Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 05:59:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brian flynn's subtle changes  (Read 5197 times)

Scooter

• VSC Member
Brian flynn's subtle changes
« on January 19, 2013, 03:52:48 pm by Scooter »
There has been a noticeable decrease in long ball hit and hopes. This first half football has been brilliant with a lot of football played on the floor ( great pitch - well done ground staff and volunteers) . If we play like this the title will surely be ours!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Brian flynn's subtle changes
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2013, 03:56:04 pm by Barmby Rover »
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2013, 04:05:02 pm by Red wizard »
Best half so far. Copps pulling strings in the hole behind Brown.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2013, 04:42:22 pm by PDX_Rover »
"Copps pulling strings in the hole behind Brown."

The mind boggles...

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2013, 05:12:54 pm by Peebles Rover »
I listened a bit to the Leyton Orient commentators - they said they haven't seen a stronger, more organised team in the league.  And that our passing was sublime at times.  They thought we looked very strong contenders for the title and said you sometimes have to hold your hands up and accept defeat against as team as good as Doncaster.  Thought we have more strength in depth than Tranmere.  Nice to hear!!

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2013, 05:16:36 pm by bigbadjack »
I never thought we got out of 2nd gear to be honest it's gonna be interesting when Hume and paynter are back

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2013, 05:19:58 pm by Mr1Croft »
I have merely four words to say about today:

Brian Flynn's Barmy Army!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2013, 05:25:03 pm by Filo »
Keegan bossed the midfield, possibly his best display in the hoops

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2013, 05:25:28 pm by mushRTID »
Loved it today. Good performance although has to be said they looked as bad as Scunthorpe.

Brown, Copps and Keegan all excellent.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2013, 05:30:47 pm by Red wizard »
I thought we was superb.  Copps ran the show.  We should of scored a few more though. But its the most creative we have been sine Sod imo.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 19, 2013, 05:36:01 pm by MachoMadness »
Absolutely excellent performance today. Copps is giving us a real selection headache, he was superb today. We'll have Paynter and Hume back next game - where would you put them after today?

Not getting too carried away as Orient were poor, but you can only beat what's in front of you. We looked as dangerous going forward as I've seen us all season, absolutely magic watching that at times.

pubteam

« Reply #11 on January 19, 2013, 05:49:44 pm by pubteam »
Agreed, we played some really nice stuff today. Coppinger was instrumental in linking the midfield to the attack, and it was like clockwork at times between him, Brown, Cotterill, Keegan and Syers,

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 19, 2013, 05:54:28 pm by selby »
One big change no Husband in the squad again

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 19, 2013, 06:04:58 pm by Viking Don »
Pleasure to watch today for possibly the first time this season. Everyone did their job well and some excellent football played for a change. Keep this up and the crowds will come flocking back to watch another championship season, am really starting to believe we can win this league now.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 19, 2013, 06:14:48 pm by River Don »
Something good happened today.

I haven't felt as positive about a new manager since A player called Dave Penney had the opportunity to take hold of the reigns.

The passing at times was was crisp, and the whole thing started to look more fluid.

I'm trying to not get over excited, it is after all just one game but on the evidence of this I'm not missing Saunders at all.

On radio Sheffield tonight the Blades pundit said he hoped Rovers would start to slip up after Saunders left... Well after what I've seen today I don't think there is much fear of that happening.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 19, 2013, 06:15:39 pm by MachoMadness »
And, to further increase our selection headaches, Martin Woods is back in full training Monday. To say we're supposedly struggling with a thin squad, we're not doing bad!

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 19, 2013, 06:18:34 pm by MiKA »
Brian Flynn's subtle change ....... winning a game convincingly at home    :scarf:

A great performance today and for me every one of our players played at at least 8/10.  Keagan and Brown for me had their best games, Quinn is winning me round, Bennett was back to his best and is getting stuck in much more (he seems to be beefing up)  Coppinger was awesome and then there's Jonesy ..... what a player and what a signing.

Just a pub team but what a team   Well played boyz     :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :woohoo: :clapping: :clapping: :woohoo: :scarf: :rtid: 

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 19, 2013, 06:36:11 pm by Northants Nomad »
And, to further increase our selection headaches, Martin Woods is back in full training Monday. To say we're supposedly struggling with a thin squad, we're not doing bad!

We haven't a huge squad, which is good for team morale as everyone is in with a shout. However, we have also been 'lucky' with injuries and, I believe, have benefited from the fitness regime introduced by Mal Purchase. He's gone to Wolves with Dean and I hope Flynn's next "subtle change" is a fitness coach to match that man.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 19, 2013, 06:42:03 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
"Copps pulling strings in the hole behind Brown."

The mind boggles...

Yep it's a big HOLE to fill behind Brown,but Coppinger has the class to do it

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 19, 2013, 07:58:10 pm by Al4475 »
Subtle change today for me - we defended nearer the halfway line than our six yard box, which therefore meant we were set up more offensively with the same tried and trusted system and players (Copps the main change in Hume's role.) Well done everyone concerned! Loved the 10 minute non-stop rendition of 'Brian Flynn's Barmy Army' as the game drew to a close - good day at the office!

I was pleased today, and felt that in all fairness Orient were better than I expected at playing football than I thought they were going to be - lacking an attacking threat but tried to play some decent stuff. Thing is, we were far better in every department!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 19, 2013, 08:20:43 pm by MachoMadness »

We haven't a huge squad, which is good for team morale as everyone is in with a shout. However, we have also been 'lucky' with injuries and, I believe, have benefited from the fitness regime introduced by Mal Purchase. He's gone to Wolves with Dean and I hope Flynn's next "subtle change" is a fitness coach to match that man.

We haven't got a huge squad but I do believe we have a very very high quality squad for this level. Just look at some of the players who could be on the bench next time out - Woods, Hume, Paynter, Husband, not to mention Sinclair and Fowler who haven't really had a look in yet. Plenty of teams at this level would kill for that kind of quality. We've got a real selection headache, and for once it's the good kind.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 19, 2013, 08:29:09 pm by Capmeister »
What a nonsense thread. Orient came up. Got their beating. There'll be harder game between now and the end of the season. There's been no changes, unless they put hang seng in the tea and deep heat on the neck s of the bottles :s

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 19, 2013, 09:04:00 pm by bobjimwilly »
I agree with the 1st post actually. For instance, I didn't see one long throw into the box today?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 19, 2013, 09:08:53 pm by RobTheRover »
Subtle change today for me - we defended nearer the halfway line than our six yard box, which therefore meant we were set up more offensively with the same tried and trusted system and players (Copps the main change in Hume's role.) Well done everyone concerned! Loved the 10 minute non-stop rendition of 'Brian Flynn's Barmy Army' as the game drew to a close - good day at the office!

I was pleased today, and felt that in all fairness Orient were better than I expected at playing football than I thought they were going to be - lacking an attacking threat but tried to play some decent stuff. Thing is, we were far better in every department!

Spot on, Al.  I thought Orient's keeper kept them in it with 4 good saves and on another day we would have been a touch more clinical and won more convincingly.  Kyle was unlucky with his trademark curler to the far stick (seconds after Quinny's rasping drive nearly uprooted the goals) only for the Orient defender to stoop and head off the line.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 19, 2013, 09:10:05 pm by RedJ »
What a nonsense thread. Orient came up. Got their beating. There'll be harder game between now and the end of the season. There's been no changes, unless they put hang seng in the tea and deep heat on the neck s of the bottles :s
Capmeister in rage against the machine style moan - shock horror.

You can only beat what's in front of you.

For what it's worth I thought our football was great today, especially since Orient aren't as bad as some make out. Very few hoofs upfield, and even they were more long passes than hit and hope hoofball we see from S2.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 19, 2013, 10:04:58 pm by RobTheRover »
Hang on, dont diss RATM like that...

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 19, 2013, 11:37:57 pm by vaya »
'Brian Flynn's Subtle Changes' would make a great name for a jazz fusion combo though.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 19, 2013, 11:41:51 pm by Viking Don »
'Brian Flynn's Subtle Changes' would make a great name for a jazz fusion combo though.

It also sounds good to the tune of barmy army

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 20, 2013, 10:11:13 am by PaulRover08 »
I agree with the 1st post actually. For instance, I didn't see one long throw into the box today?

Not noticed that but you are right. I wonder if they've actually worked out that we never scored from the long throws.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 20, 2013, 10:12:31 am by mushRTID »
The snow round the pitch may have stopped the long throws.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012