Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 03:13:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New posters and negativity  (Read 1671 times)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
New posters and negativity
« on February 11, 2013, 10:51:57 pm by StocktonRover »
maybe its just sheer co-incidence but there seems to be an increasing number of negative  or inflamatory posts of late from people who have hardly ever posted previously  :whistle:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Re: New posters and negativity
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2013, 11:00:27 pm by afro goal machine »
The last two losses have shook the woodwork

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2013, 12:21:45 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The beauty  of the internet is that the entire world of knowledge is at your fingertips and you have the ability to interact with thoughtful, intelligent people from all corners of the globe.

The downside is that the utter f**king bell-ends who have no idea how to interact with the beautiful world out there, the ones that you would have crossed the street to avoid in the pre-on-line age, come crashing onto your screen whenever they feel like it.

If a sociopathic cock-wipe started regaling you with their mental diarrhoea on the bus, you'd ignore them, get off at the next stop or tell them to f**k off before you knocked them into the middle of next week, depending on your physical confidence and your anger management skills. It makes sense to do one of the first two in the on-line world.

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2013, 12:38:30 am by coppsisgod »
I will be honest I was guilty of this a few weeks back. To be fair I have to admit that losing did bring me to post on here because I was angry and it felt better to vent. I posted a bit after the Walsall game though and I think it was all pretty positive. Basically if we win on Tuesday everything is rosy again but yeah I will try and cut down on negative posts in the future. Apologies.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2013, 12:41:34 am by RoversAlias »
I will be honest I was guilty of this a few weeks back. To be fair I have to admit that losing did bring me to post on here because I was angry and it felt better to vent. I posted a bit after the Walsall game though and I think it was all pretty positive. Basically if we win on Tuesday everything is rosy again but yeah I will try and cut down on negative posts in the future. Apologies.

There are certainly bigger culprits than you mate.

Some of the recent additions hav done their best to be nothing but WUMs of the highest order. Thankfully most of them are not very good at it!

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2013, 12:47:55 am by coppsisgod »
Haha true true. I think you can take any post directly after a game with a pinch of salt. Emotions still running high and all that.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2013, 12:49:05 am by newyankee »
 Anybody watch WBA beat Liverpool,it happens to the best teams. All the possession and all the shots, yet the Baggies first shot is the winner.  Why don't the negative posters come on when we win, because it's the done thing to gripe.

They need to be treated with the contempt they deserve, I know we all have a right to post but for God's sake we are still in joint top position and will go top if we win tomorrow. Get agrip lads.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2013, 02:12:32 am by RobTheRover »
No need to apologise, Coppsisgod.  Nobody has to be positive all the time, football is about highs and lows and that is reflected in the debates.  WUMs are the ones who only post after a defeat or who never post anything positive even when we are doing well, purely to get a rise out of someone

We tolerate them on here a little more than we should.  I suspect that mood is starting to change. 

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2013, 07:59:02 am by jonnydog »
It's not just new posters, there's plenty of WUM's in the experienced poster(s) ;)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2013, 08:06:57 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Plus there is a big difference between being a WUM and having an opinion

roversmad

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2013, 08:19:15 am by roversmad »
Looking at the number of comments on here about WUMS seems to me they are achieving what they set out to do.Just ignore them they will soon get fed up.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2013, 09:27:56 am by Colin C No.3 »
The beauty  of the internet is that the entire world of knowledge is at your fingertips and you have the ability to interact with thoughtful, intelligent people from all corners of the globe.

The downside is that the utter f***ing bell-ends who have no idea how to interact with the beautiful world out there, the ones that you would have crossed the street to avoid in the pre-on-line age, come crashing onto your screen whenever they feel like it.

If a sociopathic cock-wipe started regaling you with their mental diarrhoea on the bus, you'd ignore them, get off at the next stop or tell them to f*** off before you knocked them into the middle of next week, depending on your physical confidence and your anger management skills. It makes sense to do one of the first two in the on-line world.

For those very reasons, I haven't posted since November & this is only the third time since then I've actually logged onto the forum.

Can't be doing with 'em anymore.

docothered

« Reply #12 on February 12, 2013, 09:44:40 am by docothered »
Just one of those things we played good football 1st half in second half up to the last 15 minutes in total control iam sure just a blip on our way to glory and a return to the championship  :) :) :)

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 12, 2013, 12:11:18 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
I hope i'm not in the 'WUM' section? I'm just an opinionated t**t  :thumbsup:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 12, 2013, 12:33:29 pm by RobTheRover »
Like we'd tell you if you was.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2013, 12:38:04 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
I can read minds though, so i already know.

Even over the internet... I'm that good!

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 12, 2013, 12:52:32 pm by coppsisgod »
So much to still be positive about. We were not great on Saturday but if Cotts wonder strike that hit the bar goes in then we probably win the game and we all would have gone home happy. Fine margins. Hopefully we get the rub of the green against franchise tonight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012