Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 07:02:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BRIAN THE ROVER.  (Read 7044 times)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
BRIAN THE ROVER.
« on March 25, 2013, 06:41:20 pm by donnyallday »
On Radio Sheff

GO ON LAD GIVE IT EM.  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
Re: BRIAN THE ROVER.
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2013, 06:52:49 pm by donnyallday »
Now Eddie the Rovers on saying the opposite, fk me, this bloke is defo a plant to try and even things out, doesnt even have an accent.

Never got cut off either unlike tell the truth Brian.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2013, 06:55:21 pm by donnievic »
Love it how they want league extending just for sheff utd.im sure one of their rearranged games got called off in feb so why wait till last 2 week of season to cram it in.

Hear we go its Brian time

pubteam

« Reply #3 on March 25, 2013, 06:57:22 pm by pubteam »
Anyone fancy letting on who said what, for those of us that missed it?

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2013, 06:57:44 pm by ridgewoodrover »
according to   the font of knowlege we get 5000  average classic

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2013, 06:57:56 pm by donnyallday »
lol, why dunt Donny n Dingles share don valley stadium.

Donny play offs, believe you me lololol what a joker

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2013, 06:58:13 pm by roversam »
Now Eddie the Rovers on saying the opposite, fk me, this bloke is defo a plant to try and even things out, doesnt even have an accent.

Never got cut off either unlike tell the truth Brian.
Eddie sounds too posh to be a football fan.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2013, 06:59:31 pm by donnyallday »
and gay, their ive said it 4 u

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2013, 07:01:45 pm by MachoMadness »
Why is it Rovers fans who ring up spend more time whinging about what other people think of us than actually getting behind the team? I cringe every time I hear it, makes us sound like we've all got small man syndrome. Whatever happened to the pub team having a laugh?

Having said that I'd say the same thing to Eddie who rang up defending RS, he was just as bad. Just talk about Rovers FFS, instead of banging on about how much coverage we do or don't get or how good it is. The fans dictate how a phone in goes, if you're not happy ring up and talk about ROVERS, not Radio Sheffield. No wonder they cut you off if you're whinging about media coverage on a FOOTBALL phone in.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2013, 07:03:12 pm by roversam »
and gay, their ive said it 4 u
i never said he was gay  :boxing:

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 25, 2013, 07:42:42 pm by donnyallday »
Macho, youve been sucked in unfortunately.

Its got F.A to do with what your saying, you are missing the point.

They Radio sheff set the agenda, mainly wendy/utd.... then throw a Rovers thing in, followed by others.

They try to box clever, some of us are not fooled.

When Brian the Rover came on to say how it is  OFFFFFF!!!

As soon as the plant comes on to rubbish Brian, OOOHHHH  Lots of airtime to agree.

It pisses me off knowing , you ,i and every bugger in Sth yorks pays for this only for the presenters to " TWIST" the way they want the show to go.

Why cant they , just for once give Donny a decent airtime whilst discussing what achievements weve made, not just this season but before instead of setting the agenda about Utds push for promotion... FFS , weve been TOP  for weeks now.

Its either Wendy staving relegation or Utds, who imo have shat it promotion, FK Donny on their whirlwind promo  on mainly an 18 man squad and a lowish budget.

IM/WE are not asking for much, just a bit more credit and non bias on topic agenda matters.  :crying:  :rtid:

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2013, 07:59:50 pm by andysly »
Having experience of ringing RS the above is correct. You cannot make any statement unless it suits what the presenters want to put out on air.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2013, 08:13:23 pm by donnyallday »
Correct, been there done it.

Early on in the season a Rover rang in to talk about another fine victory and before he even started, its " Hang on we have Dave Jones interview", after yet another walloping only to talk about that for 20 mins  :zzz:

Ok i thought, bit rude or inconvenient i thought, hes put the lad on hold.

NOOOO, Next up A WENDY, RESPOND TO THAT".

Followed by even more pig groans all the drive home..... OH dont mind us i thought were only in the playoffs.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 25, 2013, 08:23:21 pm by donnievic »
That does work both ways though after one our win against Bournemouth I think they interrupted a sheff utd fan to speak to Flynn

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 25, 2013, 08:34:00 pm by MachoMadness »
Ring in and talk about Rovers then. I just think we don't help our case ringing up moaning about the station - of course they're gonna cut you off and not give you the time of day if that's all you want to do. I don't agree with them giving that Eddie all that airtime either, but what do you expect? He's being nice to them. They're only human. Put yourself in their shoes. Or, better yet, put yourself in the shoes of a Rovers fan, and talk about the bloody Rovers.

Ultimately they do set the agenda and since Sheffield has not only one club with 3x as many regular fans as us, but two, it's only reasonable to expect them to get proportionate coverage in terms of news. But at the end of the day it's down to the fans ringing in. If every fan on this forum rang in to talk about ROVERS, not to have a whinge at RS, we'd get loads of coverage. As it is, there's only maybe 2-3 Rovers fans who actually ring in regularly, and a few more who only ring up moaning about how we're not getting fair coverage. There's Derek, and there used to be Nick, and I honestly can't think of any others. Let's just try getting the chip off the shoulder, and stop being so entitled, and ring up singing the praises of Rovers, say how great we are, say we're the best team in League One, and start putting our club above all the rest instead of trying to drag everyone down, because the fella who rang up tonight certainly wasn't keen on doing any of that.

And yeah, they sometime cut you off to talk to the Owls managers or whatever. That's how live broadcasting works. Life is shit sometimes, get a helmet.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 25, 2013, 09:10:34 pm by IDM »
I listen to this dross often but can't phone in as I am driving back from the game.  Whilst accepting the proportion of coverage is going to reflect the relative fan base sizes, we do get a poor coverage.  Some of the callers only ring in to slag off the other Sheff team, and many comment on performances having not attended the game.  There is no wonder our supporters get frustrated.

It's not just RS though, having reached and maintained the top place, even the FL highlights show still only shows our goals - the other week even a div 4 relegation match (York I think) got more coverage...

I find grumble and grumble quite amusing, in a strange way.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 25, 2013, 09:18:11 pm by RobTheRover »
Right, lets put it to the test.  We need half a dozen Rovers fans to ring up tomorrow to discuss the ROVERS ONLY.  Dont get drawn on "Do you think Sheffield United can catch you?" type questions. 

Call 0114 279 6699, or text 81333 starting your text with Sheffield, or email footballheaven@bbc.co.uk.

Lets see how many get on/read out.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 25, 2013, 09:28:20 pm by donnyallday »
OK. Give it ANOTHER BASH.

The point is as follows.

Its a station thats BBC paid for by the fine folk  of Donny as others, it just happens to be based in sheffield.

That doesnt give the presenters to slip our name in between the real topics they want to talk about. { weds/ utd}

Anyway, im banging my head now, cup o tea n chill.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 25, 2013, 11:37:35 pm by godlike1 »
It's a shit show, shit presenters, shit radio station and I live in the shitsville that is sheffield itself

The only good thing about the station is Toby foster in the morning who very simply says how it is e.g. This morning he quite rightly pointed out that there is nothin to do in sheffield and last week that there were no shops in sheffield worth coming into town for....... Brilliant and true

Whilst I'm biast donny has far more character and more going for it in the market place than sheffield has in the whole of its centre

docothered

« Reply #19 on March 26, 2013, 08:40:43 am by docothered »
I rang a couple of weeks ago and got put though and was on for 4 minutes so my experience was a good 1, That said I work in Sheffield and the people do have a arrogance about them which is so funny I cant stop Taking the piss but there a lot more friendly than when I worked in Leeds they are knobs  :)

neil grainger

« Reply #20 on March 26, 2013, 01:44:55 pm by neil grainger »
I've started taking my young daughter to the Rovers now and she thinks the show is called Raisin Crumble

Just thought I'd share that with you

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2013, 01:54:09 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
 :lol: :thumbsup:

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2013, 02:13:37 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Been a very regular caller to RS for many years now. Only twice in maybe 20 years years have I failed to get on and get things off my chest. Incidentally that was the sacking of two managers whilst on air. I have never been cut short by any of the presenters. I find Rob is the best at keeping a callers conversation going with Andy lagging behind. Remember they are there not just to agree with you and to, at times challenge you. I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's no good moaning about the programme if you don't do anything and sit on the fence. Go on call in tonight on 0114 27996699 and lets make it a proper RTID night. It's time for some people who slate  the programme without calling in, to put up or shut up.Yes Brian the blunt is at best ill informed and changes his mind more than any politician. He is infuriating self opinionated and makes w himself look stupid. Who can say they haven't got someone like him who sits near where they sit at the KM? There are many sensible other teams fans out there who can come up with some valid points. RTID

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 26, 2013, 03:43:48 pm by MachoMadness »
Be nice to get people ringing up and singing the praises of Rovers. Remember, if you do call up, try and avoid sniping or passive-aggressive shots at RS, because of course they're going to pull you up on it if you're insulting them and they have a right to get their opinion across just as you do, so the whole call is a waste of time then. Talk about Saturday, talk about this Friday, talk about how we're going to win the league at a canter. Just anything but f**king radio station politics, please.

I do admit Raisin Crumble sounds much nicer though.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 26, 2013, 04:02:04 pm by bobjimwilly »
I've started taking my young daughter to the Rovers now and she thinks the show is called Raisin Crumble

brilliant  :woohoo:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 27, 2013, 01:27:45 am by RoversAlias »

I suggest we all start referring to it as Raisin Crumble. I love that.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 27, 2013, 01:33:13 am by RobTheRover »
I've got the munchies now.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 27, 2013, 09:38:40 am by roversam »
Been a very regular caller to RS for many years now. Only twice in maybe 20 years years have I failed to get on and get things off my chest. Incidentally that was the sacking of two managers whilst on air. I have never been cut short by any of the presenters. I find Rob is the best at keeping a callers conversation going with Andy lagging behind. Remember they are there not just to agree with you and to, at times challenge you. I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's no good moaning about the programme if you don't do anything and sit on the fence. Go on call in tonight on 0114 27996699 and lets make it a proper RTID night. It's time for some people who slate  the programme without calling in, to put up or shut up.Yes Brian the blunt is at best ill informed and changes his mind more than any politician. He is infuriating self opinionated and makes w himself look stupid. Who can say they haven't got someone like him who sits near where they sit at the KM? There are many sensible other teams fans out there who can come up with some valid points. RTID
Is your name Derek by any chance LR?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 27, 2013, 10:48:02 am by Lincoln Rover »
Yes mate.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 27, 2013, 10:51:47 am by RobTheRover »
3 of us Rovers fans got on last night. Me,  Derek and one other.

Need more of you calling to discuss the mighty Reds.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012