Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:58:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gary Woods  (Read 9089 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Gary Woods
« Reply #30 on March 18, 2013, 09:47:36 am by ditch_drfc »
I can't actually believe how everyone is slating Woods! It's our shit performance that threw away the win. If our players felt like getting into space and creating chances then maybe we'd have won. But we didn't, they didn't get into space, they didn't create many chances, they never looked at who wanted the ball. Cotterill was on the wing most of the game in space wanting the ball, how many times did he get it?
How many times was the ball passed backwards to Woods under too much pressure, forcing him to slice the ball? We need to stop passing back to Woods, we do it more than any other team i've ever seen!
Hang on, arent you the one that stated earlier that Sully is shit, that one statement tells me that you know f**k all about football IMO.

Yeah what's your point, did i suddenly do a u-turn and declare Sully as a god!?!?! Yeah thought so...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 18, 2013, 10:00:58 am by roversam »
My point is that you said you cant understand anyone slagging Woods off but its ok for you to say Sully is shit.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 18, 2013, 10:05:06 am by donnievic »
I can't actually believe how everyone is slating Woods! It's our shit performance that threw away the win. If our players felt like getting into space and creating chances then maybe we'd have won. But we didn't, they didn't get into space, they didn't create many chances, they never looked at who wanted the ball. Cotterill was on the wing most of the game in space wanting the ball, how many times did he get it?
How many times was the ball passed backwards to Woods under too much pressure, forcing him to slice the ball? We need to stop passing back to Woods, we do it more than any other team i've ever seen!
Hang on, arent you the one that stated earlier that Sully is shit, that one statement tells me that you know f**k all about football IMO.
And you are not that far behind him IMO

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 18, 2013, 10:08:27 am by roversam »
And you are not that far behind him IMO
I was wondering how long it would be before you joined in Steve lol is it right you're the chairman of the Gary Woods fan club

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 18, 2013, 10:12:30 am by donnievic »
am i thanks for the promotion

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 18, 2013, 10:13:23 am by ditch_drfc »
Yeah and my point is that when given the choice between a 43 year old has been and a 22 year old goalkeeper with potential to be good at this level i know who i'd choose. When people get off Woods' back and stop booing him every game, maybe he'll pick up some confidence.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 18, 2013, 10:15:54 am by roversam »
its ok anytime, when's your next meeting? is it still in that phone box on sandringham road. :chair:

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 18, 2013, 10:18:09 am by roversam »
Yeah and my point is that when given the choice between a 43 year old has been and a 22 year old goalkeeper with potential to be good at this level i know who i'd choose. When people get off Woods' back and stop booing him every game, maybe he'll pick up some confidence.
did you go to Bournemouth, he didnt look like an has been there, if woods had been in goal we would have lost.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 18, 2013, 10:20:48 am by donnievic »
its ok anytime, when's your next meeting? is it still in that phone box on sandringham road. :chair:
not sure seeing as i have only just taken up the post.Maybe you could show up and slag him off sum more so it doesnt look out of plasce

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 18, 2013, 10:21:50 am by hoolahoop »
He got some shocking backpasses from the defenders yesterday, and the pitch didnt help when he was trying to clear them.

Exactly, Im the first to call him when he is at fault. However he did nothing wrong on Satdi........why are some unnecessarily on the attack again ? It's bloody ridiculous, did he miss gilt edge chances against Pompey ? Of course NOT, it is a team game and the errors were NOT his!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 18, 2013, 10:27:13 am by donnievic »
He got some shocking backpasses from the defenders yesterday, and the pitch didnt help when he was trying to clear them.

Exactly, Im the first to call him when he is at fault. However he did nothing wrong on Satdi........why are some unnecessarily on the attack again ? It's bloody ridiculous, did he miss gilt edge chances against Pompey ? Of course NOT, it is a team game and the errors were NOT his!
he did actually drop a shot that was straight at him in the 2nd half but shhhhhh dont say anything as a few on here my get on his back again

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 18, 2013, 10:29:14 am by roversam »
 how can he miss guilt edged chances hoola, i dont remember him going up for corners  :whistle:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 18, 2013, 10:32:18 am by hoolahoop »
how can he miss guilt edged chances hoola, i dont remember him going up for corners  :whistle:

Exactly my point sam . He couldn't stop that goal neither did he miss the chances to score which were few and far between anyway.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 18, 2013, 10:57:34 am by oggycompton »
Young keeper with great potential who has by and large had a great season....

Therefore we slate him, great stuff.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 18, 2013, 11:01:33 am by timdrfc »
And here we go again - lets have a go at Gary Woods - not at fault for the goal yesterday but still we have a go.

Give him a break
Cotterill supplied the ball yet again for our goal so how s he not doing his bit !
COYR

P.S. Remember its a team game and in my opinion he had a better game than Cotterill did, who has been poor for quite some time now and no one has a go at him!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 18, 2013, 11:14:50 am by Norfolk N Chance »
I thought Woodsy did fine yesterday, a lot better than I'd expect actually due to our own fans constantly on his back.
what did he do fine as you put it, he had nowt to do, if Woods had been in their goal we would have won 3 or 4-1.

So if Woods was in their goal we would have magically created more chances? We had like 2 chances the whole game. Give over, don't make if as if their goalkeeper made save after save.

FFS we missed two incredible easy chances in first half and Furman brought a wonder save out of their keeper

9 shots at goal 4 on target of which we were unlikely or should have scored with all four.

Paynter 2 yard out header/ Brown one on one with keeper and Furman powerfully struck shot plus goal we scored

Get your facts right!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 18, 2013, 11:24:42 am by donnievic »
I thought Woodsy did fine yesterday, a lot better than I'd expect actually due to our own fans constantly on his back.
what did he do fine as you put it, he had nowt to do, if Woods had been in their goal we would have won 3 or 4-1.

So if Woods was in their goal we would have magically created more chances? We had like 2 chances the whole game. Give over, don't make if as if their goalkeeper made save after save.

FFS we missed two incredible easy chances in first half and Furman brought a wonder save out of their keeper

9 shots at goal 4 on target of which we were unlikely or should have scored with all four.

Paynter 2 yard out header/ Brown one on one with keeper and Furman powerfully struck shot plus goal we scored

Get your facts right!
i think the point he was making is as soon as woods f**ks up he gets slatetd where as any of our front men do its not so bad,cant really remember the Paynter header but apart from the furman shot which was a great save and the shot by Cotterill which Jones missed the rebound there was just the one on one by Paynter and not brown so maybe you should get your facts right so to say :welcome: :welcome:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 18, 2013, 11:37:18 am by The Red Baron »
Amazing how we have a two page thread on Gary Woods when apart from fumbling one shot and some wayward kicking (not helped by the pitch) he didn't do anything wrong on Saturday.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 18, 2013, 11:45:06 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Amazing how we have a two page thread on Gary Woods when apart from fumbling one shot and some wayward kicking (not helped by the pitch) he didn't do anything wrong on Saturday.

He throws a leg at it of course its going to be wayward ....

Common sense says if you have time take a touch and control

As for the incident your referring that was "carry on keeping!" and was lucky not to cost us a goal!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:55:05 am by Norfolk N Chance »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 18, 2013, 11:49:20 am by ravenrover »

Get your facts right!

If we are talking about getting facts right can I point out that it was Paynter who had the one on one

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 18, 2013, 11:55:39 am by donnievic »

Get your facts right!

If we are talking about getting facts right can I point out that it was Paynter who had the one on one
didnt you know martin is another Woods hater so just notes his mistakes down from the game and not anythinkg else.

As for the back passes i cant remember any that he could have had time to take a touch on that sliced

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 18, 2013, 01:03:51 pm by DaveOfDonny »
This forum seem's to slate anyone with an opinion.

Anyone who has a different take on something get's shot down!

I personally think Wood's isn't good enough, YET, I would much prefer Sully back between the sticks for the rest of this season at least.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 18, 2013, 01:19:33 pm by roversam »
At last someone talking sense,it's all about opinions on a forum if we all agreed with each other how boring would it be.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 18, 2013, 01:56:23 pm by IDM »
I'm all for different opinions but why the fcuk have we got yet ANOTHER thread on Woods when he did nothing wrong!!

He shinned a few clearances, but that was down to the pitch, as did Jones when it looked easier to score..

He parried a long shot, with no attacker closing in, and gathered comfortably on the 2nd attempt.  I'm no great fan of Woods but when he is in the team, he should get our support.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 18, 2013, 02:45:30 pm by Standanista »
I was disappointed that Flynn chose to drop Sullivan. A safe, experienced pair of hands is exactly what we need for the run-in.
My sentiments exactly.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 18, 2013, 03:08:04 pm by andyst79 »
He did nothing wrong because he had naff all to do all game. Can't be blamed for the goal , the back passes were shockers which came from defenders taking the easy option n putting the keeper under pressure. We pay our entrance fees & are entitled to our opinions  and I hope he proves me wrong but Woods is a liabilty and has been protected by a good back four all season. The 1 on 1 from Paynter was minging and those should be put away all day long.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 18, 2013, 07:31:47 pm by CusworthRovers »
So far then we have in terms of crap:

Woods is a liability by all accounts
Paynter seems to be a liability
Cotts can cross a ball, but neshes out of tackles, so he's a liability
Jones missed a sitter again and looks a bit nervey of late, so he must be a liability
McCombe can't direct a ball to his own goalie, so he too is a liability
Flynny doesn't know what he's doing and he seems a liability

Is there anybody out there who knows how to get us top of the league or challenging for promotion at this crucial time of the season, as our chairman, manager and senior players don't seem to know how

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 18, 2013, 09:02:48 pm by BobG »
You forgot a few Cussy:

- Martin Woods. Can't do much right these days, and he's always injured. He's a liability.
- Harper. A clear liability
- Sully. Way too old. He's a liability
- Kyle Bennett. Lost his way. Liability. We should cash in on him, if we can, asap.

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 18, 2013, 09:10:55 pm by hoolahoop »
You forgot a few Cussy:

- Martin Woods. Can't do much right these days, and he's always injured. He's a liability.
- Harper. A clear liability
- Sully. Way too old. He's a liability
- Kyle Bennett. Lost his way. Liability. We should cash in on him, if we can, asap.

BobG

Also
-Copps has the poorest win ratio, upsets the balance ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 18, 2013, 09:13:21 pm by BobG »
Damn! How could Cussy and I have forgotten that? He's greedy for the money too. The guys a liability.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012