Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:06:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: cotts dive  (Read 5176 times)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
Re: cotts dive
« Reply #30 on February 11, 2013, 08:42:39 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
A dive from where I was sat I'm afraid, he didn't need too do it!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 11, 2013, 08:49:03 am by DonnyNoel »
I sit right behind the goal in the south stand and it was a clear dive their player was no were near cotts and you could see clear day light when cotts went down , but from another part of the ground it may well look like a penalty it was the only thing the ref got correct all game.

I sit in the SS too, and the line of Cotts' run was coming straight towards me, and I can tell you for a fact there was contact, albeit minor, which is why Cotts went down.  Cant blame him for that, if you agree with what the likes of Shearer and Hanson say about it.  If there is contact, you go down.

Shows how hard it is eh, I can tell you for a fact there wasn't and if Cotts was coming towards you then I had the better view.

So nerrr. ;)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 11, 2013, 08:56:57 am by donnievic »
Yeah I was sat right behind the goal and there was deffo no contact and that's why he didn't even argue the fact and not because he got booked the week before at bury for doing that,as his nature is to argue if he thinks he is right.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 11, 2013, 09:32:05 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Just seen it on Player  :unsure: shocker

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 11, 2013, 11:54:39 am by Norfolk N Chance »
So what if he dived they all do it.

Good luck to him I say!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 11, 2013, 12:09:40 pm by Barmby Rover »
No penalty, the booking was a bit stupid though, the sort of thing that a ref has a quick word about when running away from the incident. I approve of diving getting bookings in which case several times Wallsall players should have been booked, consistency is everything in refereeing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 11, 2013, 12:38:29 pm by Filo »
Just seen it on player, I take back what i said earlier, It`s a dive, no question! why was n`t the stonewaller on Brown shown?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 11, 2013, 02:05:04 pm by donnievic »
So what if he dived they all do it.

Good luck to him I say!
will remind you of that then when he picks up his 10th booking and misses 2 games or when no doubt as bad the refs are in this league we get a pen given against us for it

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 11, 2013, 05:52:13 pm by Lesonthewest »
Dive for me I'm afraid, although later in the game a Walsall player went down trying to con the ref but he didn't buy it, so on the same proviso he should have been carded, then again I'd given up with the incompetent man in black by then.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012