Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:05:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My meeting with Gavin and Shaun later today  (Read 14644 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
My meeting with Gavin and Shaun later today
« on May 22, 2013, 11:25:03 am by silent majority »
I have a meeting with Gavin and Shaun this afternoon, plus Mark Bradley from The Fan Experience Co, to go through the very impressive results of our 4th IRWT survey. The results should be made public soon, so thanks to all 542 people who bothered to answer.

My simple question is; Is there anything specific with relation to Fan engagement you would like me to mention? I don't mean the questions that were asked and answered fully in the survey but something quite specific? Anything?

Green shirts? Champions memorabilia?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: My meeting with Gavin and Shaun later today
« Reply #1 on May 22, 2013, 11:37:16 am by IDM »
Thanks for the offer SM.  I'm not sure if this has been decided or mentioned elsewhere, but do we have a 3rd choice strip for next season?  I can't imagine when we might need one for colour clashes, but is there one lined up - I am sure folks would be delighted to see us turn our in "champions green" occasionally?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 22, 2013, 11:45:18 am by graingrover »
With regard to the ongoing Belles v WFA issue and in particular regard to the Belles' financial situation .. would Gavin be willing to advise fans ( bullet points only) what Rovers' resources the Belles are currently benefitting from ... media resources ? Ticketing? etc etc .
      There is obviously a stronger feeling of support for the Belles in our fan base  than some of us thought and it is in times of need  like this that our COMMUNITY CLUB support should be highlighted for all to see .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 22, 2013, 11:50:02 am by silent majority »
IDM,

I'll ask the question for you.

graingrover,

I have the Belles on my list.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 22, 2013, 11:52:58 am by VivaRovers »
To follow graingrover's point below, I think a more pressing question would be, are the Rovers in a position to help create awareness of the Belles' current situation and aid with the appeal.

I appreciate that the club (Rovers) are in a difficult position with this with the FA Women's Cup taking place at the Keepmoat, but for all the push for a 'Sporting Club Doncaster' the Rovers have not made any comment at all relating to the Belles, their 'demotion', or their appeal.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 22, 2013, 12:07:13 pm by IDM »
IDM,

I'll ask the question for you.

graingrover,

I have the Belles on my list.

Thank you - seems trivial but I appreciate your help.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 22, 2013, 12:08:12 pm by Yargo »
Any plans to improve prematch atmosphere and half time break?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 22, 2013, 12:17:53 pm by Jenny »
I can understand why the club would focus on pre match entertainment to get people through the gates earlier and spend more money on the concourses, but i'd do away with half time entertainment fullstop.

Go to the toilet, grab a pie and disect the first half with your mates...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 22, 2013, 12:18:53 pm by silent majority »
Glen,

As I said I have the Belles on my list (check your pm's)

Yargo,

That was all highlighted in the survey, so yes its there.

Jenny,

Half time entertainment crops up in all the surveys we've done so far.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 22, 2013, 12:22:07 pm by VivaRovers »
Cheers SM,

I think your reply to Graingrover was posted as I was writing my post, hence why I asked as well.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 22, 2013, 12:24:37 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Here's an idea...

Different fans play the music at the stadium on a match by match basis. It could be done by raffle or just a simple email entry.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 22, 2013, 12:32:44 pm by RobTheRover »
I have a kazoo - can I go first?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 22, 2013, 12:36:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Martin, did you get the points I emailed you last night?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 22, 2013, 12:37:03 pm by Muttley »

Go to the toilet, grab a pie ...

You'll probably get a better tasting pie if you use the dedicated catering facilities ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 22, 2013, 12:42:36 pm by RobTheRover »
Go to the toilet, grab a pie ...

You'll probably get a better tasting pie if you use the dedicated catering facilities ;)

Personally, I thought Jenny had invented a new euphamism.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 22, 2013, 12:48:56 pm by silent majority »
Martin, did you get the points I emailed you last night?

Yes, all duly noted.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 22, 2013, 12:52:02 pm by RobTheRover »
Cheers

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 22, 2013, 12:56:54 pm by ctay »
Im an not sure this needs to be done by the VSC or the club, but the visit of Ian Dureden went down well. Is this something we can do more of? Get the past manager/player in the bar before hand and maybe on the pitch at half time to do the raffle draw or something.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 22, 2013, 01:02:15 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
RoversPlayer has improved in quality and scope over the last 2 years enormously. I love some of the videos from behind the scenes and would like to see more of this type of thing (I think Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea via youtube, TV are pioneering this type of thing at the moment). It's a form of reality TV,  but people buy it.

But there is one area that it massively lacks behind in - and that's a regular and half-decent commentator, reliable and timely commentary with a bit of analysis either side. Last season we basically had to rely on a rag-tag bag of volunteers who at moments did a good job, but at others were unreliable.

Can the club please sort this out and get a regular commentator. A lot of exiles rely on this service and we are paying for it after all.

johnnykicksass

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 22, 2013, 01:06:45 pm by johnnykicksass »
quick question, sorry if this already taken care of... up until last season i always bought 4 cat A season tickets in the west stand for me, my folks and brother. i rarely attended living abroad but my ticket would be taken by someone if i wasn't around. sadly, my folks decided to ask me not to renew them last season... not because rovers were crap... but because of transport. you see, my mum is fat, old and slow (she doesn't read this so i can say that!), my brother handicapped and my poor step-dad has to manage this. after a game, especially midweek in winter, it's often impossible for my family to get a bus back to town, instead they have to traipse to the pub round the corner (a long way considering my mum and bro's issues) and order a cab (extra expense). any chance of a special (regular/reliable) service back to town or specific drop off points for season ticket holders?

unfortunately, the rovers lost 4 season ticket holders i was happy to continue funding because of transport. if things have improved, can the club contact my mum to explain/win her attendance back?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 22, 2013, 01:09:48 pm by wilts rover »
SM

Any chance of bringing up the museum/stadium branding/wall of legends - how is this going and how can the fans be involved.

FYI Brighton are spending £200k on theirs

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 22, 2013, 01:11:35 pm by rtidbelly »
an update with how long the next batch of green shirts will be sent out, only bought mine on 8th may so i dont expect it to turn up say tomorrow. but some info on rough expected deliveries would be nice. can't wait to get it  :scarf:

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 22, 2013, 01:29:19 pm by Jenny »
SM

Any chance of bringing up the museum/stadium branding/wall of legends - how is this going and how can the fans be involved.

£200k??

Are these things we would really value over putting money towards a successful football team?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 22, 2013, 02:04:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »
quick question, sorry if this already taken care of... up until last season i always bought 4 cat A season tickets in the west stand for me, my folks and brother. i rarely attended living abroad but my ticket would be taken by someone if i wasn't around. sadly, my folks decided to ask me not to renew them last season... not because rovers were crap... but because of transport. you see, my mum is fat, old and slow (she doesn't read this so i can say that!), my brother handicapped and my poor step-dad has to manage this. after a game, especially midweek in winter, it's often impossible for my family to get a bus back to town, instead they have to traipse to the pub round the corner (a long way considering my mum and bro's issues) and order a cab (extra expense). any chance of a special (regular/reliable) service back to town or specific drop off points for season ticket holders?unfortunately, the rovers lost 4 season ticket holders i was happy to continue funding because of transport. if things have improved, can the club contact my mum to explain/win her attendance back?

Theres a couple of dedicated buses running back to town after each game now from  car park 1  or is it 3 ?
I take it they'll be running next season

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 22, 2013, 02:12:43 pm by silent majority »
quick question, sorry if this already taken care of... up until last season i always bought 4 cat A season tickets in the west stand for me, my folks and brother. i rarely attended living abroad but my ticket would be taken by someone if i wasn't around. sadly, my folks decided to ask me not to renew them last season... not because rovers were crap... but because of transport. you see, my mum is fat, old and slow (she doesn't read this so i can say that!), my brother handicapped and my poor step-dad has to manage this. after a game, especially midweek in winter, it's often impossible for my family to get a bus back to town, instead they have to traipse to the pub round the corner (a long way considering my mum and bro's issues) and order a cab (extra expense). any chance of a special (regular/reliable) service back to town or specific drop off points for season ticket holders?

unfortunately, the rovers lost 4 season ticket holders i was happy to continue funding because of transport. if things have improved, can the club contact my mum to explain/win her attendance back?

Jonny,

contact me by pm and I'll do what I can for you. Last season we struck a deal with Firstline who gave us 3 dedicated buses to take supporters back to the town centre after every game. Not only that but we received permission from the Police to park these in Car park 3 therefore allowing them to leave with the away fans and receive a clear route away from the Keepmoat. Are you after anything different to that?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:15:26 pm by silent majority »

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 22, 2013, 02:13:07 pm by Wild Rover »
SM

Don't you mean Brighton added to their debt to the tune of 200k by doing it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 22, 2013, 02:14:52 pm by silent majority »
Im an not sure this needs to be done by the VSC or the club, but the visit of Ian Dureden went down well. Is this something we can do more of? Get the past manager/player in the bar before hand and maybe on the pitch at half time to do the raffle draw or something.

Well as you know we (VSC) organised the Ian Duerden trip, with help from Shaun and DRFC of course, but Ian has kindly offered to put us in touch with other ex-DRFC players so we can try and recreate that this next season. Watch this space as they say.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 22, 2013, 02:17:55 pm by silent majority »
SM

Wilts,

I though I'd answered this on the forum. The club asked this question in the last survey, which is what we're discussing later, and they are applying for heritage funding. I'll give out more detail as I get it.

Jenny,

Not our money, they give grants for this kind of thing if you present it correctly.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 22, 2013, 02:19:49 pm by silent majority »
an update with how long the next batch of green shirts will be sent out, only bought mine on 8th may so i dont expect it to turn up say tomorrow. but some info on rough expected deliveries would be nice. can't wait to get it  :scarf:

Noted!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 22, 2013, 02:20:26 pm by silent majority »
Here's an idea...

Different fans play the music at the stadium on a match by match basis. It could be done by raffle or just a simple email entry.

Are you serious?  :whistle:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012