Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:18:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gary Woods again!  (Read 10774 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Gary Woods again!
« on November 10, 2012, 05:27:53 pm by Filo »
Get rid! useless

The Titanic went down quicker than he did with that ball that trickled in off the post  :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Gary Woods again!
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2012, 05:29:17 pm by glosterred »
Did it not take a deflection off Chris Brown? If it did then that might have something to do with him not getting down quick enough.

COYR

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2012, 05:30:02 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
The lads a joke, his positional sense if dire, he never commands his area, he takes an age to release the ball from free kicks, I see no positives in his game whatsoever...gid knows how many points he's cost us in the last two seasons.

Ironically, a group of fans in our stand nearby repeatedly chanted 'Ahhh Your Shit' at David James - oh the irony.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2012, 05:32:00 pm by glosterred »
The lads a joke, his positional sense if dire, he never commands his area, he takes an age to release the ball from free kicks, I see no positives in his game whatsoever...gid knows how many points he's cost us in the last two seasons.

Ironically, a group of fans in our stand nearby repeatedly chanted 'Ahhh Your Shit' at David James - oh the irony.

How many points he's cost us this season - its a team game, how many have the strikers cost us by not taking their chances when they have had them

COYR

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 10, 2012, 05:33:04 pm by mushRTID »
From where I was sat it looked as though he was wrong footed and it was right in the corner.

Maybe replays will prove me wrong.

I also notice the word 'again' in the title. I'm assuming this is referring to last year as he's done well this year in my opinion.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 10, 2012, 05:40:07 pm by Filo »
From where I was sat it looked as though he was wrong footed and it was right in the corner.

Maybe replays will prove me wrong.

I also notice the word 'again' in the title. I'm assuming this is referring to last year as he's done well this year in my opinion.

I don`t think he`s done particularly well, he`s just had a decent defence in front of him until recently, as soon as he`s had something to do he`s cocked it up, he`s useless!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 10, 2012, 05:45:06 pm by MachoMadness »
I would agree that Woods has been made to look good by our outstanding defence this season. He's capable of making good saves but he is far too much of a liability when it comes to the basic stuff. He has good reflexes but when he has time to think he is just completely incompetent.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 10, 2012, 05:46:02 pm by goalkick »
total joke.compare home with opposition keepers in match,s the difference in quality is obvious.a lot of disgruntled st holders fed up with displays at home.but lets hope things improve. :scarf:

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 10, 2012, 06:15:57 pm by drfcbenny625 »
To be fair the ball has gone in off the post. For placement you cant get much better

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 10, 2012, 06:26:52 pm by donnievic »
Love it out he always gets be blame,yes could maybe done better with which the pace of the ball but it was well out of his reach and not as though it went under him.Also no one mentioned WHO FOR ME was the one to blame for the goal who was Cotterill for losing the ball easily and the just standing there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 10, 2012, 06:29:14 pm by RedJ »
Love it out he always gets be blame,yes could maybe done better with which the pace of the ball but it was well out of his reach and not as though it went under him.Also no one mentioned WHO FOR ME was the one to blame for the goal who was Cotterill for losing the ball easily and the just standing there.
Hume wasn't it? but yeah I think that had he chased the ball there'd have not been a goal

Rover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 10, 2012, 06:29:47 pm by Rover19 »
Not good enough, it was a standard save you would expect any half decent keeper to make.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 10, 2012, 06:33:53 pm by Akinfenwa »
I've always thought that Gary Woods is a good keeper so long as he doesn't have any saves to make or crosses to catch.

Today he had two things to do: catch a cross, which he dropped and they nearly scored from, and save a trickler from the edge of the area, which somehow went in. Keepers have to deal with more difficult backpasses than the shot for their goal today.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 10, 2012, 06:34:23 pm by donnievic »
Hume wasn't it? but yeah I think that had he chased the ball there'd have not been a goal
Pretty sure it was Cotterill seemed to let the ball bounce then tried to shield it poorly then didnt even track back

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 10, 2012, 06:37:11 pm by donnievic »
I've always thought that Gary Woods is a good keeper so long as he doesn't have any saves to make or crosses to catch.

Today he had two things to do: catch a cross, which he dropped and they nearly scored from, and save a trickler from the edge of the area, which somehow went in. Keepers have to deal with more difficult backpasses than the shot for their goal today.

Which cross was that then must of missed that and thought i watched all the game

pubteam

« Reply #15 on November 10, 2012, 06:45:40 pm by pubteam »
It was piss poor goalkeeping. The shot had no power on it whatsoever. Definitely didn't take a deflection as their player had already gone past Brown from what I remember. He's had harder backpasses to deal with than that, and probably could've controlled it and kicked it away rather than diving.

It's cost us the game. We played alright today, and a 0-0 draw against a good Bournemouth side would've probably been a fair result, but he's let a dolly shot in and we've lost it. If it's true that Watson & co. are making more money available, then I'd be spending it on getting a goalkeeper in.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 10, 2012, 06:49:11 pm by bobbymax »
I can't seriously believe folk are still defending Coco The Clown. Can't or frightened to catch, panics when the ball is at his feet and I'm afraid today's goal just up summed up what most people have known for 18 months - the kid is simply a liability.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 10, 2012, 06:50:20 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Lets face it he drops the obvious balll punches when he could catch, all the basic skills are lacking. The lad needs a loan or whatever somewhere else to learn the basics, this is not a go....i feel for the lad but he is NOT our number one keeper !!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 10, 2012, 06:55:11 pm by eastender »
Pretty sure it was Cotterill seemed to let the ball bounce then tried to shield it poorly then didnt even track back

Your right it was Cotterill ,it was right in front of me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 10, 2012, 07:40:02 pm by Filo »
Lets face it he drops the obvious balll punches when he could catch, all the basic skills are lacking. The lad needs a loan or whatever somewhere else to learn the basics, this is not a go....i feel for the lad but he is NOT our number one keeper !!

The lack of distance on his punches are an embarrassment, I dare let him smack our lass!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #20 on November 10, 2012, 07:48:57 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Get rid! useless

The Titanic went down quicker than he did with that ball that trickled in off the post  :headbang:
Don't talk rubbish he shouldn't have to have been involved in the first place , not one defender did his job , it took a centre forward to get anything like a tackle in . Woods for me did great,  keep off his back .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 10, 2012, 07:54:10 pm by Filo »
Get rid! useless

Don't talk rubbish he shouldn't have to have been involved in the first place , not one defender did his job , it took a centre forward to get anything like a tackle in . Woods for me did great,  keep off his back .

Going on most of your previous posts, your opinion is irrelevant to me!

Sticky-Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 10, 2012, 07:56:01 pm by Sticky-Rover »
Its all right having a go at Woods for not saving that poor shot, but what about the 6 or 7 players not even attempting to close them down. Brown saw the danger and busted his nuts of to come in with a tackle and was unfortunate to not get the ball.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 10, 2012, 07:58:17 pm by JonWallsend »
Get rid! useless

I'm hoping that this post has the same effect on his performance, as your ill timed and unnecessary, 'Where are ya?' thread has had on our results, in that now he has been dismissed as not up to the job, he becomes unbeatable.

For the record I think he has done well this season and, when he proves his worth, I wont be back advising humble pie. He's not outstanding but he's far from the clown that people make out.

Following Rovers has always been about accepting our player's limitations for me, enjoy the good times, dont think we are world beaters after a few wins or reaching all time lows following a defeat. The middle ground- not sure it's allowed in modern society but it does help when following a team like ours.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 10, 2012, 07:58:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think there has been a modest improvement from him this season and he has had a better CB in front of him however, unfortunately he falls short of the standards you expect of a professional keeper.

As many have said previously his basic instincts are not there. A wicket keeper who couldn't catch a ball would not be a wicket keeper for long.  If we were currently playing we'd want the manager to sort it out. 

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 10, 2012, 08:03:48 pm by RedArmy »
david james today - commanded his defence shouting a fair bit and they all new what to do.
gary woods today - didnt seem to say anything.

i still think woods should have a chance personally, but that goal was a stupid goal to conceade.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 10, 2012, 08:26:26 pm by Donnywolf »
Its all right having a go at Woods for not saving that poor shot, but what about the 6 or 7 players not even attempting to close them down. Brown saw the danger and busted his nuts of to come in with a tackle and was unfortunate to not get the ball.

Well said that man.

I could not believe that Brown having ran back like hell and who then got a tackle in to disrupt their attack and yet he seemed to be the only one "bothered" at that point - as the rest then just seeme suprised and were all ball watching and allowed AFCB to unleash a ferocious shot from just inside the area without as much as a block / a tackle or anything else "going in"

Unfortunately it was a very poor goal to concede

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 10, 2012, 08:28:24 pm by Filo »

Well said that man.

I could not believe that Brown having ran back like hell and who then got a tackle in to disrupt their attack and yet he seemed to be the only one "bothered" at that point - as the rest then just seeme suprised and were all ball watching and allowed AFCB to unleash a ferocious shot from just inside the area without as much as a block / a tackle or anything else "going in"

Unfortunately it was a very poor goal to concede

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word ferocious

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 10, 2012, 08:58:36 pm by bobjimwilly »
Woods is a liability. He does not command his own 6 yard box, cannot catch a cross or corner, consistently puts his defenders under pressure by passing them the ball when they are clearly marked, takes far too long to clear balls when being chased down, and now seemingly cannot save tricklers from outside the box.

:facepalm:

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 10, 2012, 09:09:50 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
, and now seemingly cannot save tricklers from outside the box.

:facepalm:

Remember though Bob...a goal via a ball travelling at a pace that would struggle to out pace an arthritic tortoise is not young Gary's fault in the eyes of some.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012