Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:07:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just goes to show jr was talking rubbish when said fa contacted him  (Read 3991 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
About offering Bennett his Bentley if he scored 20 goals
As this chairman did same thing except kept his promise
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-21401047

Though in hindsight in wouldn't have mattered as Bennett is crap and would never
Score 20 goals in a season

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Just goes to show jr was talking rubbish when said fa contacted him
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2013, 06:46:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
No, you're talking rubbish. Bennett is a player not a manager. Apples and pears.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2013, 06:50:14 pm by DonnyNoel »
This isn't the same at all. What JR offered to KB could clearly be classed as a bonus whereas this appears to be more a gift triggered by a random event. I can assure you the FA would have been all over JR's offer like a rash and classed it as a potential illegal payment, not that it would fit ina brown envelope of course!

streatham dave

• VSC Member
God the negativity on here by a few towards JR. Awful.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I wonder when JR reads this sort of stuff if he ever comes near to saying F*ck these ingrates, I'm off?

On the other hand it is more likely he aknowledges that it's inevitable there will be a small percentage of nagative kitsons.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2013, 07:01:23 pm by MiKA »
JR is God ................ end of     :woohoo:

MartinB

« Reply #6 on February 10, 2013, 07:14:37 pm by MartinB »
Just another WUM, however there are so many on here lately...can't something be done to stop these d**kheads posting?

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
I often dispair at some of the drivvel I read on here  :suicide:

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2013, 07:30:59 pm by RTID75 »
Time to use a post approval system for the first 30 or so posts from newbies. Stopped newbie WUM's in their tracks on the forum I run.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 10, 2013, 07:33:11 pm by MrFrost »
Isn't the Mansfield chairman owner of One Call Insurance?

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
Why is it different?

"if you do this, i'll give you my car" is not different to "if you do this, i'll give you my car".

So why were Mansfield allowed to do this, but we weren't?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 11, 2013, 06:36:34 pm by Filo »
Copies of the players contract are lodged with the FA, all earnings at the time the contract was made have to be declared, suddenly announcing you`re going to give a player a car without re negotiating the contract is against the rules. Managers are not subject to the same conditions

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
Copies of the players contract are lodged with the FA, all earnings at the time the contract was made have to be declared, suddenly announcing you`re going to give a player a car without re negotiating the contract is against the rules. Managers are not subject to the same conditions

Why's that then?  :s surely a contract is a contract, whether they are a player or a manager, therefore should have the same rules?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 11, 2013, 06:42:35 pm by The Red Baron »

Maybe we could have used it as an opportunity to renegotiate Bennett's contract- and get him signed up a bit longer.

As it is, he'll walk at the end of the season and we'll get peanuts for him.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member

Maybe we could have used it as an opportunity to renegotiate Bennett's contract- and get him signed up a bit longer.

As it is, he'll walk at the end of the season and we'll get peanuts for him.

We'll get less than peanuts.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2013, 09:40:47 am by Donnybax »
Hes under 24 so we will get something but it wont be up to us to decide how much

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
Didn't we reject a bid from forest, or just an enquiry? If a bid, surely we'll try use that with the tribunal case?

At the end of the day, we've paid 180k transfer fee for him and we owe 20% of the next fee to Bury. We'll end up owing peanuts out instead of receiving them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 12, 2013, 12:29:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Why's that then?  :s surely a contract is a contract, whether they are a player or a manager, therefore should have the same rules?

You've never studied tax law, have you?  ;)

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member

You've never studied tax law, have you?  ;)

No i haven't. They are both employee's with contracts though so i don't understand how it can be different   :s weird.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 12, 2013, 12:44:06 pm by DaveOfDonny »
JR actually said he'd let Bennett drive his Bentley, the press were wrong.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:48:17 pm by DaveOfDonny »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 12, 2013, 12:44:12 pm by RobTheRover »
Its to stop the illegal payments which were being made some years back, and the inference that extra money was effectively a "bribe" to try more/less harder.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
Its to stop the illegal payments which were being made some years back, and the inference that extra money was effectively a "bribe" to try more/less harder.

A bribe? It's a reward... I can understand the' illegal payments' stuff but i don't see why it's seen as different between a manager and player.

No, John Ryan changed his story to that.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 12, 2013, 12:55:23 pm by DaveOfDonny »

A bribe? It's a reward... I can understand the' illegal payments' stuff but i don't see why it's seen as different between a manager and player.

No, he said the press got it wrong, which wouldn't be the first time.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member

No, he said the press got it wrong, which wouldn't be the first time.

Wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2193134/Doncasters-Kyle-Bennett-offered-chairmans-Bentley-20-goals.html

John Ryan only changed his story, after the FA got wind of the reward on offer...

Even quotes both John Ryan and Kyle Bennett.

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 12, 2013, 01:43:00 pm by Milepostuk »
Or maybe Mansfield just agreed to pay the tax!

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 12, 2013, 04:57:17 pm by Tiddysdad »
Am I right in thinking that Cox is the chairmans son-in-law?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012