Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 02:43:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Manager Announced Tomorrow  (Read 7339 times)

donnyguy61

New Manager Announced Tomorrow
« on May 19, 2013, 10:35:12 am by donnyguy61 »
Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980 3m
#drfc Doncaster Rovers will announce their new manager at a press conference at 4pm tomorrow. @footballheaven
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:46:18 am by donnyguy61 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
Re: New Manager Announced Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on May 19, 2013, 10:48:01 am by Donnyrovers »
At the minute would have to think it is Dickov then with the mail also reporting couple days ago that it was to be announced Monday.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 19, 2013, 11:07:17 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Who ever it is let's make sure we support him from the off  :scarf:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 19, 2013, 11:08:03 am by silent majority »
I've just had the same text message from the club confirming the press conference at 4pm.

balbykiwirover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 19, 2013, 11:09:21 am by balbykiwirover »
Suggests to me whoever the 4th person was, they're no longer being interviewed. Could it have been Phil Parkinson.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 19, 2013, 11:10:02 am by silent majority »
Suggests to me whoever the 4th person was, they're no longer being interviewed. Could it have been Phil Parkinson.

No it wasn't.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 19, 2013, 11:21:45 am by DonnyOsmond »
Interview during the day and decide before 4pm. Not that hard.

balbykiwirover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 19, 2013, 12:04:26 pm by balbykiwirover »
Sounds like you're right Donny. Paul Walker saying between 2 candidates still, who will be spoken to in morning.

balbykiwirover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 19, 2013, 12:21:05 pm by balbykiwirover »
Paul Goodwin says between Dickov and Appleton. McCall and Levein were other 2 on short list.

MartinB

« Reply #9 on May 19, 2013, 12:32:36 pm by MartinB »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1kHl-Upqg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1kHl-Upqg</a>

Wonder what Paul Dickov could do with a chairman that backs him....none of this...he's OK for now!

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 19, 2013, 12:37:33 pm by Donnyrovers »
Think I would have preferred McCall because he's done a cracking job at Motherwell, but out of Dickov and Appleton none of them excite me but who ever it is will get behind them and the team and give them a chance.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 19, 2013, 12:38:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I still prefer Dickov. He's had time to research 'the Rovers way', get comfortable with the existing set up and personnel. If rumours are true he's already had a couple of visits to the Keepmoat plus, he's seen our squad at close quarters.   

There's something about him. He's got fire in his belly and perhaps too early to make comparisons, but could be a second dawning of King Billy (Bremner).

Given all the jobs he had to cover at Oldham, he will have no problem in fitting in to he community ethic of the club and I'm sure he will go out of his way to meet the fans.

I'm sure McCall get tick of few of those boxes too but something tells me Dickov has a bit more in his locker. 

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 19, 2013, 12:44:29 pm by Pintolager »
Just read Paul Goodwin's Tweet and it states that JR and co are impressed with Appleton and Dickov's contacts/connections. Roll on 4pm tomorrow so all will be revealed.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 19, 2013, 12:46:41 pm by Red wizard »
Please be Appleton and not Dickov

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 19, 2013, 12:56:42 pm by MrFrost »
Please be Appleton and not Dickov

This

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 19, 2013, 12:58:23 pm by Nudga »
Please not Appleton, can't stand his "Shameless" w**k Manc accent.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 19, 2013, 01:07:24 pm by Red wizard »
I want Appleton just for the fact he has managed at the level we are going to.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 19, 2013, 01:11:52 pm by coventryrover »
hows about givoing whoever a chance.  we know next season will be tough even if we had fergie.

long term stability and growth is what we need, not hire em fire em

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 19, 2013, 01:26:51 pm by Filo »
I get the feeling that Dickov has been lined up since probably before the season ended, I`ll probably get told I`m wrong, but that`s what I believe, there`s far too many happenings that are coincidental. Dickov has been seen on more than one occasion at the KM towards the end of the season, Flynn and JR were always cagey when asked about the future, I believe the interview process was an exercise in going through the motions and if a really outstanding candidate come to light then that was a bonus.

My opinion, Dickov would be a massively underwhelming appointment, but I won`t throw the toys out like many did when Saunders was appointed, I`ll give him the chance and hope he proves me and many others wrong.

Then again I might be totally wrong about what I`ve written above.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 19, 2013, 01:30:57 pm by Red wizard »
I will get behind and support any manager/player of D.R.F.C. However, it doesn't stop me having a preference of who i would like. I will be there at the first friendly no matter who is in charge and supporting them 100%.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 19, 2013, 01:36:20 pm by mushRTID »
I get the feeling that Dickov has been lined up since probably before the season ended, I`ll probably get told I`m wrong, but that`s what I believe, there`s far too many happenings that are coincidental. Dickov has been seen on more than one occasion at the KM towards the end of the season, Flynn and JR were always cagey when asked about the future, I believe the interview process was an exercise in going through the motions and if a really outstanding candidate come to light then that was a bonus.

My opinion, Dickov would be a massively underwhelming appointment, but I won`t throw the toys out like many did when Saunders was appointed, I`ll give him the chance and hope he proves me and many others wrong.

Agree with every word. It seems Dickov has been lined up all along. I'm amazed out of 80 applicants Dickov is the best.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 19, 2013, 01:40:06 pm by Arsenal Of The North »

Agree with everything you said there 100% not the manager most of us want, like Saunders, but why doesn't he deserve a chance?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 19, 2013, 01:40:40 pm by andysly »
If it is Dickov, why has this been protracted so long. He could've been appointed nearly 3 weeks ago and allowed to get into the job. Unless of course he has been undercover getting involved in retained lists etc.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 19, 2013, 01:43:24 pm by MachoMadness »
Also agree with Filo's post. Would've also preferred McCall out of all the rumoured shortlist, really don't see how Dickov fills most of that 18 point plan but I'll give him a chance. It is worrying that the whole interview process is kind of a joke - I think it's a bit insulting to the fans to pretend that the man who was seen at the KM and who was hot favourite in the press and with the bookies from day one was also coincidentally the best applicant out of 80. Maybe he'll flourish with a bit more of a budget at a bigger club though, who knows. In JR we trust and all that!

And, of course, it's not even confirmed yet but it's all looking that way at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:57:30 pm by MachoMadness »

DavTrav

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 19, 2013, 01:47:00 pm by DavTrav »
I think I'd prefer Flynn to come back downstairs to be honest - talk about underwhelming!!

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 19, 2013, 02:02:09 pm by Drover »
If its true and its down to Dickov or Appleton,neither of them fill me with confidence,BUT I do think Dickov is the far more likely the one to prove me wrong and could be successful with us,which I am happy to be.Also if this is true,which one is to busy not able to be interviewed until tomorrow?Both are out of work at the minute?Not a good way to impress any employer is it?Unless its Dickov and the decision is already made for him and he is on a scouting mission all weekend at the play-offs?Hope we are just using Appleton to make numbers up in the interviews because his management record is very poor.His win rate is in the twenties at best.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 19, 2013, 02:03:08 pm by southwestexile »
What we may have to consider if Dickov is the new boss is that he will be part of the Rovers team and philosophy, he hasn't had that before. Would Saunders or SOD been as useful without Ryan et al behind them?  Well, the recent evidence suggests not.

JR obviously sees something in the new man that he can develop.  In JR I trust

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 19, 2013, 02:33:35 pm by wilts rover »
Nail on the head there southwestexile - although we as fans may have our own preferences for manager for whatever reason - the most important critera for JR and the club in the new man is that they pick someone who they get on with and who shares their philosophy.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 19, 2013, 02:36:17 pm by Dare to dream! »
Seems like Dickov was always going to get the job so why wait so long? Its cost time and money. Could of also missed out on key signing's as well e.g. Flinders

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 19, 2013, 03:13:23 pm by Drover »
What we may have to consider if Dickov is the new boss is that he will be part of the Rovers team and philosophy, he hasn't had that before. Would Saunders or SOD been as useful without Ryan et al behind them?  Well, the recent evidence suggests not.

JR obviously sees something in the new man that he can develop.  In JR I trust

Totally agree.Ever since Stoke,I have said to friends,workmates etc,our success is down to the club been well run by the management,I.E. by the Chairmen and Directors.Be it JR or whoever has work with him at boardroom level.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012