Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:56:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Monday night's non event.  (Read 7739 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Monday night's non event.
« on May 01, 2013, 07:57:33 am by Wellred »
Was it just me or did anyone else who attended the promotion party at the Keepmoat feel let down?

Why was the club shop closed? We had a golden opportunity to sell off this years old kit at a reduced price.

Why was there so many seats blocked off in the middle of the main stand? I appreciate that the players wives, girlfriends, parents, children should have priority but why did we have to watch all the staff being paraded down from the premier lounge to their priority seats? There must have been at least 200 seats left empty whilst proper fans had to get a poorer view of events.

Why was there no fireworks?

Why didn't we get to hear from anyone?

Wouldn't it have been nice to hear John Ryan, Brian Flynn, Rob Jones and James Coppinger?

Then at the end why wasn't all the exits open in the west stand? We were herded towards the exits at each end while a steward stood by a closed exit in the middle which for some bizarre reason was locked.

Sorry rovers but I and others with me felt like gatecrashers at a party where you wasn't really wanted.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
Re: Monday night's non event.
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2013, 09:11:53 am by Dimples-D »
I thought exactly the same.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2013, 09:12:41 am by Bald Rover »
? club shop was open? was closed later so Carol who goes to every game and the other staff who are fans could join the celebrations?

and to be fair the celebrations were mostly governed by the tv timings and the police for the parade?

why cant we as fans accept thing instead of always finding fault?

I think the club did bloody well considering it was all arranged and planned in less than 48 hours? Rotherham for instance is tonight nearly a full week to plan?

come on just bloody celebrate and enjoy what we have achieved!!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2013, 10:14:39 am by kittyslass »
It would have been nice if the trophy could have been paraded along the whole of the west stand and also the away end.  People who took the trouble to go and were seated in the areas to the ends of the west stand and the away area could then have got some photos of the players with the trophy.  :( 

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2013, 10:52:51 am by bobjimwilly »
would have been nice to enjoy a pint in the stands as well :(

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2013, 10:54:29 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Would've been nice to have gone!

Personally I think you're all very lucky

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2013, 10:55:47 am by IDM »
Cheer up folks, we're champions :)  These events will always fail to live up to the championship winning game.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2013, 11:11:54 am by Wellred »
? club shop was open? was closed later so Carol who goes to every game and the other staff who are fans could join the celebrations?

and to be fair the celebrations were mostly governed by the tv timings and the police for the parade?

why cant we as fans accept thing instead of always finding fault?

I think the club did bloody well considering it was all arranged and planned in less than 48 hours? Rotherham for instance is tonight nearly a full week to plan?

come on just bloody celebrate and enjoy what we have achieved!!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Those of us lucky to go to Griffin Park celebrated on Saturday.
Those who couldn't get were sadly let down by the club on Monday.
Stop making excuses for what was a pretty poorly organised event.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2013, 11:15:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Come on Wellred. Give us a smile!

I'd have thought even the perma-frowns of Donnybob and MadMick might have cracked a little at 5pm in Saturday.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2013, 11:16:19 am by wing commander »
  Jesus....we only won the thing on Saturday just what did you want them to do in half a working day????? Quite a pathetic thread and sometimes wonder if some people on here wouldnt be happy unless they had something to moan about....Get a bloody grip..!!!!

MartinB

« Reply #10 on May 01, 2013, 11:23:52 am by MartinB »
Our club have been top of the league both on and off the pitch this season. Well done to ALL the staff and players at DRFC

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2013, 11:30:48 am by BK29 »
You are not allowed to post anything that could be seen as slightly negative towards the club in here Wellred, you should know that by now.

ROVERSBELLY

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2013, 11:32:47 am by ROVERSBELLY »
Club shop closed 5:25 over an hour before the trophy presentation , I was meeting my 2 1/2 year old grandson thier on his first visit and planned to treat him in the shop , club missed an oppertunity to sell and raise funds.
Getting out was dangerous all hearded to the exits , why not open the big exit gates at ground level.

On the presentation , I suppose it was a bit of a damp squip but then the magic of the moment was at Griffin Park and we all had had 2 days to come to terms with being Champions , I agree some could have said a few words to those present instead of listening to the guy with the Mike asking people to sit down.

But hey savour the moment after all WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. rtid :scarf:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2013, 11:40:03 am by Wellred »
  Jesus....we only won the thing on Saturday just what did you want them to do in half a working day????? Quite a pathetic thread and sometimes wonder if some people on here wouldnt be happy unless they had something to moan about....Get a bloody grip..!!!!

I apologise for not understanding all the technical problems and difficulties involved in getting the pa announcer to walk a few yards and ask John Ryan or the manager or players to say a few words.
Maybe he didn't have enough notice to write his script.

Get a grip some of you lot. It was a simple enough thing to do. Did it really need that much planning?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2013, 12:01:04 pm by rtid88 »
Genuinely don't know what some fans expect!! The whole thing was arranged in the space of a day and a half - 2 days.

Fireworks???? what was the point it was still very sunny so you would not have even been able to see them!!

Fair enough I think the club did make a mistake in not selling more merchandise, I went down there with the full intention of buying my 2 girls something to celebrate the occassion but its not the end of the world and I certainly don't feel let down by the club!

Well done Rovers for managing to sort out a Promotion party in such short notice and for giving the many who were not lucky enough to go to Brentford the chance to celebrate with the team!!

RTID :scarf: :rtid:

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2013, 12:16:19 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Genuinely don't know what some fans expect!! The whole thing was arranged in the space of a day and a half - 2 days.

Fireworks???? what was the point it was still very sunny so you would not have even been able to see them!!

Fair enough I think the club did make a mistake in not selling more merchandise, I went down there with the full intention of buying my 2 girls something to celebrate the occassion but its not the end of the world and I certainly don't feel let down by the club!

Well done Rovers for managing to sort out a Promotion party in such short notice and for giving the many who were not lucky enough to go to Brentford the chance to celebrate with the team!!

RTID :scarf: :rtid:

In terms of merchandise, there's not a great deal of stock left in the shop anyway.
As we wind down the Nike trademark deal, there aren't that many shirts/kit left.....

If we'd have had fireworks, Wellred would have moaned that it was too light to see them anyway. The club just can't win sometimes.

It's a shame some people just can't be happy with winning the title, having the opportunity to meet the players & get photos with them & their medals etc etc...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 01, 2013, 01:31:24 pm by Wellred »
some people are easily pleased.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 01, 2013, 01:38:29 pm by Drover »

I apologise for not understanding all the technical problems and difficulties involved in getting the pa announcer to walk a few yards and ask John Ryan or the manager or players to say a few words.

Get a grip some of you lot. It was a simple enough thing to do. Did it really need that much planning?

Damn them players,Damn that manager,infact DAMN that JR.Maybe he should go and support another club and we get rid of the players and manager.Our fans may be happy then!  :clapping:      :suicide:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 01, 2013, 01:40:41 pm by Wellred »

Damn them players,Damn that manager,infact DAMN that JR.Maybe he should go and support another club and get rid of the players and manager.Our fans may be happy then!

so what point are you trying to make exactly?

You seem a little confused?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 01, 2013, 01:59:18 pm by wing commander »
"Easily pleased"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....obviousley do not know what its like to suffer years of adversity supporting a football club else you wouldn't come out with utter drivel like that...

And its you who should be asking yourself "what point are you making" because 99% of people are sat here reading your posts thinking just that....

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2013, 01:59:34 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

Yep, it's such a great feeling to be happy. I love it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2013, 02:04:45 pm by IDM »
This is the first time we've won the 3rd division championship at a national level (the other times were D3 North I think?).

That's good enough for me, party or no party....

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 01, 2013, 02:09:05 pm by Wellred »

I have probably supported this club for probably longer than you and WC put together and yes I am absolutely delighted that we have been promoted.
Unlike you two however I can see that at times the club could do things better.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:12:51 pm by bobjimwilly »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 01, 2013, 02:16:49 pm by Wellred »

I have probably supported this club for probably longer than you and WC put together and yes I am absolutely delighted that we have been promoted.
Unlike you two however I can see that at times the club could do things better.

And here is me thinking we live in a democracy where free speech is allowed.

Censorship rules eh?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 01, 2013, 02:19:34 pm by IDM »
FFS can't you just agree to disagree and move on?

Championes remember.???

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 01, 2013, 02:28:41 pm by Mr1Croft »
Wellred,

On the other side of the coin I was at Griffin Park and also at the awards ceremony on Sunday evening too. Come Monday I was tired and glad the trophy presentation was done reasonably quickly without it being dragged on for too long (remember Wolves away in 2009 and how long that took?).

I do however understand your points regarding certain aspects could have been better but this was an event that was put on in short notice, free of charge to us fans. I cant imagine the staffing problems for the people in the kiosks/stewards, but the club pulled it off. Little things may have been better in some people's opinions, but equally the club could have saved paying the staff that day and let many fans miss out by doing the presentation at Brentford.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 01, 2013, 04:53:56 pm by moses »
We couldn't go to the Brentford game so I took my daughter and we had a great time. I was impressed by how many were there at short notice.
Could have done with a bit more build up for receiving the trophy so I could be waiting for it as it just sort of happened. I always preferred the old "climb the stairs, wipe your had on your shorts, take the trophy turn and celebrate for each player" but I suppose having them all together is more a team thing.   

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 01, 2013, 06:35:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
TBH I was pleasantly surprised how well they had organised it. I thought there were more in attendance than the post Wembley do. I didn't expect the bar or the concourses bars to be open but hey, I'm judging by our former CEOs standards so, Mondays affair was a very pleasing event.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 01, 2013, 07:21:50 pm by mushRTID »
Can't believe what I'm reading. Maybe it's true we're not happy unless we're moaning?

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 01, 2013, 07:23:55 pm by BK29 »
I love these threads that get swamped by people moaning at people moaning.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012