Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 01:31:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A press statement from the Board  (Read 6295 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
A press statement from the Board
« on December 21, 2012, 07:15:54 pm by silent majority »
Press Statement from the Doncaster Rovers Board

Green Light for Promotion

We would like it known, that we are going all out for promotion this season and at the Board meeting this week, Dean Saunders was given our full financial support to go out there and bolster the squad for a full out assault on the league. We feel Dean is the man to get us back in the Championship and as such we are giving him the ammunition to take on the other clubs challenging. We have told Dean that he can do business during the January transfer window to help him keep up the momentum he and his squad have got so far as we reach half way in the campaign. Dean has been told that he can get James Coppinger back to help our assault and will financially support keeping James at the club. We have also told Dean, we will give him funds to sign Iain Hume and look at signing three other players as we give the green light for promotion.

Dean has put together a great squad and we are now gearing up for the second half of the season with funding available to sustain the assault with the board’s full backing. With Dean at the front and you the fans behind him with your support we are going for it. This is a very positive time for Rovers as we finish one year and move into 2013.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Re: A press statement from the Board
« Reply #1 on December 21, 2012, 07:28:03 pm by nice one rovers »
Great news from the club. A bit rich though, bragging that we can have our own player back and are allowed to pay him his wages.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 21, 2012, 07:33:38 pm by StocktonRover »
Great news from the club. A bit rich though, bragging that we can have our own player back and are allowed to pay him his wages.
Its great that someone can try and turn such a positive statement into a negative.........

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 21, 2012, 07:35:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
Wouldn't be Donny otherwise!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 21, 2012, 07:39:15 pm by Al4475 »
Come on guys - I'm sure NOR didn't mean it to be a dig at the club! He merely stated it was good news from the club and made a valid point after that!

Not reading owt into it particularly but surely the fact that we can now brag that we have one of our (on his day) very best players back and can afford to pay him whereas at the start of the season we couldn't is exceptionally good news, no?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:42:31 pm by Al4475 »

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 21, 2012, 07:39:38 pm by nice one rovers »
Its great that someone can try and turn such a positive statement into a negative.........
I'm sorry but I was hardly finding a negative, just think its a bit cheeky thats all.
If you knew me, you would know that day to day , I am constantly big-upping my club in a village full of L**ds fans.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:41:50 pm by nice one rovers »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 21, 2012, 07:43:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Coppinger coming back is a real massive bonus. He is not going to be ripping teams apart but thank fook we have a player who can put his foot on the ball and pick a pass. Gu on Copps lad!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 21, 2012, 07:57:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I was expecting Raving Reporter to have posted by now, reminding us yet again how skint he reckons the club are.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 21, 2012, 08:01:08 pm by Chris Black come back »
Wait till Bob G pops up with his festive conspiracy theories....do we REALLY know if this is the same James Coppinger?...has anyone REALLY taken his DNA for testing to prove that Forest have sent the same player back?...can we really trust anything that Saunders and Ryan say on the subject?...we NEED to have the DNA tests read out at half time on Saturday.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 21, 2012, 08:05:45 pm by deebee »
I posted a couple of weeks back after speaking to Copps (we are good friends) I stated then that he wanted to return and play for the Rovers. He loves it here and has a high regard for the fans and the club. He does not have a beef with any one at the club. I spoke to him again today after the news of his return was made public and he is chuffed to bits to be coming back and cannot wait to get out there in the hoops in front of the fans and play. He says some times you are told the grass is greener but he assures me it is not. So please give him a rousing reception when he pulls on that shirt and comes home where he belongs.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 21, 2012, 08:20:46 pm by benaldo »
What great times to be a rovers fan.

What this does, for me, is prove that the money men are just like all the rest of us - willing to support the team when it's doing well. Still, as always, no-one can/should tell them how to spend their hard gotten money (how hard it was to acquire it is anyones guess I suppose) so we should all be thankful that they want to spend it on a winning team currently.

Roll on any fair play restrictions at this level..........

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 21, 2012, 08:30:15 pm by silent majority »
The fair play restrictions are already in place at this level.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 21, 2012, 08:45:21 pm by hoolahoop »
The fair play restrictions are already in place at this level.

By all accounts we are in fair shape to meet them........other clubs are struggling. It's very welcome news now we have to get everyone we can down to cheer those lads on.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 21, 2012, 09:55:52 pm by mushRTID »
I posted a couple of weeks back after speaking to Copps (we are good friends) I stated then that he wanted to return and play for the Rovers. He loves it here and has a high regard for the fans and the club. He does not have a beef with any one at the club. I spoke to him again today after the news of his return was made public and he is chuffed to bits to be coming back and cannot wait to get out there in the hoops in front of the fans and play. He says some times you are told the grass is greener but he assures me it is not. So please give him a rousing reception when he pulls on that shirt and comes home where he belongs.

That's got me excited. Welcome home Copps. Legend.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #14 on December 21, 2012, 10:32:27 pm by Rovin Reporter »
IT'S OFFICIAL !!!
We are going for promotion .
We may not be as skint as previously suggested by Dean Saunders on numerous occasions . Yes I may have took him at his word , but he was probably playing mind games by giving out misleading information to keep other teams and players from taking advantage if our position . So I can obviously see how others could have misunderstood my comments as being contraversial or even mischievous all I can say in my defence if F*** ***F i'm RTID.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:53:11 pm by Rovin Reporter »

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 21, 2012, 10:41:07 pm by Spud »
YEEEAAAHHHH !!! Santa got my letter. Never expected Copps to pull on the shirt again. Hume too, get in !!!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #16 on December 21, 2012, 11:00:22 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Now would be the right time to get the season ticket promotion under way for 2013/14 . A nice early bird discount for all excusing season ticket holders to include those who buy this seasons  half season tickets  . Just a fore thought John. Nudge Nudge Happy Xmas and all that.

neil grainger

« Reply #17 on December 21, 2012, 11:28:43 pm by neil grainger »
I'm loving this, bloody loving it.

JR using phrases like "Green light for promotion" and "Going for It"..?

Bring it on....this sucker is on board already!

Come on you Reds!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 21, 2012, 11:36:04 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Great news and a very welcome boost for the fans to have it spelt out in such positive terms.

Roll on 2013.

DancasterRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 21, 2012, 11:39:55 pm by DancasterRovers »
Absolutely fantastic news!

Feel a slightly bigger squad is gonna give us a fantastic chance of promotion!!

:rtid:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 21, 2012, 11:54:43 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
''I Think K  nor RS just stirring it(as in the soup) :laugh:

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 22, 2012, 12:02:34 am by donny dave »
With Copps coming back it will be like a new player signing with all the excitement of joining a new club.
I think it has done Rovers a favour just as much as it has done Copps a favour to make him realise what he has got at Donny.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 22, 2012, 12:08:24 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Very true Dave,Coppinger on one wing,Cotterill-''THE TWO C's''-CLASS&CREATIVITY!! :scarf:

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 22, 2012, 12:18:11 am by donny dave »
I forgot to post the thoughts of the forrest fans.

Whereas a fit and ready Coppinger struggles to make the match day 18.

I would sign up for half of what Coppinger is on, but the fact that I'm cheap still wouldn't rate as value for money!!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 22, 2012, 12:21:45 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I'm creative in the mind,but not in the body Dave,if they put an oxygen tent on the sidelines,i might just make it!! :laugh:

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 22, 2012, 11:02:32 am by Lifelong supporter »
Does anyone know why the club decided to release the statement here first and not on DROS? We're always being told not to believe anything until it apears on there.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 22, 2012, 11:32:20 am by silent majority »
Does anyone know why the club decided to release the statement here first and not on DROS? We're always being told not to believe anything until it apears on there.

The club didn't release it here, I did.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 22, 2012, 01:56:05 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Did the club not know you were going to do that?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 22, 2012, 01:57:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He says some times you are told the grass is greener but he assures me it is not. So please give him a rousing reception when he pulls on that shirt and comes home where he belongs.

I remember Copps saying the same in an interview a couple of seasons back, referring to old team mates who had gone to pastures new (but not greener). I don't think anyone begrudges him at least looking over the fence.

I'm sure he'll be received with a rapturous welcome. (Closely followed by chants of "Stop f**king about with it, gerrit in t'box!")

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 22, 2012, 02:10:58 pm by silent majority »
Did the club not know you were going to do that?

It was a Press statement, why would I have to tell them where I was putting it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012