Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:41:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 10517 times)

uptonson

• Forum Member
Smoking
« on January 03, 2013, 08:03:18 am by uptonson »
I heard a rumour on Tuesday that we are having smoking areas for the Colchester match.  Can anybody confirm or is it just that, a rumour. :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc_steve_rtid

• Forum Member
Re: Smoking
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2013, 09:04:21 am by drfc_steve_rtid »
I read the same somewhere that they are trialing a smoking bubble this sat

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2013, 09:18:07 am by silent majority »
Well I can confirm those rumours for you.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2013, 11:04:35 am by uptonson »
Is it for every stand.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2013, 11:05:51 am by silent majority »
Is it for every stand.

As far as I'm aware. I would have thought the club would make some kind of announcement, if not I'll check with them.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2013, 01:40:02 pm by IDM »
I saw this at an away game, can't remember exactly where but wasn't too long ago (not this season) where at half time the exit gates were opened into a fenced off area, where smoking was allowed.  This gets around the rule of no smoking within the stadium.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2013, 01:48:33 pm by danumdon »
Christ Almighty, have we been dumb'ed down as a nation to such an extent that individuals can't go two hours without a fag!

What next counters for coke users to snort from, spoons for crack heads and nappy changing areas for the big cry baby's.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2013, 01:51:19 pm by IDM »
I don't smoke but I am not against such a plan.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 03, 2013, 01:54:32 pm by uptonson »
Christ Almighty, have we been dumb'ed down as a nation to such an extent that individuals can't go two hours without a fag!

What next counters for coke users to snort from, spoons for crack heads and nappy changing areas for the big cry baby's.
I saw this at an away game, can't remember exactly where but wasn't too long ago (not this season) where at half time the exit gates were opened into a fenced off area, where smoking was allowed.  This gets around the rule of no smoking within the stadium.

At nearly every away game this season this has happened and the stewards there say it is all about choice.  If you want to take your coke don't come to the Keepmoat.

Some people like to smoke, its there form of relieving stress and watching our team at home gives us plenty of that.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 03, 2013, 02:06:49 pm by MachoMadness »
If it stops people lighting up in toilets, then I'm all for it. Don't mind if you do smoke, just don't be selfish about it when around non-smokers, far too many smokers think it's their right to smoke wherever the hell they want.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 03, 2013, 02:07:11 pm by danumdon »

At nearly every away game this season this has happened and the stewards there say it is all about choice.  If you want to take your coke don't come to the Keepmoat.

Some people like to smoke, its there form of relieving stress and watching our team at home gives us plenty of that.

Would that be the same choice as the fans exiting from the south west corner had to endure on tues when some scamp decided to light up going down the stairs,

If i'd have been a bit closer i could of exercised my choice to drop a nice wet and smelly one in his general direction!

All one way i'm afraid, i agree with choice but not to the detriment of others minding their own.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 03, 2013, 03:41:48 pm by uptonson »
Got to agree with you.  No smoking in the stadium means that and he should have been told or even charged for breaking the law.  If smoking areas are provided I can't see why they should smoke in toilets and if they do for me its a stadium ban.  I have campaigned for this for ages and I can agree with all your arguments if people don't want to follow the rules.
I have never and will never smoke in toilets and hope everybody else stops when this is put in place. :rtid:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 03, 2013, 05:00:26 pm by Wellred »
I was always under the impression that smoking was banned around the outside of the ground and was only allowed once you reached the road?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 03, 2013, 06:30:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
I was always under the impression that smoking was banned around the outside of the ground and was only allowed once you reached the road?

Should be. If these animals can't keep their foul death sticks out of their gobs for 90 minutes then they need some serious help.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 03, 2013, 06:33:35 pm by Donnywolf »

Derby 0 Lewis Guy 1 was the first time I saw this great scheme in action

Let the smokers out and nick the ones who dont go out. Remember you have the Carrot now

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 03, 2013, 08:00:15 pm by Herman Hessian »
heard a rumour on Tuesday that we are having smoking areas for the Colchester match

Can anybody confirm or is it just that, a tumor ?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 04, 2013, 12:52:53 am by RoversAlias »

If that's true then people violate it every match. I always stand in the shadow of the south/west corner before the game and people smoke there.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 04, 2013, 11:30:15 am by RobTheRover »
heard a rumour on Tuesday that we are having smoking areas for the Colchester match

Cant let that go without due credit. Doffs cap.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 04, 2013, 11:33:03 am by hoolahoop »

Cant let that go without due credit. Doffs cap.

I nearly missed it too nice one HH.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 04, 2013, 07:23:53 pm by The Red Baron »
It's called the "Smoking Bubble" because this is what happens to anyone who is caught having a crafty drag in the bogs from now on:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Ffr1U7KMY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Ffr1U7KMY</a>

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 04, 2013, 07:32:49 pm by MachoMadness »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo</a>

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 04, 2013, 08:46:13 pm by uptonson »

Just somebody who obviously doesn't smoke to chang a post to try and make a joke.  Let people who want to smoke have the choice.  Everybody keeps talking as if it is a cerain given that smoking will shorten your live.  In history people have lived long lives smoking, long lives drinking so give people the choice.  I bet you have nasty habits that somebody doesn't like, posting on here is one. :rtid: :scarf: :zzz:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 04, 2013, 09:25:40 pm by bobjimwilly »
It is a fact that smoking increases your chances of cancer and premature death.  :suicide:

But if it means an increase in income for the Rovers, I say give smokers the choice to fill their lungs full of sh*t  :thumbsup:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 04, 2013, 09:36:00 pm by Dagenham Rover »
We are all customers of DRFC

Its not whether you agree with smoking or not, its not about that geyser can't go a couple of hours without a fag , its about Drfc giving its customers the choice without  upsetting non smoking customers by some   having a crafty one in the bog, or upsetting smoking customers by not allowing it

Doncaster Rovers is a buisness, it has to give customers a choice or they won't bother or go elsewhere.

Interestingly at Preston they had a poor old steward on Bog duty at half time poor sod was just stood at onre end of the bogs just watching   :blush:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 04, 2013, 11:12:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
Let's stop talking about the bog smoking as an either/or in this debate. There should be NO smoking in the toilets at the KMS at any time, full stop. It is not a matter of being unpleasant or anti-social, it is illegal - against the law - not permitted by statute. It couldn't be clearer. Stewards and/or police should patrol each and every toilet and nab anyone who is smoking, issuing them with a fixed penalty notice as the legislation permits.

Right, beyond this, I simply cannot believe that there is a single Rovers fan who does not come to a game because they cannot go without a cancer tube for 90 minutes. We should not as a club be making it easier for the weak-willed/weak-minded to kill themselves and place a burden on the taxpayer through their self-induced death. The idea of a smoking bubble remains a ridiculous waste of money and frankly an embarrassment for our club which is at the heart of the community and purports to be promoting healthy lifestyles amongst supporters.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 04, 2013, 11:31:06 pm by silent majority »
CBcb,

Enough is enough, you've made your point umpteen times in the last few weeks. We know you don't like it, we know you would issue every fan with a fine when caught, that I understand, but there's a limit to how many times you can bang that drum.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 04, 2013, 11:32:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
<leans back, sparks up cigar, relaxes>

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 05, 2013, 01:31:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It is a fact that smoking increases your chances of cancer and premature death. 

Sure, if you are  smoker then that's an additional risk factor to living, breathing, drinking exercising, poor diet, diabetes etc. etc. etc.

I'm a smoker bit looking around at many fat folk around the Keepmoat, they are more at risk than me. And I'll tell you why. My consultant who surgically removed my tumor said there is no way that you can put your cancer down to smoking.

We all have cells within us that can turn cancerous. The most likely cause to trigger the tumours growth is stress.

Moderation my friends. Lighten up a little or otherwise you might find yourself suffering without having ever smoked a fag !

Thank you DRFC for giving us a choice on how we live our lives.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 05, 2013, 01:50:14 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
And, while we're on the subject. The most common form of cancers at the moment are testicular cancer and prostate cancer (NOT lung cancer) so keep feeling your balls and make sure your pissing freely chaps !

The more recent statistics say you are more likely to die from excess w**king than smoking!

PS. Don't be a knob, and choose to smoke as it's not clever. I wished I'd never started !!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 05, 2013, 08:26:39 am by hoolahoop »
And, while we're on the subject. The most common form of cancers at the moment are testicular cancer and prostate cancer (NOT lung cancer) so keep feeling your balls and make sure your pissing freely chaps !

The more recent statistics say you are more likely to die from excess w**king than smoking!

PS. Don't be a knob, and choose to smoke as it's not clever. I wished I'd never started !!

I would like to emphasise that last comment too even as a smoker . If you're young , think it's clever.........IT'S NOT. Smoking is anti-social does have a knock on effect on your health, ruins your attractiveness to the opposite sex, leaves a nasty smell both on you and others and is bloody expensive.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012