Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 07:22:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My meeting with Gavin and Shaun later today  (Read 14642 times)

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
Re: My meeting with Gavin and Shaun later today
« Reply #60 on May 22, 2013, 08:29:14 pm by CraigyBoy »
Don't take this the wrong way like I don't know whos who and whats the crack, but surely if some vsc bod asks fans for their opinions the answer shouldn't be - eh? you serious?. If the vsc is a place for all lets not have the people at the top lording it over us lot down below.
You're not any better than I am, or anyone else, despite showing off about your connections. And if you cant take that honest opinion then I think your in the wrong job.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 22, 2013, 08:43:26 pm by les@donr »
Thanks SM, for keeping us fans informed of what is taking place at the club. I can imagine there are things you can share immediately, and some that you need to hold back on until they are further down the line. As I mentioned on the War Memorial thread this might be a project for the club in 2014, given its the Centennial of the start of WW1, hope you are able to discuss this at a future meeting. In the meantime, those of us who support the idea, could be finding names to be remember on the War Memorial.

Keep up the good work.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 22, 2013, 08:53:37 pm by silent majority »
Don't take this the wrong way like I don't know whos who and whats the crack, but surely if some vsc bod asks fans for their opinions the answer shouldn't be - eh? you serious?. If the vsc is a place for all lets not have the people at the top lording it over us lot down below.
You're not any better than I am, or anyone else, despite showing off about your connections. And if you cant take that honest opinion then I think your in the wrong job.

What job is that then? You think I do this for a living or something?

No, I'll take your post as it was intended.

I happen to know Stu, my post was meant as a bit tongue in cheek, but hey I'm sure your a bright boy and you can work that out.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:12:03 pm by silent majority »

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 22, 2013, 09:10:23 pm by newyankee »

Take no notice of the idiot Craigyboy, SM, keep up the good work. He has to be stupid to think you get paid for representing the genuine Rovers supporter from home and abroad, as you do. Hopefully, I speak for the great majority of us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 22, 2013, 09:28:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Although he can be a cantankerous old git! Takes one to know one. Ha Ha

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 22, 2013, 09:34:20 pm by bobjimwilly »
We only lord down over VSC members - we can't tell anyone else what to do...

;)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on May 22, 2013, 11:11:19 pm by silent majority »
Get Radio Hallam PushBall back!

Just seen this Muttley, that was the big ball we had at Belle Vue right? It actually crossed my mind earlier today as I remember taking part once, never again!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 22, 2013, 11:45:15 pm by RoversAlias »
Just want to thank you for the info again Martin, it all sounds pretty positive and I'm glad to see the concourses will be named.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 22, 2013, 11:54:04 pm by MrFrost »
quick question, sorry if this already taken care of... up until last season i always bought 4 cat A season tickets in the west stand for me, my folks and brother. i rarely attended living abroad but my ticket would be taken by someone if i wasn't around. sadly, my folks decided to ask me not to renew them last season... not because rovers were crap... but because of transport. you see, my mum is fat, old and slow (she doesn't read this so i can say that!), my brother handicapped and my poor step-dad has to manage this. after a game, especially midweek in winter, it's often impossible for my family to get a bus back to town, instead they have to traipse to the pub round the corner (a long way considering my mum and bro's issues) and order a cab (extra expense). any chance of a special (regular/reliable) service back to town or specific drop off points for season ticket holders?

unfortunately, the rovers lost 4 season ticket holders i was happy to continue funding because of transport. if things have improved, can the club contact my mum to explain/win her attendance back?

Its on my list.

There are already buses back to town after the game.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 23, 2013, 12:20:42 am by Sandy Lane »
Hi SM

It's only 11.45 am over here and so I would assume that your meeting has come and gone.  However something which has become a cult over here in Milwaukee at the Milwaukee Brewers baseball games,and has been copied by other clubs is the "Klement's Sausage Race". Please google Klement's Sausage Race and you should see video of the races.  There were four, but now five  mascots bodies which go over the top of a runner.  Klements have the franchise to sell these at Miller Park, so it builds a bond between them and the club.

Each one is named after a different sausage, Hot Dog, Brat, Italian etc  and you can ask people to volunteer to run as , shall we say a " whoever pie"  You could get the pie supplier to provide the outfits and call them Meat Pie, Chicken Pie, Cornish  etc.  You can then build up the excitemenet and have a commentary on the race during the half time break.

The sausages in Milwaukee are then used to do community work by being lent out to different agencies when not in use. This could bring in good publicity for both the Rovers and the pie supplier.

Recently, in the last couple of years, they have held a "Where's such and such a sausage" campaign where one of them goes missing.  The sponsor then pays for some copies of the sausage ( garden ornaments and a publicity campaign ensues until the local TV and Radio stations ( in your case TraxFM and player) announces that the replicas are hidden in an area of the Lakeside Shopping Centre. Anyone who finds one keeps it and there is a voucher for two free tickets attached.

The ornaments are then put on sale in the club shop and you can do this for four years till people have bought the set.

It's just an idea, but I don't think any other club in England has come up with anything similar and so it would be a good way for the Rovers to get publicity away from the top clubs.

Thank you SM for all your work!

Hi New Yankee, I have been to Miller Park and got a kick out of the sausage races,  I couldn't figure out why they would race sausages until I realized that there was a large German population in Milwaukee, which makes it fun to try all the different kinds of foods there.  The family really liked Milwaukee, and we hope to get back to Miller Park this summer.

Here is a pic of the sausages.   Though  they aren't the best you can get an idea of what they look like.  Very cute idea.  I actually have a tee shirt with a sausage on it from there!

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 23, 2013, 01:56:55 am by newyankee »

Hey Sandy

Thank you for the photo of the sausages. If you are coming to Milwaukee this summer, send me a pm and maybe we can meet up. Two good times to come are end of June for two weeks when Summerfest takes place on the lakefront and then the first two weeks of August when State Fair is on.

If you came then, the company I work for  is a sponsor of State Fair and I can get hold of tickets. Mind you the season starts on August 3rd so I doubt you will be missing that.

They have copied this at Washinton  with the Racing Presidents and in Pittsburgh with the Racing Pirogies, I think their are others.

The Brewers now have mini costumes which kids wear and they have a relay race.

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 23, 2013, 06:44:17 am by vietaff »
Im an not sure this needs to be done by the VSC or the club, but the visit of Ian Dureden went down well. Is this something we can do more of? Get the past manager/player in the bar before hand and maybe on the pitch at half time to do the raffle draw or something.

Well as you know we (VSC) organised the Ian Duerden trip, with help from Shaun and DRFC of course, but Ian has kindly offered to put us in touch with other ex-DRFC players so we can try and recreate that this next season. Watch this space as they say.

I'm still in touch with Mark Albrighton (Sarge) and having talked about him coming to a game before, this would be something he would love to do? Let me know if it can be arranged and we cn get the date organised

twinkletoes

« Reply #72 on May 23, 2013, 08:50:10 am by twinkletoes »
To Craigy Boy:
What a load of sanctimonious clap trap!!! I suggest that before you start preaching such dribble you should get a few (if not all) of your fact correct.
The people who run this organisation do so on a voluntary basis. They not only have dedication and knowledge (something which you appear to be lacking) but genuinely care about what they do and say. They run this on behalf of DRFC fans, just in case you didn't know.
I suggest if you think you are below them, then deal with it and at the same time crawl back under your stone!!!!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 23, 2013, 09:28:31 am by silent majority »
quick question, sorry if this already taken care of... up until last season i always bought 4 cat A season tickets in the west stand for me, my folks and brother. i rarely attended living abroad but my ticket would be taken by someone if i wasn't around. sadly, my folks decided to ask me not to renew them last season... not because rovers were crap... but because of transport. you see, my mum is fat, old and slow (she doesn't read this so i can say that!), my brother handicapped and my poor step-dad has to manage this. after a game, especially midweek in winter, it's often impossible for my family to get a bus back to town, instead they have to traipse to the pub round the corner (a long way considering my mum and bro's issues) and order a cab (extra expense). any chance of a special (regular/reliable) service back to town or specific drop off points for season ticket holders?

unfortunately, the rovers lost 4 season ticket holders i was happy to continue funding because of transport. if things have improved, can the club contact my mum to explain/win her attendance back?

Its on my list.

There are already buses back to town after the game.

Erm, yes I know, I sorted this last season.

The bit that was on my list was asking the club to get in touch.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 23, 2013, 09:31:43 am by silent majority »
Im an not sure this needs to be done by the VSC or the club, but the visit of Ian Dureden went down well. Is this something we can do more of? Get the past manager/player in the bar before hand and maybe on the pitch at half time to do the raffle draw or something.

Well as you know we (VSC) organised the Ian Duerden trip, with help from Shaun and DRFC of course, but Ian has kindly offered to put us in touch with other ex-DRFC players so we can try and recreate that this next season. Watch this space as they say.

I'm still in touch with Mark Albrighton (Sarge) and having talked about him coming to a game before, this would be something he would love to do? Let me know if it can be arranged and we cn get the date organised

We'll definitely do this next season Simon. Sometimes it takes time to fit into diaries, for instance we waited about 4 months before we could get Ian to the club, so could you make provisional enquiries as to when would suit him? Obviously we need to wait for the fixture list but Sarge would be very high on our wanted list.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 23, 2013, 09:45:07 am by silent majority »
Newyankee,

I didn't get chance to discuss this yesterday but will add it to my list.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 23, 2013, 10:25:19 am by Yargo »

The pre-match music will be looked at again (is that OK Stu?)

More later!
More later,certainly hope so but not holding my breath,so thats it regarding prematch "entertainment"?,the music will be looked at? well i did a poo earlier today and ive looked at it again just now,yep its still the same old crap

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 23, 2013, 10:28:53 am by MrFrost »

More later!
More later,certainly hope so but not holding my breath,so thats it regarding prematch "entertainment"?,the music will be looked at? well i did a poo earlier today and ive looked at it again just now,yep its still the same old crap

The Opener by The Courteeners would be a good pre match song. Even has some references to Doncaster in it.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 23, 2013, 10:35:16 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

More later!

We have jobs and lots of other things to do you know. It's quite a complicated thing pre match having to meet lots of requirements and it is a work in progress that we've started but nothing like finished.

As ever you are fully welcome to input put some thoughts together yourself rather than just grumbling about it.

Mr frost we looked at the opener, courteeners are a band I've seen a lot. Tempo wise it's a little slow close to pre match was what we found. We've done some work as to what works and what doesn't. Long way to go but we've had some progress at least.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 23, 2013, 10:54:46 am by silent majority »

More later!

Thanks for your absolutely valuable contribution!

Where do I say that pre-match entertainment was just about the music? Where do I say that looking at the music again was the be all and end all?

What I did say in my opening post was that I was asking for questions that were not covered in the IRWT survey, and pre-match and half time entertainment was covered in that. The follow up on here last night was in answer to the specific questions I was asked and did not cover the content of the meeting. I also said quite specifically that I had 4 pages of action points and that information will be dealt with later. The meeting lasted 3 hours and covered a lot of territory and we have some great ideas to move forward with IRWT.

Some people just don't deserve the help and work that members of the VSC do for others, and you quite clearly are one.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 23, 2013, 10:55:09 am by Yargo »
i have done,and banged on about it years ago,firstly on the old VSC site and when this one started,and got nowhere,im sure Filo will remember as he once accused me of writing about nothing else,as you say it takes time,four years and waiting but still im only just 50

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on May 23, 2013, 10:57:58 am by silent majority »
i have done,and banged on about it years ago,firstly on the old VSC site and when this one started,and got nowhere,im sure Filo will remember as he once accused me of writing about nothing else,as you say it takes time,four years and waiting but still im only just 50

Oh I remember now. You're the one who wanted to supply a different set of dancers to the Vikettes and rubbished everything the club did. Leopards eh!

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 23, 2013, 11:01:26 am by Yargo »

More later!

Some people just don't deserve the help and work that members of the VSC do for others, and you quite clearly are one.
Ok,fine got the message,wont ask again,thats me entering the ground next season at 5 to 3,Oh and the questions about prematch entertainment wasnt something purely from a selfish point but something thats been pointed out to me by others,Lets make some noise

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on May 23, 2013, 11:02:31 am by Yargo »
Li

Oh I remember now. You're the one who wanted to supply a different set of dancers to the Vikettes and rubbished everything the club did. Leopards eh!
Liar

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 23, 2013, 11:05:34 am by wing commander »
Yargo.I would be very very careful what you put...Been a idiot is no defence to slander.....Of course you could always get off your arse and do something about it yourself...Join the vsc...Join the board itself..??

No?????? Thought not as that would involve actualy doing something other than sat on your backside moaning about others who are prepared to do what you cant be bothered to do....First class tool

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on May 23, 2013, 11:07:44 am by silent majority »

More later!

Ok,fine got the message,wont ask again,thats me entering the ground next season at 5 to 3,Oh and the questions about prematch entertainment wasnt something purely from a selfish point but something thats been pointed out to me by others,Lets make some noise

I don't doubt the pre match needs looking at, it was raised in the survey which is what surveys are for!!

But why are you attacking me and the other VSC guys when we are the ones trying to get it changed for you?

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 23, 2013, 11:16:35 am by Yargo »
The point SM is that it isnt for me,its just been pointed out to me how poor prematch is, no i didnt want a different set of dancers to the Vikettes,i suggested a self financing proper dance troupe shortly after the old Vikettes were dumped,4 years ago,and do not accuse me of rubbishing everything the club did,i did not

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on May 23, 2013, 11:18:16 am by wing commander »
Well he was quick to delete his last remark at least......

Whilst most dont support a members only board...me included..It's people like Yargo who make a damm good argument for it....

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on May 23, 2013, 11:31:01 am by Yargo »
I did not delete anything,and i would not accuse someone of saying/writing something they did not do either!

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on May 23, 2013, 12:02:59 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Only just seen this topic, didnt get chance to get on yesterday.

As always SM, thankyou for taking the time to even create this thread and give us the opportunity to even ask a question to the club or give an opinion.

I realise you have already had the meeting but wonder if my question could be put forward at some point in the future?

Its around the half time draw tickets.  I dont know what the average is that we sell at the moment but asume it must be a decent ammount as they have been selling for years.  Just wondered how feesable it would be for them to be 'vamped' up a bit into a scratch card style.  Like I say I dont know how much more this would cost the club or even if it would be feesable.  The idea i've got is basically stolen from something that is currently done at Brighton & Hove Albion.  They do a 'Hat-Trick Lottery' scratch card.  So basically 3 chances to win on one scratch card.  The first box is for 'First Goal Time' with a prize you scratch off at the bottom if you're right, the second is a half time draw number, and the third box is an 'Instant Win' where you could win for example a programme, burger, hot dog, drink etc.

Maybe we'd sell more of this style of card if the price of one was £1.50??

Anyway its just an idea, it may be no benifit at all to the club financially compared to the current system.  Or it could be a money spinner.  They sell stacks of them at Brighton.

Thanks in advance & keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012