Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:07:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fickle Fans  (Read 3327 times)

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
Fickle Fans
« on February 09, 2013, 06:42:13 pm by SIRFRAN »
Saturday afternoon, i go to the keepmoat to watch my high flying rovers and we get beat! obviously should have produced better today but these things happen, we are still in a good position which can be extended if we capitalise on our game in hand! so despite back to back defeats still optimistic of our promotion charge!

I would have assumed many rovers fans would feel the same a me, however i hear certain boos and comments today aimed at keegan, an bennett when he came on! and even worse i then get into an argument with 2 guys statin we took the cheap option with flynn and should have got a "proper" manager! All to happy when we are winning and to quick to stick the knife in when we are not! Disgraceful the attitude of some fans, especially considerin we are massively over achieving on what many thought we would do this season!!

Get behind the team! Win lose or draw! I just wish our home support was like our awat support!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Fickle Fans
« Reply #1 on February 09, 2013, 06:48:19 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We are just in the middle of a lean patch,Walsall aren't a bad side,normally we would edge them,but today was there day,plenty to be happy about,things are just not going for us at the minute,no need to panic,it's going to be tight for the rest of the season,there will be funny results till the end of the season,not just for us,for me i'd get a centre-half in on loan,someone a bit quicker at the side of Jones,or Tommy Spurr come inside and Husband full-back,we'll be all right.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 09, 2013, 06:49:39 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Pretty much agree with all that SirFran - well said!

On to Tuesday - come on Rovers  :scarf:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 09, 2013, 06:50:56 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
The lads 100% so no moans here. Flynn dropped a bollock playing Harper and Keegan.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 09, 2013, 06:55:11 pm by idler »
Like Bury last week today comes as no surprise to supporters of a certain age.  :scarf: been there done it and got the tee shirt.
I just hope that we can do It on tuesday.
Even if we don't there's still a long way to go. :)

vikingwill

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 09, 2013, 06:57:18 pm by vikingwill »
The fans can't pick the team each week but every week they can get behind the team and support them - booing etc is just destructive and in the long run will ruin the player/fan relationship which is generally good.

:rtid:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 09, 2013, 06:58:36 pm by RedJ »
To be honest I thought the boos (if you're meaning the ones at half time) were aimed at the ref. The players had all scarpered by the time they started from where I could see.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 09, 2013, 06:59:10 pm by Capmeister »
Keegan got injured doing what he does best. Getting stuck in where it hurts and he was. Up 'til then Harper was in amongst everything. We're on a poor run and though I loathe to admit it in a false position. We're actually not that good. We miss Hume. Strange that too. Where is he. At the end of the day it's football. I love it and will be there at Crawley. 3 spaces in the Beast if anyone fancies it. Up the Rovers!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 09, 2013, 06:59:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Kid near me shouted the N word when Brady scored. He was about 10 and it makes U wonder what's growing up. Are ST too cheap at the kid end?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 09, 2013, 07:01:30 pm by RedJ »
Keegan got injured doing what he does best. Getting stuck in where it hurts and he was. Up 'til then Harper was in amongst everything. We're on a poor run and though I loathe to admit it in a false position. We're actually not that good. We miss Hume. Strange that too. Where is he. At the end of the day it's football. I love it and will be there at Crawley. 3 spaces in the Beast if anyone fancies it. Up the Rovers!

False position, yeah cos you can luck your way into second.. or wherever we are now, not looked yet.

Hume's still out with a calf strain, two more weeks.

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 10, 2013, 04:38:15 am by viking87 »
To be honest I thought the boos (if you're meaning the ones at half time) were aimed at the ref. The players had all scarpered by the time they started from where I could see.

No booing was aimed at the rovers from what I can gather, as soon as the players left I started booing that poor excuse for a referee. Jesus christ he was a shit ref..

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 10, 2013, 08:18:13 am by RobTheRover »
The boys were definitely for the ref. Did his best to spoil a good game.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 10, 2013, 10:57:12 am by Standanista »
Ref was terrible, the boos were for him as I understood.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 10, 2013, 11:38:12 am by The Red Baron »
I didn't boo him- I just called him a useless something that ryhmes with "anchor." In hindsight I probably let him off lightly.

Like Idler, I can remember too many seasons going tits-up after Christmas. I still shudder when I think of the second half of the 1990-91 season and fear history might be about to repeat itself. That time we stuffed ourselves by selling a couple of our better players. This time I think we need to reinforce pdq.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 10, 2013, 12:14:28 pm by Donnylass »
McCombe still seems out of sorts. I thought he had a poor game with no pace, but then someone mentioned that he had been sick on the pitch. Where is Husband? Can we not get him back playing, until McCombe is fully fit. I thought for his age he's been outstanding.

All said and done we're still joint top of the table with a game in hand.  :scarf:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 10, 2013, 12:34:34 pm by DonnyRTID »
McCombe still seems out of sorts. I thought he had a poor game with no pace, but then someone mentioned that he had been sick on the pitch. Where is Husband? Can we not get him back playing, until McCombe is fully fit. I thought for his age he's been outstanding.

All said and done we're still joint top of the table with a game in hand.  :scarf:

He was on the bench, would also have liked to see him put in an appearance.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 10, 2013, 01:33:41 pm by mjg »
I dont know why people get carried away with things. we are safe from relegation and the rest is a bonus.considering we have been poor for most of the season things are surprisingly
rosey. i tipped relegation after the first 6 inept performances.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 10, 2013, 02:12:19 pm by hoolahoop »
We're fine otherwise we wouldn't be where we are, yes there are a couple of problems to iron out and I'm sure they will be addressed.
Keep the faith.  :rtid:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 10, 2013, 02:58:13 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
That ref was the worst I have ever ever witnessed!

I have watch football for thirty years and 1000's of games and he was the worst!

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 11, 2013, 08:52:52 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
That's what winds me up about being a football fan, not allowed to have a negative opinion on another human being who earns 10 times + what I do a week for doing something they love, and not even giving it a 100%.

Not 'fickle'! Frustrated!

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 11, 2013, 08:53:44 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
That ref was the worst I have ever ever witnessed!

I have watch football for thirty years and 1000's of games and he was the worst!

Mick Russell?

mynapcouk

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 12, 2013, 02:06:08 pm by mynapcouk »
Football fans are fickle, it's the way of the world. Everyone is on the bandwagon when the team is winning...

Nigel Adkins sacked...
Uproar...
Southampton beat Man City 3-1...
Nigel who?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012