Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:47:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bye bye Saunders  (Read 6579 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Bye bye Saunders
« Reply #30 on January 05, 2013, 11:33:32 pm by wilts rover »
I agree with you RTID. Our slide did begin then when we couldn't or wouldn't replace the quality we had lost. Everything after was just ever more frantic scrabbling to paper over the cracks.

BobG

I think we are going to disagree here. When fit, the midfield of Copps, Stock, Oster and Woods was easily Championship quality. The problem was depth (and that was never going to be solved by retaining Wellens) and more importantly our defence, which Shackell and maybe Ward aside, was far too weak in the middle and nowhere near good enough for the Championship. Up front with Sharp and Hayter I think we were ok, but again not enough depth.

I disagree, that midfield was fine until teams worked us out - just lets us pass the ball about deep until we gave it away as neither Stock or Oster had the dribbling or variation of skills that Wellens (or Paul Green) had. Out of Stock, Wellens, Oster, Copps, Woods, Green - how many are with Championship clubs?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 05, 2013, 11:45:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »
No official approach yet, numerous threads about it yet this one states he' s gone, keeps your name in lights and another post count Mr.frost?

Yeah, why not. Thanks for the attention.

Why not? plenty of threads to comment on but you had to start your own, plus your facts are at present incorrect as Wolves have not approached manager, the question is what are you feeding? misinformation or your ego?

Sorry, I didn't realise I had to ask your permission before starting a thread. My bad. I'll be sure to ask in the future.

And it depends which Tweet you believe as to whether Saunders has been approached or not.

You are quite correct you don't my permission to start a thread, but why start a new one when others already exist? As for Twitter, I don't use it, that combined with Facebook leads to so much incorrect gossip mongering utter bollox dumbing down white I tend to avoid it, sorry if this Jeremy Kyle lifestyle us your forte.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 05, 2013, 11:47:42 pm by MrFrost »
No official approach yet, numerous threads about it yet this one states he' s gone, keeps your name in lights and another post count Mr.frost?

Why not? plenty of threads to comment on but you had to start your own, plus your facts are at present incorrect as Wolves have not approached manager, the question is what are you feeding? misinformation or your ego?

Sorry, I didn't realise I had to ask your permission before starting a thread. My bad. I'll be sure to ask in the future.

And it depends which Tweet you believe as to whether Saunders has been approached or not.

You are quite correct you don't my permission to start a thread, but why start a new one when others already exist? As for Twitter, I don't use it, that combined with Facebook leads to so much incorrect gossip mongering utter bollox dumbing down white I tend to avoid it, sorry if this Jeremy Kyle lifestyle us your forte.

Aren't forums the same?

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 05, 2013, 11:50:37 pm by redwine »
Only when you post on them, frosty boy

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 05, 2013, 11:57:23 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Aren't forums the same?

Not really as forums offer debate, yet Twitter and its associated shite offer things as facts which in the main are not.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 05, 2013, 11:58:43 pm by MrFrost »

Aren't forums the same?

Not really as forums offer debate, yet Twitter and its associated shite offer things as facts which in the main are not.

You really need to get a grip of social media.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 06, 2013, 12:09:31 am by DearneValleyRover »
Actually Mr.Frost I don't. I had no trouble with any debate, there is a good chance Saunders will go, my problem is the need for numerous threads about the same subject with a preface stating something that US as yet untrue. As for your social media, how do you know the person reporting is who they state they are? Facebook, Twitter and it' s associated mediums do very little other than prove our society is running down to an Americanized level, that is obviously your choice but don't state it as fact when it isn't

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 06, 2013, 12:12:38 am by MrFrost »
Actually Mr.Frost I don't. I had no trouble with any debate, there is a good chance Saunders will go, my problem is the need for numerous threads about the same subject with a preface stating something that US as yet untrue. As for your social media, how do you know the person reporting is who they state they are? Facebook, Twitter and it' s associated mediums do very little other than prove our society is running down to an Americanized level, that is obviously your choice but don't state it as fact when it isn't

There are ways of telling if those posting on Twitter are genuine. The Rob Staton one definitely was genuine. Maybe the title of my thread was presuming a little, however, he isn't odds on for no reason at all.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 06, 2013, 12:20:40 am by DearneValleyRover »

There are ways of telling if those posting on Twitter are genuine. The Rob Staton one definitely was genuine. Maybe the title of my thread was presuming a little, however, he isn't odds on for no reason at all.

Fair enough but Mr.Staton jumps the gun far too often, typical Journo.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 06, 2013, 12:27:34 am by MachoMadness »
To be fair, depends how you define "approach". Staton never mentioned an official approach did he? There has obviously been contact between all the parties concerned, but no paperwork has been filed yet. I'd imagine this time tomorrow we'll know what's happening one way or another.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012