Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:39:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Martin Woods  (Read 5863 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Martin Woods
« on November 28, 2012, 11:14:39 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Unset the whole team balance when he went off....

It looked a bad injury the way he smashed his fist down in frustration ....

Whats the latest?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Re: Martin Woods
« Reply #1 on November 28, 2012, 11:41:19 am by The L J Monk »
"Martin Woods' pulled thigh could be a "nasty one", says Dean Saunders"

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulgoodwinDFP/status/273560335045251072?p=v

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 28, 2012, 11:58:13 am by CJK »
At first I thought it might be his hip area as that was what he appeared to be holding and given the amount of time he has had out with the hip problem I fearer the worst, especially after seeing his reaction. A thigh pull still isn't good but at least it's not related to his other previous problems, cold, wet night its easily done.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 28, 2012, 01:08:53 pm by roversam »

Whats the latest?
Thats funny i thought we improved 100% when he went off, what did he actually do when he was on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 28, 2012, 01:29:10 pm by Filo »

Whats the latest?
Thats funny i thought we improved 100% when he went off, what did he actually do when he was on.

You must be the only one!, we went 5 in midfield with 3 holding players, Brown was isolated up front and we never looked like scoring until Syers was brought on

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 28, 2012, 01:54:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It was all hoof ball between Woods going off and Syers coming on. We were poor. There was actually someone celebrating near me when Woods pulled up holding his leg.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2012, 02:10:53 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
It was all hoof ball between Woods going off and Syers coming on. We were poor. There was actually someone celebrating near me when Woods pulled up holding his leg.

Proves Rovers fans are clueless ......Martin Woods been brill for last few games

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 28, 2012, 02:38:22 pm by roversam »
there were plenty nesr me celebrating when he went off as well, i wonder why.They must be all clueless eh.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 28, 2012, 02:39:29 pm by CJK »

Proves Rovers fans are clueless ......Martin Woods been brill for last few games

Hang on Norfolk, why tar all 'Rovers' fans with the same opinion that is infact only the opinion of one bloke? So that one comment from an individual proves that all 6000 Rovers fans are clueless, I hope everybody is ok with that? Another comment from you Norfolk that proves you are a wind up merchant and nothing else.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 28, 2012, 05:20:48 pm by RoversAlias »
there were plenty nesr me celebrating when he went off as well, i wonder why.They must be all clueless eh.

That wouldn't surprise me at all, our fanbase is full of idiots.

I'm not a big fan of Woods but he has improved no end since moving to the left and when he departed we lost our formation and consequently lost our way entirely playing the wrong formation. Only an idiot would be happy when he went off last night.

LINCrover2

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 28, 2012, 05:21:35 pm by LINCrover2 »

Were you sat at the top of the south stand, to the keeper's left of the goal? Some clown near there was delighted at the fact Woodsy went down injured.

Muppet.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 28, 2012, 05:50:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I was just under the scoreboard in the South-West corner, the bloke was a few seats lower than me. This guy was in his 50's too, which surprised me, a grown man celebrating one of our own players injuries.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 28, 2012, 07:20:36 pm by RoversAlias »
There are some funny characters in the SW corner with us, it has to be said.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 28, 2012, 07:38:00 pm by Superspy »

You get them all over the place, a couple of lads near me were chanting "jimmy saville's barmy army" =/

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 28, 2012, 07:42:51 pm by roversam »

because he was
I'm not a big fan of Woods but he has improved no end since moving to the left and when he departed we lost our formation and consequently lost our way entirely playing the wrong formation. Only an idiot would be happy when he went off last night.
So anybody who doesnt rate woods is an idiot then, its all about opinions and there are are loads around me in southstand who play hell about him so we are all idiots eh.I personally dont like to see anyone injured, but iwas glad he went off because he was shite.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 28, 2012, 07:48:29 pm by RedJ »

You get them all over the place, a couple of lads near me were chanting "jimmy saville's barmy army" =/

They were at Notts County. I was embarrassed to be near them.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 28, 2012, 08:13:37 pm by bobbymax »

because he was
So anybody who doesnt rate woods is an idiot then, its all about opinions and there are are loads around me in southstand who play hell about him so we are all idiots eh.I personally dont like to see anyone injured, but iwas glad he went off because he was shite.
You must be sitting too close to that drum, it's affecting your judgement. If you think Woods was worse than Harper, you need to consider a visit to Specsavers.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 28, 2012, 08:14:27 pm by southwestexile »
in response to those who heard the Jimmy Saville chants - if you hear it again, report it to the stewards who will stop them/throw them out

we have to have a zero tolerance against w**kers

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 28, 2012, 08:17:25 pm by roversam »

because he was
You must be sitting too close to that drum, it's affecting your judgement. If you think Woods was worse than Harper, you need to consider a visit to Specsavers.
I dont need to visit specsavers at all matey, i have my opinion you have yours without the insults.

Rover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 28, 2012, 10:09:00 pm by Rover19 »
in response to those who heard the Jimmy Saville chants - if you hear it again, report it to the stewards who will stop them/throw them out

Its only banter, far worse things sang at games

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 28, 2012, 10:10:14 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Its only banter, far worse things sang at games

Thats not banter

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 28, 2012, 10:12:14 pm by BobG »
What's wrong with w**king anyway?

BobG

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 28, 2012, 11:48:13 pm by RoversAlias »

because he was

I was responding purely to your last statement "they must all be clueless then". It was more a general comment on how sections of our fanbase couldn't screw in a lightbulb between ten of them. I refer you to the topic at hand of my next point.

How is chanting "Jimmy Savilles Barmy Army" in any way 'banter'? Who is it banter with? Was Saville a well known Oldham fan? Are paedophiles part-and-parcel of football matches? I don't think so. People cannot just use 'oh its banter' as a defence for everything, yet some still try to.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #23 on November 29, 2012, 04:47:26 pm by GM-MarkB »
Just been down to the deaf school on a bit of business. Martin was down there switching their crimbo lights on. Thigh strapped but seemed to be walking ok.....in shorts too. It was bladdy freezing !!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 30, 2012, 04:04:52 am by Norfolk N Chance »
2/3 weeks according to PG @FP

Good news as it looked really bad injury

Key player in my opinion

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 30, 2012, 08:42:29 am by The Red Baron »

I think they've got that one from Leeds - it is one of the many "delightful" songs they were singing at Hillsborough the other week.

Come to think of it, if they are part of "Jimmy Savile's Barmy Army" what does that make them?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012