Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 01:39:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Over reactions  (Read 5340 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Over reactions
« on November 10, 2012, 05:31:21 pm by mushRTID »
Don't think we need any tonight. Played well apart from first 25min against a good side. Another day we get a penalty, that lucky goal doesn't go in and something falls for us in the box.

Griffin and Clingan outstanding.

Oh well beer time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Over reactions
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2012, 05:33:19 pm by glosterred »
Thought Husband was good in patches - but wimped out on a couple of 50/50's

COYR

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2012, 05:34:19 pm by dumbroofer »
win the game in hand and we are 4th

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2012, 05:36:07 pm by phil o sophical »
I've seen us play alot worse but we didn't make David James make a save until the 75 minute. Reminded me of the games we played under SOD, loads of possession and doing nothing with it

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 10, 2012, 05:39:39 pm by glosterred »

There is every chance - its away from home!

COYR

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 10, 2012, 05:41:13 pm by MachoMadness »
Thought we were much better today, had a few decent chances which we've been clinical with lately but they just seemed to scuff them all the time. Disappointed with the goal we conceded though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 10, 2012, 05:41:42 pm by Filo »
Don't think we need any tonight. Played well apart from first 25min against a good side. Another day we get a penalty, that lucky goal doesn't go in and something falls for us in the box.

Oh well beer time.

I must have been at a different game, we were as bad as Tuesday in my opinion

John Sitton legend

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 10, 2012, 05:44:20 pm by John Sitton legend »
We were crap saunders has the tactical nous of a blancmange. harper is too 1 dimensional to be a holding midfielder and does more waving his arms than running, build up play is too slow and some players quite clearly don't give a toss!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 10, 2012, 05:46:42 pm by MachoMadness »
We were crap saunders has the tactical nous of a blancmange. harper is too 1 dimensional to be a holding midfielder and does more waving his arms than running, build up play is too slow and some players quite clearly don't give a toss!

How many points have Saunders' subs/tactical changes won us this season? And I don't think lack of effort is something you can throw at this team - lack of ability maybe, but certainly not lack of effort.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 10, 2012, 05:49:05 pm by mushRTID »

Oh well beer time.

Much better than Tuesday for me.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 10, 2012, 05:51:53 pm by RedJ »
Is it an over reaction to consider moving seat next season due to being sick to death of hearing the same moaners no matter what we do or how we play around me?

John Sitton legend

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 10, 2012, 05:55:38 pm by John Sitton legend »

Oh well beer time.

Much better than Tuesday for me.

christ you're easily pleased then

Tazemma

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 10, 2012, 06:06:30 pm by Tazemma »
The players are far better than recent performances suggest and I now believe it is Saunders is holding them back. One up front today with two strikers playing out wide really is poor.

Mid table at best I'm afraid.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 10, 2012, 06:13:31 pm by dickos1 »
We didn't start with paynter out wide but Saunders changed it and put him there after 15 mins. Which coincided with us getting on top for the remainder of the game.
Today was far better than Tuesday we dominated possession for long periods.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 10, 2012, 06:20:38 pm by nortikorner »
the difference from tuesday and today is clingan  and griffin

Tazemma

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 10, 2012, 06:23:01 pm by Tazemma »
Possession with no end product. Chris brown isolated for long periods, build up play too slow and allowing players to get behind the ball.

Tactically we are poor with no pace. David James will not ave an easier game all season away from home. Not once did we make him work in 90 mins.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 10, 2012, 06:41:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
the difference from tuesday and today is clingan  and griffin

That is correct both improve the starting eleven. The display was better than Tuesday, but we lack the killer punch in creativity at home. We have all season. Unless Cotterill can score the speculative goal or Jones gets his head to the ball in the opponents box we look like we cannot score. With Cotterill and Clingan we now have two parts of a better midfield. We do not have any other midfield players of their quality in the squad. They cost money which we do not have. Away from home we can cope and could win games absorb the pressure break away and get some chances. At home we have to make the space and we do not have enough players to unlock the defences. We are in a false position and expectations need to be tempered, unless the manager gets more funds.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 10, 2012, 06:43:57 pm by donnievic »

There is every chance - its away from home!

COYR

It isnt

pubteam

« Reply #18 on November 10, 2012, 06:49:16 pm by pubteam »
Well those who were coming on here making suicidal comments on Tuesday can have no complaints. You asked for a performance and not a result, and that's what you got.

We passed the ball well without really creating much. Bournemouth did the same, and a draw would've probably been a fair result. But who cares, it's all about the performance, right?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 10, 2012, 07:14:05 pm by drfcsteve »
Passing the ball doesn't equal "a performance". We need to play well, if we play well, win lose or draw, then most fans will be happy. Playing poorly and winning seems to have pleased most of the fans but it can't go on forever.

Son of thor

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 10, 2012, 07:17:08 pm by Son of thor »
Is it an over reaction to consider moving seat next season due to being sick to death of hearing the same moaners no matter what we do or how we play around me?    Sit were you want,plenty of spare seats available.  :byebye: 

pubteam

« Reply #21 on November 10, 2012, 07:17:11 pm by pubteam »
Passing the ball doesn't equal "a performance". We need to play well, if we play well, win lose or draw, then most fans will be happy. Playing poorly and winning seems to have pleased most of the fans but it can't go on forever.

But it was a decent performance. We just failed to make it count in the final third, and suffered from the fact that our goalkeeper chucked one in.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 10, 2012, 07:25:10 pm by rtidbelly »
we looked ok in patches, had the possession just seemed to have ran out of ideas of how to get behind teams. people are moaning but it was only last Saturday we was saying how good a job he was doing sitting 5th in league with game in hand. but i do agree with some we need to change something or keepmoat will become a gift shop like anfield has.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 10, 2012, 07:46:31 pm by drfc1951 »
Is it an over reaction to consider moving seat next season due to being sick to death of hearing the same moaners no matter what we do or how we play around me?
Hear hear, all the tactical geniuses around me ,i would love to see them on a football pitch.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #24 on November 10, 2012, 07:52:39 pm by Rovin Reporter »

Oh well beer time.
Your spot on  , but cracks are there because we need to get more players to cover for injuries not playing them out of their natural position.

Sticky-Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 10, 2012, 08:02:30 pm by Sticky-Rover »
Thought we were acceptable to watch, better than most of the season at home. Players need to play off of Brown better though, we'd be scoring a lot more.

Not too sure what Harper brings to the table but he can make some good passes every so often so ill reserve my judgement of him for now.

Need some centre-backs to return a.s.a.p, 4 full-backs in the back line!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 10, 2012, 09:06:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
It didn't look like we had a plan today. Before kick off I was hoping we would play all 3 strikers up front, but it seemed to be just Brown for most of the game, with no-one to pass to when receiving the long ball. Midfield didn't come into it until 2nd half, which is when we looked more in control.

Saying all that, we did have a blatant peno turned down, which might have gave us the point we deserved? The cherries came today with a game plan: get a point. Lucky for them they got an unlikely goal, which they then defended for the whole 2nd half. BBC reckons they had 4 shots on target; I counted 2.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 10, 2012, 11:55:54 pm by dickos1 »
We did start with paynter and brown up front but we were getting overrun. Saunders changed it after 15 mins and we looked a much better side then.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 11, 2012, 12:21:12 am by Rios »

Oh well beer time.

I'm with you Filo.  Some of you are confusing a "performance" with keeping the ball and lacking penetration.  It was lacklustre and plodding against another team that looked poor but did a job on us.  We lack pace and creativity and playing four proper defenders (ie not attacking full-backs) and two defensive midfielders means we're completely reliant on Hume or Cotterill to create something or provide width... which they didn't.  What I would give to have Coppinger back.

Was there any explanation, or can someone ITK please explain why we haven't loaned a centre back?  We've got one out long term, another with an injury record that would make Stephen Hawkings blush and our main centre half who got concussion four days ago and was never likely to play.  I'm not saying Quinn or Spurr did anything particularly wrong but it makes no sense to not get someone in on loan.  We've gone from loaning any donkey that moved last season to almost completely shunning the loan market this.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 12, 2012, 08:53:31 pm by bobjimwilly »
What the hell is wrong with Martis now anyway?  :suicide:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012