Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:52:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our very own JR would like to submit 2 extra kits, but will we let him??  (Read 8430 times)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Article now on DROS.  JR would like to submit an extra home and away kit design to Just Sport.  But only if us, the fans will let him.

Get voting people

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-request-645310.aspx

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Our very own JR would like to submit 2 extra kits, but will we let him??
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2013, 03:56:32 pm by RedJ »
#Ryan, give us a shirt, Ryan, Ryan, give us a shirt#

donnyplant

• VSC Member
surely it would be only fair for us to see them before we allow them in?

and why is the poll not visible? Sounds a fix to me  :cold:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Well, he is a fan too so it's only fair!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Well, he is a fan too so it's only fair!

But only if we see them

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
I'd allow him because he is a fan too but I'm hoping this doesnt turn out to be fixed and John's already won it.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
The saving and developing the club we have today should make any sane Rovers fan say yes & he should be able to pick any shirt he likes even if it's his own design!

donnievic

• Forum Member
After all he has done for the club I think it's only fair to see if he is a good designer as he is a football chairman

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
Why, he's picked his own shirt in the past.
It was his choice of colour for the away kit this year.

We've just had a democratic vote on home/away shirts and now he wants to add more to the list.

Sorry John, but you're not being very democratic here!

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
Of course its OK for him to submit - who would deny him that. What is not OK is the feel good factory in cahoots with the club keeping certain parts of the process under wraps, and then drip feeding the rest of us peasants snippets of information like they are in the know.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
I read that as a dig at the VSC board, R-O-T. 

There are no parts of this process under wraps, at least not by us.  We've told you where we are in the process; the designs have been passed to the club and they in turn have been passed to Just Sports.  Which bit dont you understand?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 08, 2013, 04:55:05 pm by RedJ »
We're voting on it anyway so how would he be the one to choose the winner?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
I voted yes for him to have a go. He has "asked" if its okay for him to do so, and he is chairman - how cool is that?!

His shirt won't be named, though of course we'll know. Thats very fair.

No results announced till shirt is ready for sale is also good - though would be good to see the results of the voting at that point.

It all counts as democratic to me, with a little twist maybe? - ie he will assume we'll say yes to accepting his designs, and who knows what influence he has on Just Sports decision on "what is possible to manufacture"! Would be hilarious if we end up having just one home and one away shirt to vote for :laugh:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 08, 2013, 05:08:46 pm by Nudga »
Shouldn't we have a poll on here so we can vote yes or no rather than e-mailing the club a yes or no vote. It's got less chance of being rigged that way.

Sounds a load of b*llocks to me, I bet a pound to a pinch of shit that the fans shirts are not chosen in the end.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
I still feel John should show his designs to allow to vote properly just a yes, no vote with out them is basically a vote of yes, no to John and not his designs. As Absolute stated we have been democratic this isn't and smacks of the last fans shirt vote fiasco.

River Don

• Forum Member
Looks like the fans poll didn't go the way he wanted?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
I'd allow him because he is a fan too but I'm hoping this doesnt turn out to be fixed and John's already won it.

Have to say DonnyO, the same thought entered my cinical mind but I can't see anyone at the club being so stupid as to make such a move, it would inevitably get found out with dire consequences for the whole IRWT campaign.

I think the app for the 'Yes'/'No' voting may be flawed.  I've just voted twice seemingly without objection.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
Which bit dont you understand?

The factory asked the people to vote and kept the results secret. That may be the bit I don't understand.

Look, I spent 13 years as the captain of one of Europe's biggest shipping haulage vessels. I know how to run and organise a closed society of like minded people. As soon as you split the people along those who have the right to knowledge and those who don't, there will eventually be a mutiny. And when you are stuck on a ship without a life-jacket, you may be a moderate swimmer but you won't make it to the shore.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
... And when you are stuck on a ship without a life-jacket, you may be a moderate swimmer but you won't make it to the shore.
I suggest we get on with designing a club life jacket.

I do expect ALL voting results will be made clear very soon after the final design is for sale, and have seen no indication to suggest they won't. To me that would cover it all, no need to know the score along the way, unless you're obsessed by gossip and whinging.

River Don

• Forum Member

The factory asked the people to vote and kept the results secret. That may be the bit I don't understand.

Look, I spent 13 years as the captain of one of Europe's biggest shipping haulage vessels. I know how to run and organise a closed society of like minded people. As soon as you split the people along those who have the right to knowledge and those who don't, there will eventually be a mutiny. And when you are stuck on a ship without a life-jacket, you may be a moderate swimmer but you won't make it to the shore.

As a sea faring, fashion designer of high renown I can't help but think if only you had entered your own design, then there would have been no question about the winner. Everyone would be happy, the Rovers would look cool and the club would sell lots of shirts!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
If Ryan wants the Rovers playing in string vests it'd be alright by me.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 08, 2013, 05:41:02 pm by Mr1Croft »

Nothing is being kept secret, as discussed elsewhere the club are liaising with the manufacturers to ensure the shirts are doable. Once we know, you'll know.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
god can do what ever he wants

Mild Rover

• Forum Member
What are the odds that J.R.'s away shirt design will look a lot like this......

#sportingclubdoncaster

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

donnyplant

• VSC Member
why not have a poll on here to decide if we allow him? That way its transparent??? Not very transparent emailing someone is it....?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
I think a level of using the trust tool is reasonable here :)

River Don

• Forum Member
What are the odds that J.R.'s away shirt design will look a lot like this......

#sportingclubdoncaster

I sincerely hope not. It's the Leeds city colours!

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
Why didn't he ask for his shirts to be put in the VSC poll before, gonna cause some problems I think amongst our civil fans  :crying:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
No problem on them being added to the 10 up for the vote.

But the vote has to be open and transparent and the winners win !!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
I'm afraid this whole thing makes me (and others it seems) suspicious that a screwjob is underway to take the fans choice out of contention again!

I'm not overly bothered but after the farce that was "fans get to choose the away kit" for this season it does rankle a bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012