorry Boys!
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2012, 04:58:12 pm by roverstillidie91 »
0 points from a possible 6 points following on from 2 home games

Disapointing seeing as we had them great results at Tranmere and Notts County

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2012, 05:08:24 pm by colincramb »
Always a tricky one was this, they have won something like 6 in the last 7. The fact is though we have to turn this home form around, it is unrealistic to expect us to keep winning away.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2012, 05:08:57 pm by MrFrost »
Shit. One shot on target says it all

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 10, 2012, 05:24:03 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Could be worse - we could be Leeds - 1-6 at home to Watford

(where's the emoticon for crocodile tears?)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 10, 2012, 05:25:09 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Would have had a point out of it but for Mr Calamity between the sticks again though,

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 10, 2012, 05:26:21 pm by Filo »
One word Shocking!

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 10, 2012, 05:28:59 pm by newyankee »
 If you listen to player at away games, the 400 to 1500 Rovers fans always outshout the opposition fans, when we are at home there are too many who (a) Make no noise at all or (b) shout nothing but rubbish, get him off etc.  If you were in the team where would you prefer to play. This is also after the fair weather supporters who went in  the Championship and to every Wembley game, have packed up and left.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 10, 2012, 05:30:14 pm by newyankee »
 By the way I am 3,500 miles away so have to listen to player, its difficult and expensive to get to games.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 10, 2012, 05:34:25 pm by Akinfenwa »
The performance that some folk were after was there, we passed the ball around and controlled the game better than I've seen this season. However we created nothing and it was frustrating to watch. They created nothing either though, it was a thoroughly dull game.

Both keepers each had one shot to save, ours let a really soft shot in, that was the difference. I was encouraged by the passing, just disappointed again with the lack of end product at home.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 10, 2012, 05:39:50 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Absolute Shite, we've only scored seven league goals at home, the only two other teams who have scored seven goals at home in Div 1 are Scunthorpe and Hartlepool and they are in the relegation position, it's just not good enough.
You can clearly understand why fans stay away, the pressure is cranking up on DS.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 10, 2012, 05:41:18 pm by mjdgreg »
Shit. One shot on target says it all

Steady on. You'll be getting this thread closed down talking about stats like that.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 10, 2012, 05:42:37 pm by dumbroofer »
If you listen to player at away games, the 400 to 1500 Rovers fans always outshout the opposition fans, when we are at home there are too many who (a) Make no noise at all or (b) shout nothing but rubbish, get him off etc.  If you were in the team where would you prefer to play. This is also after the fair weather supporters who went in  the Championship and to every Wembley game, have packed up and left.

there are plenty that went pre conference,conference and up through the leagues too that have packed up and left, so i wouldn't say fair weather supporters for all .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 10, 2012, 06:17:14 pm by dickos1 »
The performance that some folk were after was there, we passed the ball around and controlled the game better than I've seen this season. However we created nothing and it was frustrating to watch. They created nothing either though, it was a thoroughly dull game.

Both keepers each had one shot to save, ours let a really soft shot in, that was the difference. I was encouraged by the passing, just disappointed again with the lack of end product at home.
Exactly, people have wanted possession football over results and today that's what we got

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 10, 2012, 06:19:44 pm by MrFrost »

there are plenty that went pre conference,conference and up through the leagues too that have packed up and left, so i wouldn't say fair weather supporters for all .

Alarming to me is the rate people are losing interest with Rovers.

After what we have achieved and built up over the last decade, we are in danger if losing it.

Getting ourselves into a decent league position, then the following two home games see sub 6000 attendances.

Very alarming. And the longer we spend in the division, the more our attendances will fall. We have done nothing to winback the supporters we are losing, and as the last poster mentioned, I know many who have stuck with us through thick and thin have packed up and left, mainly due to last season, and because of how unjoyable home games are.

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 10, 2012, 06:24:33 pm by donnygeoff »
Same again. Say no more. Absolute pathetic

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 10, 2012, 06:32:07 pm by donnievic »
Sounds daft but i think thats the best we have played this season at home apart from not creating any chances which we of course need to,Clingan and Hume wanted the ball  but had nothing once the ball was in their third of the pitch.Paynter and BRrown did well when coming deep to get it but there then was only Husband who managed to get behind their back line and when ever the two did come deep there was no one in the middle

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 10, 2012, 06:36:23 pm by mushRTID »
Sounds daft but i think thats the best we have played this season at home apart from not creating any chances which we of course need to,Clingan and Hume wanted the ball  but had nothing once the ball was in their third of the pitch.Paynter and BRrown did well when coming deep to get it but there then was only Husband who managed to get behind their back line and when ever the two did come deep there was no one in the middle

Exactly! We played ok, much better than Tuesday it was just one of those days

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 10, 2012, 06:42:41 pm by donnievic »
Yeah not got really a problem apart from the chances we created and like you say far better then allother home league games

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 10, 2012, 06:53:44 pm by dickos1 »

Alarming to me is the rate people are losing interest with Rovers.

After what we have achieved and built up over the last decade, we are in danger if losing it.

Getting ourselves into a decent league position, then the following two home games see sub 6000 attendances.

Very alarming. And the longer we spend in the division, the more our attendances will fall. We have done nothing to winback the supporters we are losing, and as the last poster mentioned, I know many who have stuck with us through thick and thin have packed up and left, mainly due to last season, and because of how unjoyable home games are.
I think a lot of that has to do with the shite away followings were getting. Plus a lot of our fans have been spoilt and weren't around when we were a lot worse than we are now.

pubteam

« Reply #20 on November 10, 2012, 06:55:38 pm by pubteam »
I can't see how people can fault the performance really. We passed it really well and controlled much of the game. 5 or 6 players put in really good performances and our shortcomings were never for a lack of effort. Bournemouth were clearly a good side, and on any other day, the ball might have fallen right for us and we might have had a point or all three.

Quite a few people have been calling for a performance - well, you got one today. Me? I'd rather get a scrappy win. But on today's performance, I don't know how anyone can say we were "pathetic" or "shocking." Do folk expect us to play like Barcelona AND win every week? Moan when we win ugly, moan when we lose playing well. Is it just a case of some people will never be satisfied?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 10, 2012, 07:05:00 pm by Barmby Rover »
For the first time ever in ten years I have not listened to or attended a Rovers game. I was talking this morning saying that we were going to lose as we were playing a footballing side, and it seems to be right. Without a decent holding midfield player in the mould of Stock/Wellens we are unable to control play sufficiently to keep an opposition out of the game. We are still lacking that sort of player, or a manager who is able to get people to play that way in my opinion

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 10, 2012, 07:08:41 pm by mushRTID »
For the first time ever in ten years I have not listened to or attended a Rovers game. I was talking this morning saying that we were going to lose as we were playing a footballing side, and it seems to be right. Without a decent holding midfield player in the mould of Stock/Wellens we are unable to control play sufficiently to keep an opposition out of the game. We are still lacking that sort of player, or a manager who is able to get people to play that way in my opinion

Had you attended the game you would have seen Sammy Clingan prove the second half of your post to be nonsense.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 10, 2012, 07:08:50 pm by Red wizard »
I to thought we played well at times. For long spells we kept the ball, we just didn't do anything with it. Clingan played well and we need to get the ball to him more. Paynter was wasted on the wing as was Hume. Brown never won a header all game against a very good Addison and he should of gone off for Blake. We need a keeper and fast, if we are to do anything this season Woods has to be dropped and a better keeper bringing in. We must also get a winger in on loan as we are missing Kyle big time. Cotts looked off the pace but still put some good balls in the box.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 10, 2012, 07:11:31 pm by nortikorner »
MrFrost please join Norfolk N Chance

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 10, 2012, 07:12:55 pm by MrFrost »
MrFrost please join Norfolk N Chance

No.

pubteam

« Reply #26 on November 10, 2012, 07:13:11 pm by pubteam »

I think that's unfair, and I'm not surprised to see you say you didn't go or listen to the game, as it shows in that post.

The fact that AFCB are a footballing side brought it out of us IMO. We passed it very well and put some neat moves together, but just lacked that final ball and cutting edge in the final third. We passed it better than them at times, and our central midfield two of Harper and Clingan were arguably the best players on the field.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 10, 2012, 07:14:23 pm by MrFrost »

I think that's unfair, and I'm not surprised to see you say you didn't go or listen to the game, as it shows in that post.

The fact that AFCB are a footballing side brought it out of us IMO. We passed it very well and put some neat moves together, but just lacked that final ball and cutting edge in the final third. We passed it better than them at times, and our central midfield two of Harper and Clingan were arguably the best players on the field.

See my point that fans who have followed us through thick and thin are losing interest. This goes further to support what i'm saying.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 10, 2012, 07:16:27 pm by MachoMadness »
Moan when we win ugly, moan when we lose playing well. Is it just a case of some people will never be satisfied?

Yes. I thought we'd done enough to get a point today comfortably, if not all three on the balance of play, against a good Bournemouth team who have money to burn. The problem is that performances are subjective, whereas results are not, so really the fans who have an axe to grind won't ever stop complaining about something or other because if we win, it's about the performance not being good enough, and if we lose, well, we lost. If we had top results AND performances we'd be top of the Premiership, but we're in League One, and I'll take getting out of this league by any means necessary with the finances we have.

Only disappointment today (besides the result obviously) was the nature of the goal we conceded. Very soft again.

pubteam

« Reply #29 on November 10, 2012, 07:18:25 pm by pubteam »

See my point that fans who have followed us through thick and thin are losing interest. This goes further to support what i'm saying.

What ARE you saying?

I was talking about the performance, not about people losing interest.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012