Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:12:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: cotts dive  (Read 5177 times)

donnievic

• Forum Member
cotts dive
« on February 10, 2013, 01:46:04 pm by donnievic »
See nothing has been said about it but if it had been Keegan or Bennett who had gone down sure alot would have been on there back about it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: cotts dive
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2013, 01:48:57 pm by Filo »
See nothing has been said about it but if it had been Keegan or Bennett who had gone down sure alot would have been on there back about it

I thought it was a penalty, the player caught him, Cotts got to the ball before him but made the most of going down, outside of the box it`s a free kick, inside and it`s considered a dive

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2013, 01:50:20 pm by donnievic »
the player was no where near cotts #fact

donnydunph

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2013, 01:51:39 pm by donnydunph »
it was a shocking attempt at a dive, i was laughing.  :thumbsup:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2013, 01:51:46 pm by dickos1 »
He never got the ball otherwise it would've been a corner. #fact

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2013, 01:53:22 pm by donnievic »
He never got the ball otherwise it would've been a corner. #fact
thats why the ref gave a goal kick cotts kicked it out and dived #fact

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2013, 01:57:57 pm by mushRTID »
Dreadful dive and he knew it afterwards.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 10, 2013, 02:03:15 pm by MachoMadness »
Was a shocking dive and I reckon the ref had it in his mind later on when Brown was blatantly hauled back in the area.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2013, 02:41:31 pm by vaya »
Dive for me as well I'm afraid. Brown though was swept down in a move last seen in the Karate Kid.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 10, 2013, 02:58:49 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Given that Febian Brandy went to ground far too often, I thought a lot of his were theatricals more often than not dives, yet he wasn't once pulled up by the ref.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 10, 2013, 03:01:17 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

I thought it was a penalty, the player caught him, Cotts got to the ball before him but made the most of going down, outside of the box it`s a free kick, inside and it`s considered a dive

People saying they have seen it on video and it was a pen.

No where near him? Of course he was!

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 10, 2013, 03:03:35 pm by timdrfc »
Why do we need a thread like this ?

What a joke , someone trying to get at Rovers most effective player, check his stats for assists & goals !

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 10, 2013, 03:26:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
We call a spade a spade here. He is a great player, one of the best wingers in this league easy, but he went down a bit soft yesterday. Chris Brown was definitely brought down as he was about to shoot. Penalty easy. Not given.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 10, 2013, 03:27:41 pm by GazLaz »
He should have been sent off it was that bad. He didnt even argue the booking which tells you it was a dive.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 10, 2013, 03:30:50 pm by StocktonRover »
He should have been sent off it was that bad. He didnt even argue the booking which tells you it was a dive.

No it doesn't - it might tell you that last week he realised having a go at the officials about a poor decision wont reverse it and will get you booked again an in this case with a joke of a ref probably sent off.
Strange how the ref then let the keeper take the resultant kick from where Cotts went to ground outside the 6 yard box?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 10, 2013, 03:52:13 pm by GazLaz »
You can't be serious. If you should have had a penalty and you get booked for diving you go mad.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 10, 2013, 04:06:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Nice to see player shows both penalty shouts  :headbang:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 10, 2013, 04:29:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The ref was quick to book Cotts, and appeared to show zero tolerance to players 'diving'. This is commendable providing the same approach is shown every time the offence is committed.

On at least three occasions Walsall players were guilty of blatant diving, and should have been carded for bad acting as much as diving, but, alas, the ref was conned by them......Unless of course he was cheating too.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 10, 2013, 04:32:05 pm by donnievic »
Why do we need a thread like this ?

What a joke , someone trying to get at Rovers most effective player, check his stats for assists & goals !

Whats your problem if it had been Bennett or Keegan they would be moaning saying it was a dive just because it was cotts then why should we not say anything about it,i remember guy use to get murdered for divig

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 10, 2013, 04:46:54 pm by RedJ »
Definitely caught him but I don't think it was enough to take him down the way Cotts went to ground. Looked an obvious dive.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 10, 2013, 05:02:31 pm by donnievic »

No it doesn't - it might tell you that last week he realised having a go at the officials about a poor decision wont reverse it and will get you booked again an in this case with a joke of a ref probably sent off.
Strange how the ref then let the keeper take the resultant kick from where Cotts went to ground outside the 6 yard box?
tgats because it was outside the 6 yard box where it happened

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 10, 2013, 06:34:13 pm by DonnyNoel »
Definitely caught him but I don't think it was enough to take him down the way Cotts went to ground. Looked an obvious dive.

All about angles as they say, from the far side of the south stand to the incident there appeared to be clear daylight between the players, he didn't make the most of anything - clear dive.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 10, 2013, 07:08:27 pm by rich1471 »
I sit right behind the goal in the south stand and it was a clear dive their player was no were near cotts and you could see clear day light when cotts went down , but from another part of the ground it may well look like a penalty it was the only thing the ref got correct all game.

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 10, 2013, 07:52:11 pm by shaun from thorne »
If you choose to dive in the box and try and cheat the ref you have to except the consequences......in this instance he got what he deserved,but if the ref had given a pen and we scored then we all would have been happy........you can't win.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 10, 2013, 09:05:31 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Still to this day don't know whats wrong with diving? It's part of the modern game... Hypocritical if you slag diving off, because you'd still accept it if we ended getting a goal/penalty for it.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 11, 2013, 12:03:35 am by RobTheRover »
I sit right behind the goal in the south stand and it was a clear dive their player was no were near cotts and you could see clear day light when cotts went down , but from another part of the ground it may well look like a penalty it was the only thing the ref got correct all game.

I sit in the SS too, and the line of Cotts' run was coming straight towards me, and I can tell you for a fact there was contact, albeit minor, which is why Cotts went down.  Cant blame him for that, if you agree with what the likes of Shearer and Hanson say about it.  If there is contact, you go down.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 11, 2013, 12:19:42 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The problem is it looked a deliberate dive. To us old school ex-players it's a part of the modern game we hate. Had the ref had given it, then I would be thinking he got conned. Yes I know Brandy conned the ref on more than one occasion but that doesn't make it right.

We all know he did not have to go down even if there was the slightest contact.

There are pulls, pushes all over the park and it seems like the refs just guess and feel obliged to give a foul on way or the other. When it's six of one and half a dozen of the other just play on!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 11, 2013, 12:27:18 am by RedJ »
I wonder if the speed at which he was running was what took him down more than the contact, though, and the forward/downward momentum that he'd have gotten from a mixture of the two.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 11, 2013, 06:05:34 am by jonnydog »
I wonder if the speed at which he was running was what took him down more than the contact, though, and the forward/downward momentum that he'd have gotten from a mixture of the two.

I said that at the time

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 11, 2013, 08:12:57 am by donnievic »
The reason he dived is he thought the player was going to put his foot there to try and get the ball but didn't that's why there wasnt any contact

TinyPortal © 2005-2012