Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 01:08:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bury Away Day.  (Read 19389 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Bury Away Day.
« Reply #90 on January 30, 2013, 11:45:45 am by MrFrost »
I think we'll sell this out now.  See we have a full allocation of 1050 according to the facebook page.  779 sold.  So 271 tickets left.

These will be gone by Friday!!

Will we get any extra space in the ground if demand is high on the day?

Does it say East or West stand on the ticket do you know?

If its West (ManchesterRoad End) holds around 2k
If its East (cemetry end) you will have about 2.5k

How is Kyle Bennett getting on these days?

He probably would be okay if he put some effort in!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 30, 2013, 11:46:57 am by GazLaz »
That's the one behind the goal.

pubteam

« Reply #92 on January 30, 2013, 01:08:11 pm by pubteam »
I think we'll sell this out now.  See we have a full allocation of 1050 according to the facebook page.  779 sold.  So 271 tickets left.

These will be gone by Friday!!

Will we get any extra space in the ground if demand is high on the day?

Does it say East or West stand on the ticket do you know?

If its West (ManchesterRoad End) holds around 2k
If its East (cemetry end) you will have about 2.5k

How is Kyle Bennett getting on these days?

West Stand.

Do Bury swap the away end around like? Strange if so. How does that work if home fans have season tickets in the end they want to use for the away fans?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on January 30, 2013, 10:42:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
2 more now going. Sorry guys and gals, first away game of the season for me. Be in the Swan & Cemetery about 1pm.   

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 31, 2013, 10:06:10 am by Pintolager »
Me and a mate have just been down to the Keepmoat for our tickets and were told that 904 have now been sold. Looking forward to a great day out and 3 points.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on January 31, 2013, 10:14:14 am by hoolahoop »
Just to clarify it, is there still pay on the day at Bury as I won't know until tomorrow night whether I can go or not ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on January 31, 2013, 10:30:24 am by GazLaz »
Yes pay on the day.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on January 31, 2013, 10:43:24 am by hoolahoop »
Yes pay on the day.

Cheers Gaz, got a really ill relative in Stockport that I have to see . Hopefully he won't miss me for 2/3 hours arr lass permitting (it's her Dad hence the caution) , it's only 30 minutes away ;)
I'm hoping the conversation goes like this:-
Me............''do you need a paper ?''
Him ..........''Cheers lad do you think you can pop down to Bury and pick me one up ?''
Me.............''Well if I have to but I could be some time as I might bump into a mate or a thousand mates, you know how it goes''
Him ...........''As long as you're back for 6 p.m. ok ?''
Arr lass......''Where the feck you going ?''..................it could turn out one or two ways either I get belted around the head or she sees that I would be in abject misery if I didn't go.
Common sense would mean that it would be the latter, any ideas fellas ?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on January 31, 2013, 10:53:23 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
6 of us paying on the day also so should be well over 1000.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 31, 2013, 11:11:42 am by DearneValleyRover »
3 of us going, getting tickets later, Hoola tell yer missus that the bad karma vibes coming off you if you were to miss the match would be detremental to her Dad's health and that going and seeing us win would benefit him.   :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 31, 2013, 11:24:49 am by MrFrost »
Just noticed its unreserved seating.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on January 31, 2013, 12:45:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Hoola, take the old boy with you.  Kill or cure.  A good jump around should sort it one way or the other.

;-)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on January 31, 2013, 01:24:46 pm by IDM »
50/50 for me at the moment, so if I go it's pay on the day too....

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on January 31, 2013, 02:16:42 pm by hoolahoop »
Hoola, take the old boy with you.  Kill or cure.  A good jump around should sort it one way or the other.

;-)

What with cancer of the spine and liver following on from a recent removal of the bladder and prostate......I very much doubt it. Nice try perhaps I could also get in free as a carer that's if I can get him in the car in the first place.
Nah he would be better off staying at home whilst I take the pressure for him and allow him plenty of precious one to one time with his daughter. You see I would really be doing it for her Rob ;) I know I'm a heartless barsteward but there are really important things in life  i.e. my presence would be missed at Bury, causing us to lose and breaking the hearts of future generations of young Doncastrians should we lose. I see it as a mission really

Anyway I've left an AA routeplanner from Stockport to Gigg Lane and she's said nowt yet.......here's hoping she gets the hint :)
 :chair: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on January 31, 2013, 03:04:36 pm by Pintolager »
Hoola, please take this in the spirit it is meant. Ask your wife if you can go to Bury while she visits her Dad and you will make it upto her by some other means at a later date  ;)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 31, 2013, 05:36:07 pm by Mr1Croft »
I'm off, bought six tickets from the Ticket Office yesterday!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on January 31, 2013, 06:02:28 pm by hoolahoop »
Hoola, please take this in the spirit it is meant. Ask your wife if you can go to Bury while she visits her Dad and you will make it upto her by some other means at a later date  ;)

Done just that..............sorted 'pay on the day' it is . I love arr lass 'kickin and screaming' but going with me on this one.  :rtid:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on January 31, 2013, 06:04:47 pm by MrFrost »
Initial allocation of 1050 is sold out. Anyone else going can pay on the day for the same price £17.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on January 31, 2013, 06:08:02 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Good to see the day trippers coming out of the woodwork now we are doing well again.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on January 31, 2013, 06:08:36 pm by MrFrost »
Good to see the day trippers coming out of the woodwork now we are doing well again.

We'd have still taken double that number in 2003/04, so not all the glory hunters are back yet.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on January 31, 2013, 06:12:30 pm by The Red Baron »
Bury v Rovers 27th September 2003. Won 3-1 with goals from Fortune-West, Blundell and McIndoe.

Attendance: 3,606. Away fans: 1,076.

Looks like we might beat that number on Saturday.

I will be paying on the day. I can't afford to buy in advance in case the game is called off (though that seems highly unlikely now) as I can't get to a rearranged game in the week.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 31, 2013, 06:15:39 pm by hoolahoop »

Aimed at who Stu ?.........if it's me you've got the wrong man. Why the sniping again, we ALL support one team and you're bang out of order.
I take it you would prefer us to take 2/300 away as long as everyone going has been to EVERY match home and away for the last 20 years or even 30 years.  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 31, 2013, 06:16:02 pm by MrFrost »
Bury v Rovers 27th September 2003. Won 3-1 with goals from Fortune-West, Blundell and McIndoe.

Attendance: 3,606. Away fans: 1,076.

Looks like we might beat that number on Saturday.

I will be paying on the day. I can't afford to buy in advance in case the game is called off (though that seems highly unlikely now) as I can't get to a rearranged game in the week.

Early on in the season that one. If memory serves me correct we took 2500 to Rochdale on a Tuesday night.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on January 31, 2013, 06:22:04 pm by The Red Baron »
2,225 to be precise. But we were top of the League with eight games to go. The numbers at places like Crewe and Brentford will be the ones to watch if we're in the top few places down the stretch.

We took 2,096 to Boston in the final away game (the day we clinched the title) and had nearly half the crowd!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on January 31, 2013, 06:27:27 pm by IDM »

Some of us are unable for a variety of reasons to buy early, or to commit to attending.  Doesn't make us day trippers, nor glory hunters (Mr Frost)...

How many times are folks going to criticise attendance figures?  It doesn't matter - those who can go, go - others will come when they can..

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on January 31, 2013, 06:59:31 pm by Pintolager »

Some of us are unable for a variety of reasons to buy early, or to commit to attending.  Doesn't make us day trippers, nor glory hunters (Mr Frost)...

How many times are folks going to criticise attendance figures?  It doesn't matter - those who can go, go - others will come when they can..

I too am unable to commit to many games mainly due to finances, so have to pick my games. If it makes sheepskin stu feel better about himself to criticise fellow Rovers fans then bully for him. Shame really

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on January 31, 2013, 07:01:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well said. I must be a glory hunter ever since my first trip to Port Vale 1966/67.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on January 31, 2013, 07:02:13 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Who cares what other people want to do? It's up to them geez.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on January 31, 2013, 07:10:20 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
Absolutely agree with what's been said. Just because MrFrost comments on every attendance thread but doesn't go  to the games - doesn't make him any less of a fan. IN fact, I know he is good fan.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on January 31, 2013, 07:15:43 pm by The Red Baron »
For various reasons I haven't been to an away game since Crewe in the Johnstone's. I hope to be going on Saturday and continue my (League) away record this season which reads P. 4 W. 3. D. 1 L. 0. For 7 Agst 0.

I don't know if that makes me a glory-hunter or a kind of an "anti-Philsky" lucky charm!  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012