Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 05:48:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nobody coming in yet  (Read 11467 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Nobody coming in yet
« on February 15, 2013, 02:51:18 pm by RoversAlias »
Doncaster Rovers will not be signing anyone today. They had been hoping to add a player before the weekend. #DRFC

Taken from Rob Staton's Twitter. Excellent news.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Re: Nobody coming in yet
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2013, 02:55:19 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I'm sure we'll have someone in in time for Monday nights game

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2013, 02:56:40 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm not so sure. Most teams have matches to focus on today and tomorrow now.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2013, 03:04:30 pm by eastender »
Liam Hoden ‏@liamhodenDFP
Should both Hume & Syers be fit for Crawley, Flynn will not bring two in. #drfc

It looks like there's a good chance a least one of them will be fit now there's nobody's coming in.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2013, 03:17:54 pm by Wade Falana »
Liam Hoden ‏@liamhodenDFP
Should both Hume & Syers be fit for Crawley, Flynn will not bring two in. #drfc

I'm sure the Free Press get their info off this site. They claimed we were signing Madine this morning.
It looks like there's a good chance a least one of them will be fit now there's nobody's coming in.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2013, 03:43:25 pm by MachoMadness »
Should we take that to mean we will have one coming in anyway or am I reading too much into it?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2013, 03:55:29 pm by RedJ »
I wouldn't be too surprised if we didn't actually see a new striker going by Flynn's comments on Ball.

Obviously you can't read that from that 100%, I know, but perhaps worth thinking about.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2013, 03:57:23 pm by MrFrost »
Even if we start getting players back form injury - we still need some additions!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2013, 04:10:03 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Quite right Mike and Syers and Hume don't look like being fit anyway

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2013, 04:36:57 pm by grayx »
Even if we start getting players back form injury - we still need some additions!

CORRECT.
Get those purse strings loosened before its too late.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 15, 2013, 05:10:36 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Do we not learn?? So we have to either chuck youngsters in, or risk rushing injured players back, which hasn't done us any good in the past!!

We'll get loans in as and when we need them blah blah blah.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2013, 05:15:21 pm by RoversAlias »
I wouldn't be too surprised if we didn't actually see a new striker going by Flynn's comments on Ball.

Obviously you can't read that from that 100%, I know, but perhaps worth thinking about.

What's he said about Ball like? Be nice if he got a chance in the league.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2013, 05:43:33 pm by hoolahoop »

Of course we do and it needs sorting. Why the hell we are 'firefighting' is beyond me ; it's an accident waiting to happen if we lose another midfielder again in the near future.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2013, 05:48:45 pm by MiKA »
Should we not bring 2 or 3 players in the board DO NOT want promotion, plain and simple    :ermm:

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2013, 06:00:33 pm by grayx »
Should we not bring 2 or 3 players in the board DO NOT want promotion, plain and simple    :ermm:

I agree and the attendances will reflect that.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2013, 06:02:29 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
*Awaits dickos1 to come on and say nobody expected promotion so it'll be a superb season whether we are promoted or not...*

;)  :P

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2013, 06:03:36 pm by hoolahoop »

Yep I think you could draw that conclusion Mika bearing in mind that we have a stadium to sort still it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Perhaps the lads have been 'over-performing' up until the last 3 games but the players would still want to win it I hope.
It's down to resources, btw I don't want to be fobbed off yet again SM with facts about the extra money we will get when quite clearly we would have to use all of it if not more to compete in the Championship .
That is the reality of the situation given our attendances unfortunately. Higher Division = far more money required to purchase/loan and pay the wages of players able to compete against the 'big boys'.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2013, 06:04:24 pm by hoolahoop »
*Awaits dickos1 to come on and say nobody expected promotion so it'll be a superb season whether we are promoted or not...*

;)  :P

Odds on bet as usual ;)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2013, 06:16:35 pm by mushRTID »
Iv got to say this is very frustrating. All along we've been told players are lined up ready for when we need them. How much more desperate do we need to be? I appreciate we've tried and deals maybe couldn't be agreed but why say they are lined up?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2013, 06:19:52 pm by hoolahoop »
Iv got to say this is very frustrating. All along we've been told players are lined up ready for when we need them. How much more desperate do we need to be? I appreciate we've tried and deals maybe couldn't be agreed but why say they are lined up?

Perhaps they are ALL unable/unwilling to do lemming impressions, it's not good for your career. :(

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2013, 06:21:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You all make it sound so simple. Click our fingers and 2 or 3 20 goal a season strikers stand up, saying me, me, me !!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2013, 06:26:58 pm by hoolahoop »
You all make it sound so simple. Click our fingers and 2 or 3 20 goal a season strikers stand up, saying me, me, me !!

No you won't those sort of players someone would have flashed a chequebook at them already. Besides it's the midfield which is the priority surely ?

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2013, 06:28:24 pm by Belle Vue Popside »

Well we knew this situation was likely to happen and will have been getting things in place ready for when needed (which is now) and we've been told numerous times how it's all lined-up ready for when/if we need ffs.

Atleast we have those youngsters... Those that are so clearly ready that they've not featured this season (or very very rarely - Ball).

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2013, 06:39:14 pm by silent majority »
I see the glass is half empty again!!

Hoola, I'm disappointed. I would have expected better than to accuse me of fobbing off. The truth of the matter is and always has been that the club wanted promotion and still want promotion, why wouldn't they? There is no business plan that sets the club up to 'nearly get promoted', how ludicrous! What they have done is not publicly state how ambitious they wanted to be so as not to pressurise any particular manager, but privately that was and still is the aim. The stadium and its requirements have no impact on the playing side at all. And just to, once again, state that we have the 3rd highest wage bill in this division, if that isn't a commitment to perform at the highest level in this division then what is? If you didn't want promotion you would cut that in half and save yourself the problem of having to foot the gap between expenditure and income.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2013, 06:40:14 pm by MachoMadness »
Just heard on RS that we aren't likely to bring anyone in til next week at the earliest. Flynn must be confident on Syers and Hume then.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 15, 2013, 06:41:49 pm by silent majority »

Well we knew this situation was likely to happen and will have been getting things in place ready for when needed (which is now) and we've been told numerous times how it's all lined-up ready for when/if we need ffs.

Atleast we have those youngsters... Those that are so clearly ready that they've not featured this season (or very very rarely - Ball).

Why are you panicking? I know the manager isn't, he's content with his squad for this weekend and will strengthen next week when the players he wants to bring in will arrive in time for the Yeovil game. Not only that but Hume and Syers will be available for that game too. Sounds to me like we will be at more than full strength very shortly.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 15, 2013, 06:44:42 pm by nortikorner »
we got players lined up  but we forgot where we lined them up

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 15, 2013, 06:44:56 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I dont understand all the negativity on this thread, its a bit of a joke to be honest.  2 bad results and 1 not so great result and people are questioning management, ambition, finances etc.  Have you heard yourselves?  Second in the league, 16 games to go and a game in hand.  Remember that.  I'll leave it there.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 15, 2013, 06:48:32 pm by nortikorner »
we saw how content he was on tuesday stuck to his seat in the dugout  M Woods on final warning and kept him on(we could have lost another body) he seems to  lack ideas

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 15, 2013, 06:51:43 pm by MachoMadness »
If Hume and Syers are back that'll be like 2 new signings in itself to be fair. If it turns out they aren't fit then questions will have to be asked but the side we'll hopefully be putting out will be good enough to win the game. Have faith! We're having a blip, it's getting a bit tiresome hearing how doomed we are every time we lose (and even when we win sometimes!) to be honest. It means when there actually is a problem people will be less willing to listen because they'll just write you off as whingers, ie the Blades fans.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012