Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:13:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Out Of Contract...  (Read 3476 times)

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
Out Of Contract...
« on February 11, 2013, 06:51:56 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
From the Tommy Spurr thread. Who exactly are out of contract in the summer? I know Spurr and Bennett are, but who else? Hope both of their situations are sorted asap.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Out Of Contract...
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2013, 06:55:43 pm by The Red Baron »
I think it is easier to list those still under contract. Not a definitive list but Coppinger, Cotterill, Jones, McCombe, Syers, Paynter and Husband. Anyone know any others?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2013, 07:08:12 pm by Dutch Uncle »
TRB - I think you are totally correct - I believe all players outside of those 7 are out of contract in the summer

I hope a number of negotiations are going on as we speak..........

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2013, 07:10:47 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Worse than i thought then! We do need a big squad overhaul again in the summer anyway, but i hope we aren't going to leave it too late and lose good players for free.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2013, 07:14:46 pm by DonnyNoel »
Worse than i thought then! We do need a big squad overhaul again in the summer anyway, but i hope we aren't going to leave it too late and lose good players for free.

Its a balancing act though - the club may have one eye on promotion and not fancy renewing a couple of players whom they think won't make the jump. Likewise there may be a few players not interested in playing L1 next season...

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2013, 07:18:26 pm by Belle Vue Popside »

Its a balancing act though - the club may have one eye on promotion and not fancy renewing a couple of players whom they think won't make the jump. Likewise there may be a few players not interested in playing L1 next season...

True, but the club will also have an idea on a few of the players they want to keep no matter what league we are in... I hope we are already in talks with those.

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2013, 07:38:22 pm by DonnyEl »
From the Tommy Spurr thread. Who exactly are out of contract in the summer? I know Spurr and Bennett are, but who else? Hope both of their situations are sorted asap.

1. Neil Sullivan
2. Paul Quinn
4. Shelton Martis
7. Martin Woods
9. Chris Brown
10. Robbie Blake
13. Jonathon Maxted
14. Tommy Spurr
15. Liam Wakefield
19. Andy Griffin
20. James Harper
21. Lee Fowler
23. Kyle Bennett
25. Jordan Ball
30. Paul Keegan
31. Paddy Mullen
33. Gary Woods

Plus the end of loans for Hume and Sinclair

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2013, 07:45:40 pm by Rios »
1. Neil Sullivan
2. Paul Quinn
4. Shelton Martis
7. Martin Woods
9. Chris Brown
10. Robbie Blake
13. Jonathon Maxted
14. Tommy Spurr
15. Liam Wakefield
19. Andy Griffin
20. James Harper
21. Lee Fowler
23. Kyle Bennett
25. Jordan Ball
30. Paul Keegan
31. Paddy Mullen
33. Gary Woods

Plus the end of loans for Hume and Sinclair

To be honest if we're to move forward, regardless of which division we're in next season I'd only keep three, maybe four of that list.  Spurr, Brown, Martin Woods would be definites with Bennett (who I don't think wants to stay anyway) and Keegan as maybes.  I'd use the rest of their wages to rebuild.

I'd have Hume too but as he's another year on £8k a week PNE contract I doubt he'll be here next season unless it's on loan again.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2013, 07:45:48 pm by GazLaz »
Scandalous that. We could lose a couple of million quids worth of players there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 11, 2013, 07:57:56 pm by RedJ »
Let's remember we have a more, shall we say able CEO now than in previous times.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 11, 2013, 08:02:31 pm by wilts rover »
Scandalous that. We could lose a couple of million quids worth of players there.

You have a far more generous assesment than me, I can only see us getting a fee for two, maybe three of them.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 11, 2013, 08:45:40 pm by Draytonian III »
Thought Jordan Ball signed a longer contract

Keith Myath

« Reply #12 on February 11, 2013, 08:54:48 pm by Keith Myath »
Aside from spurr I wouldn't lose any sleep if they all went, Gazlaz You'd make an awful accountant

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 11, 2013, 09:09:35 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Tommy Spurr would fetch a good amount... So would Bennett. Martin Woods and Chris Brown included and a couple of million is about right imo.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 11, 2013, 09:14:14 pm by GazLaz »
G Woods and Bennett have to be worth plenty. Young and bags of potential. Already had scouts watching then. If Tommy's not worth more than Friend was ill stand hanging, he's twice the left back. Brown is a quality player and it would only take a good half a season from M Woods for him to be worth plenty. You just can't let assets go for free in our position. You are either a poor judge of a player or a terrible business man.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 11, 2013, 09:46:53 pm by Rios »
Or on the other side of that, Bennett has had only a few good games this season and gone missing in the rest.  Gary Woods isn't worth anything if he cant save a shot from 30 yards and cant command his area effectively.  Brown is forever injured and no club is going to pay any money for him... well apart from Bristol City under Sod maybe.  Martin Woods hasn't had a good "half-season" for a good few years now.  The only one I'd expect money for would be Spurr and he's out of contract anyway!

Not being negative, just realistic.  Every fan thinks their own teams players are better than what they really are.  They're only worth what others will pay and apart from Spurr and Cotterill I can't see anyone paying any money for anyone else, for whatever reason.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 11, 2013, 09:52:35 pm by wilts rover »
Martin Woods has hardly played for three seasons, Brown has a chronic back problem and will go for as much as we payed for him. Bennett has been slated on here for how long, how many scouts would he impress, how much extra value has he put on the fee we paid for him? No way would he get in a Championship squad never mind team from his recent performances.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 11, 2013, 11:10:30 pm by RoversAlias »
1. Neil Sullivan
2. Paul Quinn
4. Shelton Martis
7. Martin Woods
9. Chris Brown
10. Robbie Blake
13. Jonathon Maxted
14. Tommy Spurr
15. Liam Wakefield
19. Andy Griffin
20. James Harper
21. Lee Fowler
23. Kyle Bennett
25. Jordan Ball
30. Paul Keegan
31. Paddy Mullen
33. Gary Woods

Bolded are the players I think we should definitely try and keep regardless of which league we are in next season.

I agree that we could probably do with another overhaul of the squad this summer.

Keith Myath

« Reply #18 on February 11, 2013, 11:50:33 pm by Keith Myath »
Maximum values of these players selling, You could say Bennet & Gary Woods could potentially get us more, but the rest of value have all had a better chance at making it at bigger clubs and obiously failed as they are in league one with us. Dont ever remember anyone making any offers for them either pre season or in january. We should have snapped up Prestons offer for Martin Woods but hindsight and all that

1. Neil Sullivan = £0
2. Paul Quinn = £125,000
4. Shelton Martis = £75,000
7. Martin Woods = £50,000
9. Chris Brown = £100,000
10. Robbie Blake = £0
13. Jonathon Maxted = £0
14. Tommy Spurr = £400,000
15. Liam Wakefield = ££0
19. Andy Griffin = £0
20. James Harper = £0
21. Lee Fowler = £0
23. Kyle Bennett = £100,000
25. Jordan Ball = £0
30. Paul Keegan = £25,000
31. Paddy Mullen = £0
33. Gary Woods = £250,000

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 12, 2013, 03:37:24 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Maximum values of these players selling, You could say Bennet & Gary Woods could potentially get us more, but the rest of value have all had a better chance at making it at bigger clubs and obiously failed as they are in league one with us. Dont ever remember anyone making any offers for them either pre season or in january. We should have snapped up Prestons offer for Martin Woods but hindsight and all that

1. Neil Sullivan = £0
2. Paul Quinn = £125,000
4. Shelton Martis = £75,000
7. Martin Woods = £50,000
9. Chris Brown = £100,000
10. Robbie Blake = £0
13. Jonathon Maxted = £0
14. Tommy Spurr = £400,000
15. Liam Wakefield = ££0
19. Andy Griffin = £0
20. James Harper = £0
21. Lee Fowler = £0
23. Kyle Bennett = £100,000
25. Jordan Ball = £0
30. Paul Keegan = £25,000
31. Paddy Mullen = £0
33. Gary Woods = £250,000

You've undervalued Spurr, M.Woods, Bennett and Brown imo. I'd put them 4 at about 1.5/1.7m between them...  :ermm:

You've overvalued Martis and Gary Woods. Possibly Quinn too.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 12, 2013, 03:56:33 pm by southwestexile »
We need to hang on to Chris Woods for as long as we can, he's still making mistakes but has stepped up with some very creditable performances and been man of the match on more than one occasion. I can't fathom people suggesting we allow Jordan Ball to leave in the summer, we need to keep as many of the young players as we can.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 12, 2013, 04:16:55 pm by GazLaz »
You have got to consider potential value as well. Players like Benno and woods have ability and potential to improve. They are only half a season of consistent form away from being worth loads.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 12, 2013, 04:26:09 pm by Tiddysdad »
I don't think this Thread is helping the team at all. If the players were to read this - and I'm sure some of them do - what are they going to think.
they're not going to be putting in 100% while they're thinking that we want shut of them.
at this moment in time we should be encouraging not slagging.

Get behind the lads - we need them on our side if we want our club to progress.
 :rtid:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 12, 2013, 04:32:59 pm by GazLaz »
Just think of the players that will be still under contract and their vaule-

Cotterill- £8m
Jones- £30m

Etc

TinyPortal © 2005-2012