Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:36:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This time in 2007/8 we had..  (Read 813 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
This time in 2007/8 we had..
« on November 29, 2012, 08:23:04 am by Donnyjim »
Won 7, Drawn 7 and Lost 6. We had 28 points (compared with 39 today) and we would have been about 11th or 12th in the league. A very interesting comparison.

We are batting above our average and with a wafer thin squad the busy Christmas period could be key.

If we can do okay over Christmas and avoid too many injuries / departures in January. I think we’ll be in the mix at the end of the season.

An even more interesting fact is, that this year we went out of the FA cup in the first round to Oldham away 1-2 in a replay. A ubiquitous omen, if there was ever one surely!  :scarf:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:34:01 am by Donnyjim »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
Re: This time in 2007/8 we had..
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2012, 10:09:27 am by redandwhitearmy »
We are doing extremely well,better than alot of people are giving us credit for. No doubt if we replicated this form till the end of the season We'd probably win the league.
Thing is our squad is tiny in comparison to other teams in this division and once injuries and suspensions kick in we could find ourselves on the end of a couple of beatings which could of-course derail any promotion hopes.

Look at Wednesday 2 years ago,they were around the top at Christmas before going on a shocking run where they won about 3 games until the end of the season,they finished midtable that year.

It can all change very quickly... For now though,It's looking good. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
That's not a negative post though.. I'm extremely pleased with the way we've been grinding out results this season but I'm just taking a step back and looking at things realistically.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012