Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 02:12:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: sullivan  (Read 4703 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: sullivan
« Reply #30 on December 04, 2012, 07:15:09 am by Chris Black come back »
Big decision this summer on Gary Woods - IF we go up. Hopefully he can get through the season uninjured and be an ever present so we can have a really good look at this performances over a year rather than drifting in and out of the side.

IF we go up then not only will the advantage of our defence disappear (leap to Championship especially with strikers is very significant) and the security of being able to drop an experienced head in Sully in front of Woods if he goes awry, will also disappear (think a 43/44 year old Sully in Championship is unrealistic).

He has certainly improved, he has done a decent job this season. He has not though been outstanding and this he needs to be to stand a chance of being first choice IF we go up this season. I am not convinced that even the new improved Gary Woods is decisive enough, commanding enough and forceful enough to being a decent No1 at Championship level IF we get promoted.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 04, 2012, 05:46:54 pm by RedJ »
I actually thought he looked a bit leaner than he has been. Although I agree, it was a bit pitiful watching him try and scamper around his penalty area at times, but what can you do when the man is 42. No blame attached to the goals, both of them right in the postage stamp, but I wouldn't have him back, not even over Woods.

While we're on about veteran keepers, apparently Andy Warrington has been a bit of a revelation for Rotherham this year. We could do worse, in fact I think he's better than what we have at the moment!

I'll always think we let him go too soon.

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 04, 2012, 08:01:37 pm by redandwhitearmy »
I actually thought he looked a bit leaner than he has been. Although I agree, it was a bit pitiful watching him try and scamper around his penalty area at times, but what can you do when the man is 42. No blame attached to the goals, both of them right in the postage stamp, but I wouldn't have him back, not even over Woods.

While we're on about veteran keepers, apparently Andy Warrington has been a bit of a revelation for Rotherham this year. We could do worse, in fact I think he's better than what we have at the moment!

I'll always think we let him go too soon.

No doubt about that,it happens though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012