Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:54:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Away support on Sat  (Read 2003 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Away support on Sat
« on November 29, 2012, 08:28:56 pm by normal rules »
So we have been given the small section at Boundary Park this sat - capacity 1600.

My question is - will this be enough given Rovers league pos, form and potential for big gun in third round?

Against this is recession, cold weather and proximity to Christmas.

Pay on the day too. We took 1200 to Meadow Lane and i would consider this a potentially more attractive fixture.

Anyone remember the game at Blundell park a few years ago when couple thousand Rovers turned up unexpectedly? The difference there is there was room for us to move into.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Away support on Sat
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2012, 08:41:48 pm by RedJ »
Considering price and weather - yes, especially with it only being round two.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 29, 2012, 08:42:18 pm by Jenny »
I reckon we'll fill less than half of it given that it is a full price game.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 29, 2012, 09:33:02 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well me and the lads going but there again thats due to work commitments and me probably not getting to some home games due to them

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 29, 2012, 09:36:17 pm by rtidbelly »
sold 331 from last update on keepmoat website probably end up about 500-650. i am paying on day as there is no increase in price so quite a few may chose to pay on gate. still anything over 500 is a decent turnout, freezing weather and normal league pricing has drove some to stay away. plus with it only being the second round it isn't going to attract much interest. last two home games atmosphere seems to have improved hoping for same again saturday seeing the boys into the 3rd round to face man utd away  ;)  :scarf:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 29, 2012, 09:42:35 pm by Dagenham Rover »
sold 331 from last update on keepmoat website probably end up about 500-650. i am paying on day as there is no increase in price so quite a few may chose to pay on gate. still anything over 500 is a decent turnout, freezing weather and normal league pricing has drove some to stay away. plus with it only being the second round it isn't going to attract much interest. last two home games atmosphere seems to have improved hoping for same again saturday seeing the boys into the 3rd round to face man utd away  ;)  :scarf:

Yep well done Oldham.
Strikes me its an Oldham plot to keep our away support to the minimum, conspiracy theorys eh  ;)

Remember both teams have to agree any reduction in price and I'm sure Donny will have pushed

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 29, 2012, 09:55:44 pm by redandwhitearmy »
I'm going with 2,possibly 3 others.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #7 on November 29, 2012, 10:45:29 pm by Rovin Reporter »
So we have been given the small section at Boundary Park this sat - capacity 1600.

My question is - will this be enough given Rovers league pos, form and potential for big gun in third round?

Against this is recession, cold weather and proximity to Christmas.

Pay on the day too. We took 1200 to Meadow Lane and i would consider this a potentially more attractive fixture.

Anyone remember the game at Blundell park a few years ago when couple thousand Rovers turned up unexpectedly? The difference there is there was room for us to move into.
We are not in the same place economically to expect supporters to pay Sat Tues Sat its just isn't there . Most clubs will just be glad to get through or get a reply and fight tooth and nail in every round . We need to get through for financial reasons but would be happy to win the league than play Man U away .

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 30, 2012, 09:57:23 am by MrFrost »
Not sure how you would seem this a more attractive fixture than Notts County

Diego Sideburns

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 30, 2012, 05:43:16 pm by Diego Sideburns »
Yep well done Oldham.
Strikes me its an Oldham plot to keep our away support to the minimum, conspiracy theorys eh  ;)

Remember both teams have to agree any reduction in price and I'm sure Donny will have pushed
That used to be the case, but under new FA rules, the home team choses the price subject to a £10 minimum charge.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 30, 2012, 05:46:36 pm by normal rules »
Not sure how you would seem this a more attractive fixture than Notts County

because of who we could possibly draw if we progress. rovers are well overdue a big un. and its the cup which still gets some of us excited.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012