Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:08:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ***Thanks to all fans from the Scunthorpe game! Andrew Gosden Family***  (Read 4402 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Hi everyone,

Just a quick thank you to all the fans that attended the Scunthorpe game and showed support for the family of Andrew Gosden. I'm extremely close with the family as Andrew's sister is my partner.

His dad wanted me to pass on this message to all fans that attended the game, and everyone at rovers who showed their support.

"Dear All Doncaster Rovers Fans,

I am writing to express our enormous gratitude for the way in which you supported us as a family and the charity Missing People at the match against Scunthorpe.

As you know, our son Andrew has been missing now for over 5 years and the fact that people continue to care sufficiently to help to raise awareness of this is something we find quite overwhelming. 

Missing People have been a great support to us and we are delighted that you helped them to raise their profile. We hope that this may continue into the future and help other families too.

We found the atmosphere and support at the ground very moving,

Yours faithfully,

Kevin, Glenys & Charlotte Gosden"

And from myself, thanks everyone that was involved, I know it made a massive difference to them when everyone applauded and some fans in the east stand held up posters of Andrew.

Cheers guys and girls!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Best wishes to all the Gosden family............I really hope that you find your boy asap.  :(

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Thanks, i'll pass that on hoola!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Thanks, i'll pass that on hoola!

No problems I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if I lost my young'un :(

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: ***Thanks to all fans from the Scunthorpe game! Andrew Gosden Family***
« Reply #4 on November 28, 2012, 12:04:39 pm by BobG »
I do Hoola. I'd top myself.

Good luck to the Gosden's

BobG

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Bless them for taking the time to write a message of thanks that really wasnt necessary in the circumstances.

I hope Christmas brings them the best present of all in the return of their son, safe and sound.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2012, 04:31:22 pm by MrFrost »
Echo everything that has been said.
Hopefully the person who made the disrespectful comments the other day will realise how much the support meant to Andrew's family.

newyankee

• VSC Member
 I have to say I have great sympathy for Andrews family as thirty years ago I lost TWO children, one to drowning and the other at three weeks from a ntifiable disease.  There the similarity ends as we were able to have closure, we were able to nave a funeral for each child.

Andrew's family does not have that luxury as they do not know where he is or what has happened to him. People say there is nothing worse than losing a child, but I would not want to be in the Gosden family's shoes, with evrything that goes with not knowing.

Like everyone else, I send my best wishes and hope that soon, one way or another, they are able to have a result and get on with their lives.

God bless the Gosden's and give them the strength to keep looking for Andrew.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Cheers everyone, they will be so glad of the support.

Sorry to hear of your loss NewYankee, it may be thirty years ago, but it's never too late to pass on regards in my opinion.

Also Mr Frost what negative comments were they? Was it at the game or on here, must say iv'e missed it.

Again thanks so much, it means a lot.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Echo everything that has been said.
Hopefully the person who made the disrespectful comments the other day will realise how much the support meant to Andrew's family.

Was that me? Ah yeah just read that it was you and only you that posted the pathetic 'have some respect' shite Frosty, 'How would feel if that was your son' shite, yeah mate you sit there and piss yourself off imagining that's your kid mate if that's how you get your (somewhat limited) kicks. I feel for you.

Sorry but I still don't see the point, and they weren't disrespectful comments. If it made the family feel better then all well and good but did it actually do any good? I think not, noone at the game has reported seeing the lad and it's very unlikely that any of the 8000 ever will. They'd be better handing out those fliers at our away games in the capital city where the chances of success would be increased.

And I'll still say that everyone has the right to disappear from their circumstances, and he'll be 18 or 19 now so stop being so pathetic and accept that maybe he's old enough to make the decision for himself eh?

Or are you all just assuming the worst? Pathetic.

PS That's not aimed at his family BTW, who have every right to be worried sick, just aimed at the pathetic folk who think we should be worried about folk they don't even know or have met or are likely to meet, but pretend to care anyway.

As for Andrew, he f**ked off to London, that much is proved, he must have had his own reasons for doing that so wait until he wants to get back in touch instead of just assuming the worst. He aint the first kid to f**k off to London really is he?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:28:30 am by Viking Don »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
No he isnt, but that doesnt make it any easier for the family he leaves behind, VD, and keeping their quest to find him in the public's thoughts costs nothing and might unlock a small piece of information.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Not saying it's easy for his family, just saying it's nothing to do with Rovers V Scunny, and noone in that crowd will have any information to help the family. Many people go missing but I don't want to be reminded of them when I go to watch Rovers, just a personal preference of course, some may love torturing themselves putting themselves into weird positions psychologically, but personally I have a son with autism but I aint gonna bang on about it and expect sympathy or anything, I just get the f*** along with it.

It would just be nice to go watch a game of football and not be subjected to everyone else's sob stories for a change, these things seem to be becoming the norm, FFS Leeds had a minutes silence about Speed who died a year ago, is this really necessary?

And Rob, the 'public' isn't really the Donny V Scunny crowd is it? It didn't even make the local news, so it was I'm afraid to say, pointless. And I still say leave the lad alone if he doesn't want to be found, it's his choice. If you don't agree then you're assuming the worst surely? Maybe in time he'll contact his folks. But it's nothing to do with DRFC so get it off topic FFS. Make it as obscure as it is , cos noone on here has seen him or is likely to.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:19:04 am by Viking Don »

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
You know what, they never for one second approached Rovers, Rovers and Missing people approached them. They have just got one flicker of left. You're one idiot Viking Don, it's so unreal. It didn't make local news you're right, it made national. It was the second biggest case in Britain since Madeline McCann went missing.

You clearly know nothing of the situation, so do us all a favour and keep your negative, unwanted opinions to yourself. 

Can I ask why noone on here is likely to see him? If you go to London away games you might do, one day if he comes back to doncaster, you might do.

And as for leafleting London, i'm sure they've spent half the past 5 years in London.

For god sake sort yourself out man! Major issues with you. It's a family looking for their son who went missing at 14! I can't believe what i'm seeing on here. I thought all Rovers fans would have been supportive.

Anyway lets not taint this thread anymore than it already has been.

Again, thanks everyone that's said kind words, i'll be sure to pass them on.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Also mods if you want to move it to off topic now I don't mind. I only posted it in here as i wanted everyone to see how thankful they were. Didn't think everyone checked off topic as much.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2012, 10:34:27 am by MrFrost »
Not saying it's easy for his family, just saying it's nothing to do with Rovers V Scunny, and noone in that crowd will have any information to help the family. Many people go missing but I don't want to be reminded of them when I go to watch Rovers, just a personal preference of course, some may love torturing themselves putting themselves into weird positions psychologically, but personally I have a son with autism but I aint gonna bang on about it and expect sympathy or anything, I just get the f*** along with it.

It would just be nice to go watch a game of football and not be subjected to everyone else's sob stories for a change, these things seem to be becoming the norm, FFS Leeds had a minutes silence about Speed who died a year ago, is this really necessary?

And Rob, the 'public' isn't really the Donny V Scunny crowd is it? It didn't even make the local news, so it was I'm afraid to say, pointless. And I still say leave the lad alone if he doesn't want to be found, it's his choice. If you don't agree then you're assuming the worst surely? Maybe in time he'll contact his folks. But it's nothing to do with DRFC so get it off topic FFS. Make it as obscure as it is , cos noone on here has seen him or is likely to.

Unbelievable comments -  and you're certainly in the minority with your opinions.

And no, it doesn't effect my life in the slightest what happened to Andrew, and I probably won't lose any sleep over it. But I have respect for the family wanting to keep his name in the public eye and do all that they can to find him.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 29, 2012, 11:13:20 am by hoolahoop »
I sense a guilt trip having read your replies on this thread about that letter from the family Viking Don.
For someone who doesn't seemingly care a hoot about his fellow man , you have certainly written 2 long posts defending your  attitude. You could have left it and the thread without comment after all you weren't asked by name to defend your attitude/post. Why you have chosen to write all those assumptive negative thoughts on here I just can't understand ? Was it because you've felt hindered by the difficulties in raising your own son and never got the help and support that a decent society should have provided you with. Don't be bitter and despite your attitude to certain things avoid commenting on a subject /case that it is all too evident that you weren't acquainted with. YOU DIDN'T NEED TO.
As Bob said earlier , if it was his child he 'would probably commit suicide' do you know I would probably think along those lines too.

Why do you think human beings risk their own lives after a natural disaster digging through rubble long after there should be anybody alive just to find one person alive . The people digging under rubble/mud etc don't know these folk from Adam .........they just care.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 29, 2012, 04:05:45 pm by BobG »
Although it's nice and its thoughtful to help people, doing this at the Rovers has an exceedingly, amazingly small chance of achieving anything at all. So Don is right. What's the point? But then, it's nice to be nice sometimes. I still wish the Gosdens all the luck in the world - but then, they're going to need it aren't they?

BobG

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
To be fair Bob it wasn't just at Rovers, it was at the Charlton match too. You know iv'e learnt a lot about raising awareness since being so close to the family in recent years, and it's not just raising awareness in the place the person went missing, it's raising it at every opportunity. It was a chance to refresh peoples memories. People that may have been on the train the same day he went missing, and maybe saw him at some point other than kings cross in london. And to also make people aware he is still missing, and that like i said earlier, to target fans going to away games in london. Again cheers for the support though, they are very happy with it.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 29, 2012, 09:37:09 pm by BobG »
Fair enough Ditch.  You know a lot more about this sort of thing than I do. I hope it works out. My sister went missing once many years ago. She was a silly moo but even so she had us scouring the planet.She was fine, but it was horrible even so. The one thing I did learn was that the Salvation Army are absolutely chuffing brilliant in these circumstances. Really top people.

BobG

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Yeah charlottes family have found a lot of help in them. Hope you found her mate. Even if it was a short term thing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012