Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:02:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adriano  (Read 2909 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Adriano
« on November 28, 2012, 08:58:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Not Rovers but not off topic non football related

What does everybody make of Adriano's ban and football community order.
He hasn't actually done anything wrong not in the spirit perhaps  but has Uefa lost the plot

http://news.uk.msn.com//blog/trending-blogpost.aspx?post=c90ac9f5-e9d8-45f8-90c0-6cafa6e262da&_nwpt=1

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: Adriano
« Reply #1 on November 28, 2012, 09:13:03 pm by Spud »
Surely the ref could have dealt with the situation there and then with a re-take? Amazing... (but hardly surprising all at the same time).

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 28, 2012, 09:56:06 pm by BobG »
Ha ha ha! That's funny. Never did like this 'let's all be girlies and give the ball back' b*llocks.

What's wrong with a proper full blooded drop ball? Everyone knows where they stand then.

BobG

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 28, 2012, 09:57:39 pm by MachoMadness »
It is a tricky one. I personally happen to agree with banning him, purely based on what I've seen in that video. If he'd gotten away with it, it might set a precedent and one of the last remaining bits of sportsmanlike tradition still left in football would be gone.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 28, 2012, 09:58:19 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Ha ha ha! That's funny. Never did like this 'let's all be girlies and give the ball back' b*llocks.

What's wrong with a proper full blooded drop ball? Everyone knows where they stand then.

BobG

Bob thats brilliant,  proper old school just how it should be!    :chair:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 28, 2012, 10:16:56 pm by Filo »

BobG

I know we keep harping back to it, but that player that went into a full blooded drop ball with animal knew where he was stood, and had a good look from the stretcher as he was being carried off :)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2012, 10:17:48 pm by BobG »
I'm a Luddite Daggers! lol

We could bring John Doolan back. It was him, wasn't it, who drop kicked some opposition bloke  into the middle of next week at one drop ball?

Cheers

BobG

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 28, 2012, 11:50:00 pm by RoversAlias »
I agree with punishing him, whilst it was funny were I a Nordsjaelland fan I'd have taken a very dim view indeed. He even bitched at the kick-off because his manager had instructed the team to let them score a goal, so in the end they tackled the Nordsjaelland player and proceeded to carry on normally. Then they got undone by a really good attacking move a minute later but still went on to win 5-2.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2012, 08:08:07 am by ditch_drfc »
Agree with Rovers Alias. It is a bit silly, but had i been one of their fans, i'd be on their forum writing how unfair it is had he not been punished if he hadn't been.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 29, 2012, 08:35:05 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
He deserves the ban! It's unprofessional and unsporting behaviour!

How would we all feel if, Tuesday night, when we were 1-0 up, an Oldham player plays a lame ball back to G.Woods and their striker sneaks in, rounds the keeper and nets the ball, the game ends 1-1, and we're robbed of 2 points?! We'd be outraged!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #10 on November 29, 2012, 09:07:05 am by Rovin Reporter »
It is a tricky one. I personally happen to agree with banning him, purely based on what I've seen in that video. If he'd gotten away with it, it might set a precedent and one of the last remaining bits of sportsmanlike tradition still left in football would be gone.
its either in play or its not but the referee should have blown and re took the kick ultimately he is to blame for not taking any action and allowing the goal to stand , so many be they both should be banned for the next game as neither showed good judgment towards FairPlay .

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 29, 2012, 10:17:25 am by redandwhitearmy »
It's very unfair and i can see why the opposition were so annoyed but surely it didn't have to go this far? Not to the extent of banning the player?

Why couldn't the referee just use his common sense and disallow the goal and just have a word with Adriano?

Would have been a lot easier.. :thumbdown:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 29, 2012, 11:02:16 am by bobjimwilly »
Yes it's unsportsmanlike, but let's face it most of the professional game today is bloody unsportsman like! Look at the tackle suarez did the other week - it was obvious to everyone he tried to hurt an opposition player, and didn't even get booked! If they want to start giving retrospective punishments then at least begin with the cheating diving b*stards before you start banning players who don't even break any rules!  :thumbdown:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 29, 2012, 11:04:25 am by Dagenham Rover »
Yes it's unsportsmanlike, but let's face it most of the professional game today is bloody unsportsman like! Look at the tackle suarez did the other week - it was obvious to everyone he tried to hurt an opposition player, and didn't even get booked! If they want to start giving retrospective punishments then at least begin with the cheating diving b*stards before you start banning players who don't even break any rules!  :thumbdown:

Thats exactly what I think

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2012, 05:03:14 pm by RoversAlias »
It's very unfair and i can see why the opposition were so annoyed but surely it didn't have to go this far? Not to the extent of banning the player?

Why couldn't the referee just use his common sense and disallow the goal and just have a word with Adriano?

That's not how it works. It is an unwritten rule and thus the referee can't then stop him from basically cheating and scoring like he did. It isn't within the refs power to pull him back and have the drop ball be re-taken.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 29, 2012, 05:13:33 pm by ravenrover »

That's not how it works. It is an unwritten rule and thus the referee can't then stop him from basically cheating and scoring like he did. It isn't within the refs power to pull him back and have the drop ball be re-taken.
Sorry to disagree but if it's not written then it's not a rule, so how can he banned for not breaking any rules. i thought retrospective punishment depended on whether the ref saw the original incident or not. He obviously saw this incident but couldn't do anything because no rule had been broken so why the punishment. Platini and co are going to end up opening a real can of worms taking action like this and it will only be a matter of time until one of the "big" teams end up taking legal action against them. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelseas' lawyers aren't looking at this already in view of the result that they would need to progress further in the Champions League and the millions they will lose by not progressing.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 29, 2012, 09:35:37 pm by Spud »
"ungentlemanly conduct" not a rule anymore?
Liscence for the ref to interpret his own authority on the game i'd have thought.

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 29, 2012, 09:53:45 pm by Ian H »
I'd give the goal - Chris Black would have played on too!

Ask Oxford United

TinyPortal © 2005-2012