Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:15:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Flynn...  (Read 4058 times)

timdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Flynn...
« Reply #30 on February 11, 2013, 10:03:08 pm by timdrfc »
Is he too casual? Has his (over)confidence led to a drop in standards?

I don't want to get on his back as it's still early days, but all this talk of "we're the best team in the league" and "it's an easy job" is a complete change of tack from Saunders, who never used to take anything for granted, and always emphasised the need to keep improving.

In the past two games, we seem to have lost the defensive organisation that Saunders drilled into them. We might be trying to play better football at times, but the basics seem to have gone out of the window to me.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope it's just a blip, but I am concerned that we've become too complacent and started thinking that we can just go out and beat teams without earning it.
Excellent post , agree 100%

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Flynn...
« Reply #31 on February 11, 2013, 10:29:48 pm by hoolahoop »
Is he too casual? Has his (over)confidence led to a drop in standards?

I don't want to get on his back as it's still early days, but all this talk of "we're the best team in the league" and "it's an easy job" is a complete change of tack from Saunders, who never used to take anything for granted, and always emphasised the need to keep improving.

In the past two games, we seem to have lost the defensive organisation that Saunders drilled into them. We might be trying to play better football at times, but the basics seem to have gone out of the window to me.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope it's just a blip, but I am concerned that we've become too complacent and started thinking that we can just go out and beat teams without earning it.
Excellent post , agree 100%

+1 It's no coincidence that 2 games have been lost since that statement.........it's brought us all back to earth and hopefully the team too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012