Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:35:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the sendings off  (Read 6232 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
the sendings off
« on November 27, 2012, 10:21:00 pm by Filo »
If the ref had n`t have got it wrong when he gave the free kick then both players would n`t have got sent off! It was n`t a free kick Hume just ran past the guy as he kicked the ball, the players follow through caught Hume and over he went, thats why Hume was annoyed, the player over reacted, Hume tried to pull him to his feet and thats when the Keeper decided to raise his hands. The incompetent ref instigated both the sendings off!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: the sendings off
« Reply #1 on November 27, 2012, 10:24:27 pm by mushRTID »
I'm not sure on the rules to be honest but shouldn't the keeper have already been booked for handling out the area? Irrelevant to the incident you describe but just wondering.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 27, 2012, 10:27:51 pm by Filo »
I'm not sure on the rules to be honest but shouldn't the keeper have already been booked for handling out the area? Irrelevant to the incident you describe but just wondering.

He should have but was n`t, did Hume get a second yellow for back chatting the ref?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 27, 2012, 10:29:20 pm by mushRTID »

Think the 2nd was for dragging the player up from the floor. At least that's what the ref seemed to indicate when Hume asked why.

He should have but was n`t, did Hume get a second yellow for back chatting the ref?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 27, 2012, 10:31:58 pm by GazLaz »
Hume got a yellow for the foul and a second yellow for picking the "injured" player up by an arm and a leg.

pubteam

« Reply #5 on November 27, 2012, 10:32:06 pm by pubteam »

Yeah, I think so. Cotterill probably should've been booked before he was as well for jumping over the advertising boards and into the crowd to celebrate.

Anyway, I thought the ref was shite for both teams. Didn't let the game flow at all, and just seemed to make it up as he went along as far as bookings were concerned.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 27, 2012, 10:33:10 pm by Filo »

Think the 2nd was for dragging the player up from the floor. At least that's what the ref seemed to indicate when Hume asked why.

In that case when was his first yellow and what for? I can`t remember seeing him get a first yellow

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 27, 2012, 10:34:32 pm by mushRTID »
The foul in the same incident.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 27, 2012, 10:39:09 pm by northern soul »
BBC site says 1st booking on 77 minutes.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 27, 2012, 10:39:51 pm by DonnyNoel »
I'm half with Filo on the referee causing it, even if it was a foul he could have just got Hume's yellow done quickly. I'm not playing in the heat of the moment like Hume is but not sure he needs to get involved with picking the player up (which is a booking all day) - its not like he was wasting our time.

On another day a picky ref could have sent Cotts off too - so many inconsistencies.

On the keeper handling I suppose the ref will say there was no player running through?

Their sub keeper who came on looked 12, will he be playing on Saturday?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 27, 2012, 10:40:49 pm by mushRTID »

Oh right. I don't remember either then.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 27, 2012, 10:43:15 pm by DonnyNoel »

Oh right. I don't remember either then.

Thats a BBC error. (Or a PA error). Hume was booked twice in a minute.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 27, 2012, 10:43:32 pm by Superspy »
BBC is wrong, I clearly saw the ref brandish 2 yellows to him in about 3 seconds. Once for the "foul", and once for manhandling the player.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 27, 2012, 11:04:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Hume should not have picked up the player like he did, he was getting steadily angrier as the game went on because the officials weren't giving him any decisions and he was being pulled up constantly for soft fouls. Bouzanis ran around like a headless chicken after making the error for the goal and should have been booked for handling outside of his area. Atrocious officiating from all angles tonight.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 27, 2012, 11:08:26 pm by RobTheRover »
Did anyone see Hume put his finger up the little left back's bum as he was about to take the throw in?

81st minute,  I made a mental note of it.  We all saw it and we're p!ssing ourselves.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 27, 2012, 11:09:42 pm by RoversAlias »
Did anyone see Hume put his finger up the little left back's bum as he was about to take the throw in?

81st minute,  I made a mental note of it.  We all saw it and we're p!ssing ourselves.

Yeah that was quality, the left back looked at the lino as if to say "can you do owt about that?" and then just smirked begrudgingly. I saw him laughing about it with Hume a minute later though. Reminded me of the antics of a once great player in Jimmy Bullard.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 27, 2012, 11:11:59 pm by mattco »
The ref was a complete joke and |I thought Oldham were the dirtiest side I've seen for a long time.   A hard earned win despite poor officials and a woeful lack of protection against some blatant pushing and dangerous tackles.  Brown should have killed the game off, but a good result that we wouldn't have managed last season.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 27, 2012, 11:20:03 pm by Woodhead Passer »
I know it's bad that Hume and Cotts are missing the game Saturday, but I would much rather have them back for Swindon than a cup game! Plus Cotterill will be on a clean slate. I also thought he would get booked when he had a shot after a foul was already given. We can't complain as seen as the ref basically gifted us the goal!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 27, 2012, 11:25:37 pm by hoolahoop »

Missed that :) take it you are talking about the same lad who never got any of his kit muddy all night. Good at throw-ins btw (said pisstaking) ;)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 27, 2012, 11:49:36 pm by RedJ »
Why did Cotts get booked? to me it seemed a case of mistaken identity when it looked like Brown should've been carded but I'm not sure.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 28, 2012, 03:55:23 am by PDX_Rover »
Handball outside the box is a straight red, no?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 28, 2012, 04:34:44 am by Wellred »

No.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 28, 2012, 08:40:17 am by Scooter »

I thought the same. Did it ever used to be?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 28, 2012, 08:44:03 am by The Red Baron »
It is only a red card if it denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity, so the 'keeper's handball was not a red card. I was surprised he didn't get a yellow though.

I could see that Hume was going to walk- the red mist had come down. Thankfully it was for two yellows so he will only miss one game.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 28, 2012, 11:28:45 am by RobTheRover »

Anyone remember Samways/Crichton (not sure which) get sent off for exactly the same thing at Scarborough?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 28, 2012, 01:08:59 pm by The Red Baron »

Anyone remember Samways/Crichton (not sure which) get sent off for exactly the same thing at Scarborough?

It was Crichton. I think that was the first season after the Laws changed to make Denying an Obvious Goalscoring Opportunity (DOGSO) an automatic red card. Some of the refs (as they do!) applied the new law to the n-th degree.

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 28, 2012, 04:47:11 pm by Crowle Rover »
It was about 5 minutes in.
Eddie Gormley went in goal and I think we lost 2-0

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 28, 2012, 06:45:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bloody ridiculous decision that sending off at Scarborough. He came out to the edge of his box, dived to smother the ball, his momentum slid him out of the box and he let go of the ball the moment he realised he'd slid out.

Wasn't the ref Jim Parker?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 28, 2012, 09:34:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Those sendings off were coming all night. The ref was itching for it. There was barely a bad tackle in the entire game (even the one by their centre half on Woods down by the North Stand corner flag didn't look too bad to me - I thought he'd taken the ball from where I was sat) but the ref still found 7 yellow card offences and a straight red.

He totally lost control of the situation for the sendings off. Hume's challenge was barely even a foul, let alone a yellow card. The ref then missed the fact that the full back was feigning injury, leading to Hume exploding. There's a debate going on about simulation, but when Hume lost his rag and demonstrated that the full back was fine, it was Hume who was penalised. Then the keeper joined in with a push in the chest that could hardly be described as violent conduct. It could all have been entirely avoided with better handling by the ref in the first place - going to see what state the full back was in instead of marching in like a latter-day Jim Parker flashing cards at the first opportunity.

And the one blatant yellow card offence, the keeper deliberately taking the ball out of the box in his hands, didn't even merit a talking to!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 28, 2012, 09:47:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Those sendings off were coming all night. The ref was itching for it. There was barely a bad tackle in the entire game (even the one by their centre half on Woods down by the North Stand corner flag didn't look too bad to me - I thought he'd taken the ball from where I was sat) but the ref still found 7 yellow card offences and a straight red.

He totally lost control of the situation for the sendings off. Hume's challenge was barely even a foul, let alone a yellow card. The ref then missed the fact that the full back was feigning injury, leading to Hume exploding. There's a debate going on about simulation, but when Hume lost his rag and demonstrated that the full back was fine, it was Hume who was penalised. Then the keeper joined in with a push in the chest that could hardly be described as violent conduct. It could all have been entirely avoided with better handling by the ref in the first place - going to see what state the full back was in instead of marching in like a latter-day Jim Parker flashing cards at the first opportunity.

And the one blatant yellow card offence, the keeper deliberately taking the ball out of the box in his hands, didn't even merit a talking to!

That about sums it up, watch it on player, the defenders leg is up near Humes chest Hume jumps (upright) trying to stop himself crashing into it, the defender collapses like hes took both barrels of a sawn off,  trying to get Hume sent off, feigning whatever you want to call it.
On the whole the ref did not have control of the game.

and  Mr Millers name is  ringing alarmbells  for Saturday  its not for anything recent its a few seasons ago but I can't remember why
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:00:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012